Which game do you most regret wasting money on?

Discussion in 'Games' started by RogueZephyr, May 25, 2017.

1. MistyTheNeko

MistyTheNeko Ketchup Robot

Another game I regret buying; Castle Crashers.
    First off, I don't have a controller. Second, None of my friends want to play with me. Third, all of the online people are either new or extremely OP.
    I could have gotten a different game.

Roskii Heiral and Waffle-Chan like this.
  2. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Have you played less than 3 hours?

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  3. MistyTheNeko

If you start stalking my steam profile, I'm going to get very mad at you.

Roskii Heiral and Waffle-Chan like this.
  4. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

I'm not and I can't >:T

Roskii Heiral and MistyTheNeko like this.
  5. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

I really like Castle Crashers, but I played on 360 a million years ago xD

MistyTheNeko likes this.
  6. MistyTheNeko

Another game I regret buying; Counter Strike Global Offensive.
    Sure, it can be fun, but it's no fun when people always yell at you and there's a clear difference in skill among teams.
    Overall, it's a major pain.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Same could be said for most PvP experiences, at least from my experience. That's why I avoid PvP like the plague.

MistyTheNeko likes this.
  8. MistyTheNeko

Only PvP game I play is TF2. I don't play it as much as I have been playing other games recently.

9. tbsstudios

tbsstudios Void-Bound Voyager

Not so much of a game, but the Ouya took all of my expectations and my expected-to-release titles out the window.

10. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

For Honor. If only because it cost 60 bucks and is barely worth 20.

11. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

It's a hard toss up between ESO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, both cost more than they're worth.

Edit: Elder Scrolls Online was a terrible experience for me. Was stuck on the tutorial level for a day, 'cause one of the NPCs bugged out and didn't continue the sequence. Then the questing/open dungeons. Hooo-boy. Trying to tag a quest mob while there's bots and other players farming a dungeon mob, good luck. The hype leading up to the dungeon was really good, until I went in and seen 7+ players just utterly destroying everything before I could even get my bearings. It wrecked my immersion; ya know, one of the major sellings points of an Elder Scrolls game. So there went 70$.

As for Life is Feudal: Your Own, it was just a buggy, laggy, hot mess that I bought for a friend. He was pretty into the RP part and I just wanted to play a game with him. 50$ later and a few drinks, it was a pretty good time. Went back to play it solo. Hell, to the no. I thought Warframe's grind was terrible...
    Each time you die you lose a set number of levels on *all* of your skills, by a large amount at that. You're always stuck in perma PvP, and the tedium behind the grind was illogical and boring. Couldn't make a mine for metal, when the sun would come up, it'd bug out the server and crash it.

Was great romp drunk and with a friend, doing stupid stuff, but as a stand alone-game? It'd be cool as a free to play. 60$ more down the drain.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  12. MistyTheNeko

Undertale.
    Because there's other games that I know which have a better story and better character,s and a better soundtrack.

13. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

I've never played that, but it seems to have a pretty strong following

MistyTheNeko likes this.
  14. MistyTheNeko

Yes.Yes it does.
    Another game I regret buying; BattleBlock Theater.
    Mostly because I don't have an Xbox controller and it's confusing on keyboard.

15. Gilligan Lanley

I enjoyed Undertale. It isn't the holy grail of gaming like some make it out to be, but it was worth a 10$ romp imo.
    There are indeed plenty of better games out there, but the hype made it bigger than it actually was, sadly.

16. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

Undertale is a good game but people saying it's the "best game ever" is a MASSIVE stretch.

MistyTheNeko and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  17. MistyTheNeko

It's decent, yes, but there's more games I've enjoyed for characters and for sound tracks.
    Fire Emblem games have more interesting characters, and even VA-11 Hall-A has better music in my opinion.

18. Gilligan Lanley

Another game I feel like I wasted my money on was the first Witcher game. From the drab and uninteresting characters and monotone voice acting, to the just plain boring combat.

19. NaiJi

NaiJi Starship Captain

RISEN

But it is not fault of the game, but only mine. I think "Whoah I love Skyrim, RPG is cool yeah now I gonna buy this one and will play whole night!". And... after this you are starting to play and "he... where is... teleportes? Why so hard? Why is game isn't so casual as Skyrim was? What is all these quests about?

Crap this, I'm damn newfag and casual.

20. Damuranashi

Damuranashi Existential Complex

I remember buying WipeOut Pure from a store long ago. Turned out it wasn't WipeOut but a horrible thing called Ghost Vibration. I know it is not what you would expect but I wasted money in it and I regret it.