Tutorial Installing mods for Starbound 1.0

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by The | Suit, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetXarison

JetXarison Space Hobo

I have MAC and I dont understand what to do. I installed https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/human-beards-and-accessories.3829/ this mod. Somewhere i read that you need to do next - Go > Go to folder > ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound . Or something like that (My main language is Russian, sorry). But my MAC says that this folder do not exist. And when i extracted that file i got a folder. In this tutorial, tho, you didn't say what I suppose to do with folder with no PAK file...

2. JetXarison

JetXarison Space Hobo

okay, I understood that you need to copy those two files into folder 'mods'... Last trouble is that i dont know how to find that folder

3. GonDragon

GonDragon Pangalactic Porcupine

Why you want to do that? If you subscribed to that mod from steam, then you don't need to do anything else.

4. JetXarison

JetXarison Space Hobo

But there is no such mod in steam

5. GonDragon

GonDragon Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, I was missunderstanding what are you trying to do, sorry.

To found the "mod" folder (where you should put any pack file), you should Open Steam > Library > Right Click on Starbound > Properties > Local Files > Watch Local Files (or something like that).

That will open the main directory of starbound, where you can find the "Mods" folder.

JetXarison likes this.
  6. JetXarison

JetXarison Space Hobo

Oh my goodness man, I was so stupid)) Thank you so much, saved me :rofl: Now I have this amazing mod working good) I spent hours to understand how it was suppose to be done. Thanks again :p

7. M0NSIEUR C00KIE

M0NSIEUR C00KIE Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, and excuse me but i have a problem with a mod, the spawn object though but they are invisible. Should you drag the folders as "item" and "stats" in files other than metadata ?

8. chattboy

chattboy Space Hobo

None of the pictures or whatever is under the "correct way" and "incorrect way" show up can some one walk me through it please????

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  9. pen_DL

pen_DL Void-Bound Voyager

how did you put PAK file in that Mod folder tho? i didn't see any PAK file after i extracted too. i am also on a mac

10. Anguspw80

Anguspw80 Void-Bound Voyager

The problem is that the folders are .rar files. they can't seem to be opened on my mac so I assume thats the same problem. I also don't get any trace of pak/rar files in starbound.

11. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

12. DireWolfDragon

DireWolfDragon Space Hobo

okay, I've been trying this for like 2 hours now...
    I have a mac, downloaded the Skath Race mod but it's not working, it is already placed in the mods folder.
    but the .metadata is missing
    also I dont have the option of using the launch mod uploader tool when starting the game, I don't have that option...
    really desperate and I have no idea what to do anymore...anyone got an idea?

13. Samara

Samara Orbital Explorer

Uhm... The|Suit im having some issue. I extract the file in the mod folder, but the game just crashes, so...if you could help me it would be nice, and the Location of the mods ain't in Girafe_storage, its Starbound\mods
    ~Samara~

14. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Post your starbound.log file.

15. Samara

Samara Orbital Explorer

Here

Attached Files:

16. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

"Eeveefuelhatch" from the mod Eevee 1.3 seems to be broken. That is your issue.

17. Samara

Samara Orbital Explorer

Oh well
    Thanks!

18. SnowPandas

SnowPandas Space Hobo

Someone should update this cause the images are just a small rectangle with an red x in a corner for me. Luckily i just tried dropping the unpacked Rar/zip file in the mods folder and it seemed to have worked.

19. BirdieTheStarStruck

BirdieTheStarStruck Space Spelunker

I have a few mods, when I try to use the Avali mod, my starbound crashes
    You said something about the .metadata file
    well, this mod has more then just two files before the metadata, what do I do?

Attached Files:

20. wylandylan22

wylandylan22 Space Hobo

@BirdieTheStar
    " have a few mods, when I try to use the Avali mod, my starbound crashes
    You said something about the .metadata file
    well, this mod has more then just two files before the metadata, what do I do?"

take the second Avali-triage folder and move it to the mods folder WITHOUT the first folder.

Since you still have it in downloads:
    go to downloads and open the FIRST Avali-triage folder
    Copy/Move the Avali-triage folder (found within the one you just opened) to the mods folder within your Starbound install
    You're done

Just curious, Why do you not use Windows 10?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.