RELEASED Darker Wet Soil

Discussion in 'Mods' started by siletka, Mar 14, 2016.

1. BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

No need to stress the Fertilizer!
    Edit: If it's any help, the fertilized ground's pixels are the same regardless of the state of the soil (i.e. watered or dry).

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
      siletka likes this.
    • siletka

siletka Intergalactic Tourist

I knew that was the case, but I still can't find where the actual sprites for the various different fertilizers are stored. I just hope that with these mods, they're easier to see now.

BoffoBoy likes this.
      • Oerba Dia Vanille

Oerba Dia Vanille Starship Captain

Thank you so much. This is really useful

• BoffoBoy

I found them but it's bad news, it's hidden in cursors.xbn

Fertilizer found.png

The main issue here is that there is so very much crammed into that file that mass conflicts with other more pressing matters (worms re-textures anyone?) would be impossible to combine.

I really need to sit down and wrap my head about repacking xbn files and just do these things myself hehe.

Oh and yes, the even darker soil bit DOES make seeing the fertilizer easier

daikiraikimi and siletka like this.
          • siletka

Aha! Thank you very much! So happened to have been the ONE file I overlooked.

Unfortunately what you're saying is true. I could make the changes but it would conflict with other changes.

I can still do this so long as people still want it.

• BoffoBoy

Big sigh, if you do that then at least change the worms so they show up at the same time, it's really the number one major gripe I have with cursors. I use a red dotted mario egg that I randomly picked up from somewhere here, but man I really do not care, just something you know, obviously not the normal dirt variations; could be a lollipop

I use quality speed grows (desert sells em to me) a lot since I am running this fruit cartel that turns it all into wine (what doesn't care about quality so why not?) and little purple dots are ridiculous.

I really need to sit down and learn to repack the xbn's so I can just make the changes super ugly and obvious like dayglo french fuchsia rolled a 5 on a single die.

siletka likes this.
              • siletka

So change the fertilizer and the ground worms?

Will do. :)

BoffoBoy likes this.
                • BoffoBoy

A nice impossible mission would be to take that monster cursors.xbm and break it into a billion bits all labeled sanely so that the game still understands it all. imagine the free dowm that would allow.

Not sure how much room you have to work on worms but a mini treasure chest or the above mentioned lollipop or a mole ala wack a mole or um lets see... as a tiny pink pony? Just please not pokemon flavored, that's been done to death.

Superior_s likes this.
                  • Jesster

Jesster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just want to say this has been very helpful, thank you! <3

• icezolation

icezolation Seal Broken

Fantastic job! Overlooking to water some tiles happened to me quite a few times. Thank you so much!

• annachibi

annachibi Phantasmal Quasar

Excellent mod, a must-have! :D

• hermai

hermai Void-Bound Voyager

This is a very useful mod. Thank you!

• DaMarCo+

DaMarCo+ Void-Bound Voyager

Great stuff, also good to know i'm not the only one who has spent time wondering, "did I ACTUALLY water it all." :)

• Bunkmaster

Bunkmaster Space Spelunker

Great mod! But I'm just sitting here thinking why oh why did CA include those tiles in the cursors file and not in some specific 'farm tiles' file? The more I see of his code choices the more of a mess it looks like. :nope:

• Savannah94

Savannah94 Void-Bound Voyager

Great job on this. No more squinting on my eyes anymore! <3

• viscount

viscount Space Spelunker

great! :nurunaughty:

• Rubicant1982

Rubicant1982 Subatomic Cosmonaut

was there a new version that updated the soil/worms/fertilizer sprites all in one? :eek:

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I also had trouble while trying to figure out what crops I'd already watered but it never even crossed my mind to mod it. Nnoooiiiicccceee!

• MistressOfMadness

MistressOfMadness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the links are't working

• Verne

Verne Astral Cartographer

This thread is well over a year old, friend.

Bummer, really, I thought it was a new mod since you necro'd it, and it'd be really nice to have, but...yeah, no, it's ancient, the user who made it has likely taken it down, or it's expired...don't know how Dropbox works, but...yeah.