1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED World start modifier 1.0

Change beam down location and optionally respawn on-world

1. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k submitted a new mod:

World start modifier - Change beam down location and optionally respawn on-world

Read more about this mod...

2. wolf warstorm

wolf warstorm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

just to clarify
    I need to
    1. place a flag
    2. place 2 buttons
    3. attach one button to the top and one to the bottom of the flag
    4. then push both?

3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I recommend to use just one button and wire it to both nodes of the flag - assuming you intend to respawn planet side too. Not hooking up the planetside node is as good as saying no.

A door would work just as well as a swich because they also have output nodes. Like the flag, it can be removed after if you wish.

4. wolf warstorm

wolf warstorm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Im only doing this so I can change where I spawn in the ship it self, I got the uros 4 mod (the one that turns you ship into a small planet) and didn't like where the actual cockpit was so I moved it 300 blocks up with a rail elevator so look out at plants and garden bots like the king of the world.

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

In that case I'm not sure the other node matters at all. That's more so when you have a planetside base and want to respawn there when you die - instead of on your ship.

But yes you can still change your spawn point on a ship.

6. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

I've been thinking that it might be interesting to use this method on telaporters as well, especially for changing the spawn location on your ship. I wonder if that's possible.

edit: giving it a try now.
    edit edit: Looks like it works perfectly! ...though, I haven't tested each of the patched teleporters yet. Uploaded my test addon as an attachment. This will make moving the ship teleporter possible now. You just have to reset the beam up location with this addon after moving it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I thought about doing this to teleporters, but at the time there was a wired teleporter mod I didn't want to interfere with. Nothing really messes with flags, so I went with that. Also the flags are easily accessible/no teleporter core etc. Of course I get that it would look a bit odd, but the flag can easily be removed after and the change remains.

My code here isn't anything special. Feel free to publish the teleporter equivalent is you like and/or including that functionality in your Uros IV mod as it would be useful to those using your mod.

greenRAM likes this.
  8. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Awesome! I was thinking about asking you about publishing something like that after posting, but I was also half asleep at the time, so I thought I'd better sleep on it. Thanks for the preemptive go-ahead. I'll get to work on it now that I'm fully awake.

9. CopperBoltwire

CopperBoltwire Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hope it's still compat' with 1.3x

10. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

It will probably remain compatible indefinitely. I guess that's one advantage really simple mods like this usually have.