1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ninja Tools+ (RAM) 1.4

Alter your tools to make them more ninja!

1. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

greenRAM submitted a new mod:

Ninja Rope+ (RAM) - New ninja tools to help with your climbing needs.

Read more about this mod...

2. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Ninja Tools+ (RAM) with a new update entry:

V1.1

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. greenRAM

V1.2

4. greenRAM

V1.3

5. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd suggest a paired set of ninja grapples, so you can swing around without having to have two separate grapples in inventory. And maybe a short range teleporter with a "ninja poof" effect? Maybe you could borrow the code from the translocator staff mod. An energy-based bag of caltrops might be fun too.

greenRAM likes this.
  6. greenRAM

I like the dual left and right grappling gun idea. I'll definitely be using that idea next.

I'll have to think about the teleporting idea awhile and maybe experiment with a few different ideas. Making it into a tech sounds the easiest as we already have code for something like that from the previous builds of the vanilla game. I'll have to look around and see what still works though. This one may take some time to even get off the ground.

The caltrops idea sounds really interesting. I feel like we already have trap-like projectiles in the game we could probably use for an item like that, then on detonation it could drop the item, giving you the illusion that you set them as traps. I'll rummage around in the projectiles and see what I can dig up. We'll see if something pans out with one, but it sounds like a fun idea. Making it energy based sounds neat too. We'd probably need to make it as a wand with a similar projectile. We'll see how this works out.

All great ideas! Thanks a lot for the suggestions!

7. greenRAM

8. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the response, I'm glad you like the ideas!
    I'd be leery of using the old blink tech's code though, from what I've heard it can be game-crashingly unstable. I think that's actually one of the reasons they pulled it. That's why I suggested looking at this mod; https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/translocator-staff-a-k-a-teleportation-stave.4513/
    My current character hasn't actually made enough progress to build it yet, but it looks pretty solid.

For the caltrops, maybe it would help to look at the code for crossbows. I've noticed that if a bolt misses a target and sticks in the ground, enemies will still take damage from it if they walk into it after. It would also be neat if they slowed the enemy they hit for a while, to simulate the idea that the enemy has to walk carefully to avoid them, which was the real point of using them.

Actually, the crossbow thing reminds me of an old N64 game called Jet Force Gemini. That game had a high-tech homing shurikan weapon that instantly beheaded any monster it touched. The hilarious part was they also stuck in the terrain and could still damage enemies. Monster walks along, bumps it's foot on one, it's head fly's off for no reason. Looked absolutely ridiculous. The game also had some of the best music and coolest looking areas in any game ever. The watchtower level was AMAZING.