Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Pathoschild The game doesn't start with all mods except Immersive Farm 2. The mod is dependent on Custom Farm Maps. So I tried 2.1.1 with only Custom Farm Maps (and its dependency SpaceCore) and XNB Loader (and its dependency Entoarox Framework) installed and so far the textures seem to work. I tested it 5 times with no issues, then started slowly adding in mods to see if any of the textures would break. As I did that, I noticed a message from SMAPI before the tiles became corrupted, but strangely enough the message doesn't actually show up in my error log.
    Code:
    [SMAPI]: Broke loop on spring_outdoorsTileSheet.
    Something to that effect. I didn't think it wouldn't show up in my error log so I don't have the exact text, but I know it said that it broke loop on the spring tilesheet. After closing the game and starting it up again, I did not receive the error this time (I had not changed any files either) and the textures showed up fine. I know I have seen the message before too, but I don't remember if it showed up every time.

After rolling in the last 3 of my mods (Stardew Notification, UIInfoSuite, StackSplitX), the textures became corrupted again, this time with no message. I removed them, then added them in one by one. At first Stardew Notification being added broke the game, but after removing it and testing the other two mods and then re-adding it, my textures were still fine.

x_x I thought I had it there.

Oh gosh I should have posted the error log anyway when I got the broken loop error, I am so sorry. If I get it again I will post it.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    • thingwithwings

thingwithwings Phantasmal Quasar

I was having the same corrupted sprites issue and after going through all my mods and adding them back one by one, I found that the cause for mine was the Sprinkler Range Mod. Dunno if that'll help anybody. I'm about to go let the creator know tho

EDIT: I was wrong, changed the post to reflect the right mod that was causing problems

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
      • ssr66

ssr66 Guest

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I want to make a SMAPI mod, but I can't get .net framework 4.5 to show up on visual studio community. I can download 4.5.2 and I might be able to actually use it if it shows up. Can I use 4.5.2 or is there anyway to get 4.5 to show up? Thanks for your time!

• Derk_

Derk_ Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Guys & Gals.. so i'm having an issue that I just can't figure out how to fix. Today I started a new game of Stardew Valley.. (Making sure that all of my Mods were updated and compatible with SMAPI 2.1; which they were.) and I played non-stop until I got to the 9th day of Spring. Everytime I go to sleep to end the day, the game crashes. I tried playing without any mods and it still crashes.. I tried playing on an older save WITH all my mods and It worked fine, I could sleep no problems. However my older save wasn't on the 9th of Spring so i'm not sure if the crash is tied to that specific day.. I should probably mention that I did in fact install a new farm layout for the Forest/Foraging farm, although I really don't know if that is the issue considering I was able to get through 8 days without any crashes or errors in the SMAPI console window. So i'm really stumped :(

Attached Files:

• DragonDreads

DragonDreads Phantasmal Quasar

for some reason I keep getting this error. it just started recently and not sure what caused it. Is there a setting that was changed and I didn't notice? I reinstalled 2.1 and still getting the same error.

COPYING MODIFICATION FILES FAILED.
            Thrown Exception: A call must be made to SafeCopyEnd before another session can begin.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

kijikun likes this.
            • Derk_

Derk_ Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild Here you go man, thanks for taking the time to look into this even though you're on vacation; really appriciate this :)

Attached Files:

• DragonDreads

Here you go.

Attached Files:

• ToxicKitten

ToxicKitten Void-Bound Voyager

Hi everyone, Im having an issue with the Get dressed mod and Smapi 2.1.1 Everytime I try to change clothes it crashes the game! if you could tell me whats going on and possibly help me out Id be greatful!

Attached Files:

• Derk_

Derk_ Void-Bound Voyager

Okay... Update, I just started a new game and quickly slept until the 9th of spring to see what would happen.... The same.. damn... thing.. It crashes whenever I sleep :nope: this is quite annoying... So there must be something wrong in my game files.. so i'm gonna go ahead and reinstall the entire game from scratch and hope for the best.. which means loosing all of my custom Xnb's.. :lod:

• sc0rich

sc0rich Void-Bound Voyager

:cry: I'm going through the same thing as Derk_
                      I actually don't know what's going on with this file. I attached the crash log as well as a zip of the save file.
                      I'm sorry to bug you on your vacation. :notworthy:

Attached Files:

• Derk_

Derk_ Void-Bound Voyager

Alright! Good News! I have fixed my game. I went and re-installed the game, which basically got rid of all my XNB mods.. and I could get passed the 9th of Spring no problem with a fresh Content folder. So, I slowly started adding separate folders from my old install to see what was specifically causing the game to crash. It ended up being the Dialogue folder. ( Located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Dialogue ) So, the root of the crash was some-sort of specific dialogue line that must have been edited incorrectly or somehow corrupted.. I simply put back all my old files containing my XNB mods except for my Dialogue edits and bam, working again :catdealwithit:

@sc0rich I had a look at your SMAPI-crash log and it seems that you are getting the same error I was. So try going into your Stardew Valley directory and replacing your Dialogue folder with the one I attached to this reply. ( The dialogue folder is completely vanilla, no edits ) Hopefully this fixes it for you like it did for me :D

Attached Files:

• sc0rich

@Derk_ :nope: crashed on the 9th day as per usual. I'm gonna try with a new game later, tell you how that goes.

• sc0rich

just went through a playthrough today from a newgame. it also crashed on day 9 - didn't even try to save :/

I'll just leave my files here; maybe someone with more experience can tell me what I've done wrong.
                            the strangest thing is that the latest crash left a file that supposedly was made 4 hours ago. So I'm not sure the game/SMAPI considered this latest stoppage of play a crash.

Attached Files:

• ElocinTygr

ElocinTygr Intergalactic Tourist

I'm having a weird issue, while it doesn't seem to have any negative effect and the game plays normally, SMAPI does complain a lot about it and I would like to make it shush, so I'm hoping someone will help me pinpoint what mod is causing it or if it's SMAPI itself.

Every time I move a tool/equipment in an inventory of some sort this gets displayed:

Code:
                              [SMAPI] A mod failed handling the PlayerEvents.InventoryChanged event:
                              System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'StardewValley.Tools.MilkPail' to type 'StardewValley.Object'.
                                 at SeasonalItems.ModEntry.PlayerEvents_InventoryChanged(Object sender, EventArgsInventoryChanged e)
                                 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 65
                              This happens with all tools and equipment, i.e. milk pail, rings, axe, fishing rod, pickaxe, et cetera. As I said previously, it doesn't seem to affect anything negatively, but it gives that little message in red every time, just with a different object than milk pail listed, it's just that the milk pail is what I move the most as it stays in a chest until I need it.

I'm not sure what mod is causing it, so I'm just gonna list the mods that I have in hopes that someone could tell me which one is causing it.

All Professions, Automate, Categorize Chests, Chef's Closet, Chest Pooling, CJB Cheats Menu and Item Spawner, Forage and Mining at the Farm, Game Reminder, Gift Taste Helper, Happy Birthday, Look Up Anything, NPC Maps Locations, Rush Orders, Part of the Community, Out of Season Bonuses, Skull Cave Saver and UI Info Suite

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Derk_ I'm glad you figured it out! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I have limited Internet access while I'm away.

@DragonDreads That's an issue with Stardew Valley Package Manager, which I can't help with. That one hasn't been updated since March 2017 though, so maybe try ModDrop or SDVMM instead.

@ToxicKitten Can you post your save files and a zip of your Mods folder for me to test?

@sc0rich Does the crash still happen if you reset your content files (and don't replace any files under Content yet)? The four-hour difference in the log date is normal, since it's the UTC timezone.

@ElocinTygr Can you post your latest SMAPI log file?

• ElocinTygr

ElocinTygr Intergalactic Tourist

• ToxicKitten

ToxicKitten Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild This is my most recent save files and all mods I use. Hope it helps figure out the crashes!

Attached Files:

• DragonDreads

Thanks for letting me know. I've switched to one of the ones you suggested.

• Flaster14

Flaster14 Space Spelunker

I have been using smapi for a while now but then suddenly I am getting this error

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.