REQUEST Crafted Items Tracker

Discussion in 'Mods' started by LadyEleven, Oct 23, 2017.

1. LadyEleven

LadyEleven Void-Bound Voyager

My apologies if this has been requested elsewhere - I looked and I didn't see anything on this forum, although others have had the same question.

Anyway: I'd love a mod that added some in-game screen/menu/whathaveyou that showed how many of a craftable item you have crafted, mostly for the purposes of keeping track of progress on the Craft Master achievement. Maybe just a something that pops up when you hover over the item in the Crafting menu?

I know the game already tracks this data, because for right now the apparent solution is digging through the savegame data, which is certainly workable, but a bit tedious. It would be very nice to have some sort of in-game reference.

• lolpcgaming

lolpcgaming Void-Bound Voyager

If this hasn't been done already, I could create it.

LadyEleven likes this.
      • lolpcgaming

[​IMG]

Here's an image of the mod in action. Not sure where I'm supposed to upload this, but if you know, please let me know.

Digus and LadyEleven like this.
        • StumpferMalocher

StumpferMalocher Void-Bound Voyager

Nice work! And so fast too :D

I would recommend Nexus for uploading the mod.
          Or just try this thread, there's a button in the lower right.

LadyEleven likes this.
          • lolpcgaming

I'll put it on the Nexus shortly.

LadyEleven likes this.
            • LadyEleven

:O Thank you thank you thank you!

I did not expect a reply so quickly!

• lolpcgaming

• LadyEleven

Yaaaaay! I tested it out, crafted a couple items I hadn't crafted before, seems to work perfectly. :) Thank you so much!

• lolpcgaming

I'm glad it works :)

• lolpcgaming

Made a slight change to the mod on Nexus. Now it increases the counter as you click on the recipe, rather than requiring you to craft it, close the crafting menu, and open it back up again.

I'm trying to figure out how to inject it into the actual tool-tip, but this is proving more difficult than expected.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That is pretty much impossible, the way you are doing it now is the most efficient.

• lolpcgaming

I disagree that it's impossible, but I agree that it would be a bad idea.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I'm not saying it is *actually* impossible, I am saying it is *pretty much* impossible, as any way that *is* possible has a very high chance of breaking saves, randomly crashing the game or potentially even corrupting the exe completely requiring a re-install.

• lolpcgaming

I disagree with that assessment.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

And you are welcome to, if you can find a way to do it that does not involve IL editing, then all the power to you - and the community, because discovering new ways to do things makes everyone's ability to mod grow.

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Are there any other mods like this? Crafting Counter does not seem to work at all for me (dropping it in the Mods folder does not work).

• LadyEleven

Sorry, I haven't seen any other mods that do what CraftingCounter does. It worked for me with no issues. I'm not a troubleshooting expert for SMAPI, but does your SMAPI startup run clean with CraftingCounter in the Mods folder? Or does it report errors? Or act like it's not there at all?

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Acts like it's not there at all.

It's a bit strange to me that it's the only mod I've come across so far that didn't come in a zip folder. I also notice that it doesn't share a similar extension to any sub-files from other mods...

• LadyEleven

Could you maybe paste in your SMAPI log with the CraftingCounter folder in the mods folder? I'll look at it and see if I can see anything. And/or what your directory looks like and I'll compare it to mine? Also are you using the 1.0 version or the 1.1 version of Crafting Counter?

Saraneth likes this.
                                      • Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

I'm trying Crafting Counter 1.1, the latest in Nexus Mods.

The directory path is included in the log (user name changed):

Code:
                                        [00:07:02 TRACE SMAPI]
                                        [11:22:53 INFO  SMAPI] SMAPI 2.1 with Stardew Valley 1.2.33 on Unix 14.5.0.0
                                        [11:22:53 DEBUG SMAPI] Mods go here: /Users/(user name)/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS/Mods
                                        [11:22:53 TRACE SMAPI] Log started at 2018-01-10T02:22:53 UTC
                                        [11:22:56 TRACE SMAPI] Overriding content manager...
                                        [11:22:56 TRACE SMAPI] Starting game...
                                        [11:23:13 TRACE SMAPI] Content manager 'Game1.content' disposed, disposing assets that aren't needed by any other asset loader.
                                        [11:23:13 TRACE SMAPI] Invalidated 0 cache entries.
                                        [11:23:20 TRACE SMAPI] Detecting common issues...
                                        [11:23:20 TRACE SMAPI] Loading mod metadata...
                                        [11:23:20 TRACE SMAPI] Loading mods...
                                        [11:23:20 TRACE SMAPI] Loading AutoGate 1.0 from AutoGate/AutoGate.dll...
                                        [11:23:20 TRACE SMAPI]    Rewriting AutoGate.dll for OS...
                                        [11:23:20 TRACE SMAPI]    Rewrote AutoGate.dll to fix StardewValley.Game1.player field...
                                        [11:23:20 TRACE SMAPI] Loading Console Commands from ConsoleCommands/ConsoleCommands.dll...
                                        [11:23:21 TRACE SMAPI] Loading GiftTasteHelper from GiftTasteHelper/GiftTasteHelper.dll...
                                        [11:23:21 TRACE SMAPI]    Rewriting GiftTasteHelper.dll for OS...
                                        [11:23:21 TRACE SMAPI] Loading SkullCavernElevator from SkullCavernElevator/SkullCavernElevator.dll...
                                        [11:23:21 TRACE SMAPI]    Rewriting SkullCavernElevator.dll for OS...
                                        [11:23:21 TRACE SMAPI] Loading To Do List from ToDoList/ToDoMod.dll...
                                        [11:23:21 TRACE SMAPI]    Rewriting ToDoMod.dll for OS...
                                        [11:23:21 TRACE SMAPI]    Rewrote ToDoMod.dll to fix SpriteBatch methods...
                                        [11:23:21 TRACE SMAPI] Loading TreeTransplant from TreeTransplant/TreeTransplant.dll...
                                        [11:23:21 TRACE SMAPI] Loading UI Info Suite from UI Info Suite/UIInfoSuite.dll...
                                        [11:23:21 TRACE SMAPI]    Rewriting UIInfoSuite.dll for OS...
                                        [11:23:21 TRACE SMAPI]    Rewrote UIInfoSuite.dll to fix SpriteBatch methods...
                                        [11:23:21 TRACE SMAPI] Loading Zoom Mod from ZoomMod/ZoomMod.dll...
                                        [11:23:21 TRACE SMAPI]    Rewriting ZoomMod.dll for OS...

[11:23:21 INFO  SMAPI] Loaded 8 mods:
                                        [11:23:21 INFO  SMAPI]    AutoGate 1.0 1.0 by Teban100 | Makes passing through gates automatic
                                        [11:23:21 INFO  SMAPI]    Console Commands 2.0 by SMAPI | Adds SMAPI console commands that let you manipulate the game.
                                        [11:23:21 INFO  SMAPI]    GiftTasteHelper 2.6.4 by tstaples (aka catman) | Displays NPC gift tastes in a handy tooltip.
                                        [11:23:21 INFO  SMAPI]    SkullCavernElevator 1.1.1 by lestoph | Elevator for the Skull Cavern
                                        [11:23:21 INFO  SMAPI]    To Do List 1.0 by Eleanor | Record the other little tasks you were up to.
                                        [11:23:21 INFO  SMAPI]    TreeTransplant 1.0.1 by James Stine | Allows you to transplant trees in game.
                                        [11:23:21 INFO  SMAPI]    UI Info Suite 1.5 by Cdaragorn | Adds a lot of useful information to the user interface. This is based on Demiacle's excellent UIModSuite.
                                        [11:23:21 INFO  SMAPI]    Zoom Mod 1.2.1 | You guessed it!

[11:23:24 TRACE SMAPI] Context: locale set to ja.
                                        [11:23:24 INFO  SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
                                        [11:23:24 TRACE SMAPI] Checking for SMAPI update...
                                        [11:23:24 ALERT SMAPI] You can update SMAPI to 2.3: https://github.com/Pathoschild/SMAPI/releases
                                        [11:23:24 TRACE SMAPI] Checking for updates to 6 keys...
                                        [11:23:24 TRACE SMAPI]    SkullCavernElevator (Nexus:963): update error: Mod has invalid semantic version '1.1.2a'.

[11:23:24 ALERT SMAPI] You can update 1 mod:
                                        [11:23:24 ALERT SMAPI]    UI Info Suite 1.6.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1150
                                        [11:23:48 TRACE Console.Out] gameMode was 'titleScreenGameMode (0)', set to 'loadingMode (6)'.
                                        [11:23:48 TRACE Console.Out] getLoadEnumerator('久子_174466343')
                                        [11:23:57 TRACE Console.Out] gameMode was 'loadingMode (6)', set to 'playingGameMode (3)'.
                                        [11:23:57 TRACE SMAPI] Context: loaded saved game '久子_174466343', starting spring 22 Y2.

And here's what I see when I look at my Mods folder:
                                        Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 11.27.00 AM.png