1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Base In A Box 2.0.12

Deploy instant base modules from placeable objects.

1. LoneSlider

LoneSlider Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello. Previously, a method has been described how to make your blueprint. From starbound.log
    Can you write it again?
    Thank you.

2. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

Yeah, I never did find time to make a tutorial video for this but basically, if you check the option to output a blueprint to starbound.log when scanning, the log file will include a bunch of sections that you should copy and paste to their own files and place in the assets/user folder of your install. Each section is clearly marked with instructions on what to do and the mod will have generated a unique name for the item/file based on the time and date, so it's hopefully a simple matter of copying and pasting according to the instructions given in each section. If you shut the game down immediately after scanning, then the output will be pretty easy to find (it'll be at the end of the log file).

Hopefully I'll find time at some point to make a proper tutorial, though I could probably make a standalone exe that would extract a blueprint from your log and save it to user/ automatically, if that's something people would be interested in. In any event, if you get stuck just post any questions you have and I'll help out.

LoneSlider likes this.
  3. LoneSlider

LoneSlider Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you very much. I completely forgot that the in log file is written instruction.
    Everything worked out.
    P.S. A new console, just amazing.

Pilchenstein likes this.
  4. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

Plz make a tutorial about making template.
    Like you made some pre made builds
    And export them for mod making purposes

5. wolf warstorm

wolf warstorm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

could I get a step by step guide on how to make custom buildings and how to save them. this mod is the coolest thing since a frozen star in deep space but I would like to be able to save this big base I just built.
    thanks for your time

6. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

my tutorials talk about it some... follow the link in my sig

7. wolf warstorm

sorry I looked through both links (the little blue samurai and the 4 kingdoms links) and didn't see the tutorial about the base in a box design saving
    I did see some nice building tutorials which I will look at later, but not what I was looking for
    thanks though

8. SivCorp

I'll make you a quick one then.
    Standby....

((sometime later this weekend))

9. wolf warstorm

sweet thanks
    ((eagerly awaits for this weekend))

10. SivCorp

11. wolf warstorm

12. SivCorp

I don't use the .log part, so you will have to wait for an answer from the creator.

13. wolf warstorm

oh well thanks anyway

14. Pilchenstein

Hey, I never had the time to make a tutorial for how to do that and ended up thinking a tool to automate the process was probably a better idea - I made a start on it but didn't get it finished. I'll take another look at it and see if I can finish it up this week or next.

SivCorp likes this.
  15. wolf warstorm

ROCK UP MONKEY(OR DOG) PUPPET DUDE!:cool:

16. Pilchenstein

It's a monkey :D

17. Pilchenstein

Just to update on this, I've got the code to extract blueprints from starbound.log and put them in the assets/user/ folder up and running, I just need to put a front-end together. Turns out there were some bugs in how the objects were being exported that I had to fix along the way, which is why it took so long :)

SivCorp likes this.
  18. Pilchenstein

Apologies for the low quality gif but here's a new feature:
    [​IMG]

SivCorp likes this.
  19. SivCorp

Yeah! Painted block remembrance? Awesome sauce! :party:

20. wolf warstorm

wait so you've got the custom stuff working now?
    sweet