1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Prop Pack 1.5.0

The Universe's #1 Shopping Catalogue and Shipping

1. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

rare_candy_bracelet submitted a new mod:

Prop Pack - The Universe's #1 Shopping Catalogue and Shipping

Read more about this mod...

2. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

This is a wonderful mod! So many great props. I've found an issue with the dorm room toilet though. If the front is facing left, anything that sits on it gains the ability to levitate a few blocks left.

rare_candy_bracelet likes this.
  3. rare_candy_bracelet

Well the Protectorate objects not part of the set I made I just made available for sale in the mod catalogue - I hadn't changed any of their properties or anything. Which means this error is probably on the vanilla game's part. The devs never intended for players to spawn those objects in themselves, so it's likely they didn't code for sitting on it in the opposite direction. I can see if I can try to patch it though in the next update for the mod.

Dragonclaw likes this.
  4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Oh. Alright. Thanks!

Do you know how to write a patch for an object? I tried to patch the Protectorate Academy door (since it apparently doesn't have the door colony tag), but it didn't work. I think it has something to do with the path. Could you tell me how that works? Is it something like "/protectoratedoor" or "objects/doors/protectoratedoor"?

5. rare_candy_bracelet

here's a tip: take the .object file's text from the /protectoratedoor folder, and paste it into this website in both the left and right textboxes. leave the code in the left box as is (remove all comments // from it though, if it has any or it wont read it) and the box on the right is where you put your version (what the file will look like NATURALLY, not patched, in your case with the added door colony tag). then it'll spit out the appropriate patch in the purple box below. does that makes sense? it makes patching things waaaaay easier than trying to do it yourself imo.

Dragonclaw likes this.
  6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

THANK YOU. This is so helpful. It also got me to unpack the Starbound pak. Now I know that the Protectorate door didn't even have a colonyTags section. I'll go and make a patch for the toilet now.

EDIT: The patches aren't working. I have a few more things to try, but I have to shut my computer down.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  7. rare_candy_bracelet

Dragonclaw and Jonesy like this.
  8. luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

are you sure you uploaded the correct file? i have been unable to locate any of the new objects in the .pak currently downloadable, i even unpacked it to root around in the innards to be sure. i can't find any of the new items

Edit: i grabbed the steam version to confirm, steam has the files, but the forum version does not

Edit #2: i might as well just add a suggestion while i'm at it, with one of my favorite holidays around the corner, i'd LOVE if your mod had a seasonal decor section, with halloween decor(pumpkins, tiny ghost garlands, cheap paper skeleton wall hangings, the vibrating spooky ghosts, pumpkin carving kit, bats on string, cheap foam tombstones, candy bowls, decorative cobwebs, classic-witch-crashed-into-wall, rubber zombie hands jutting out of the ground, ect. ect... every sort of cheesy halloween shop decor you can think of)

i'd love to see your take on things like christmas-season stuff, especially some of the things related to how japan celebrates it(IT'S A HYLOTL CHRISTMAS) which is wonderfully different from the western style:

snow bunnies, christmas fried chicken(yes, really) origami santas, christmas cake, christmas sushi, kotatsu tables, i even saw a godzilla topiary with christmas lights on google images. japan's christmas has no religious trappings, they have fully embraced the idea of spending the holiday with loved ones, and it's so beautifully anti-consumerism in how they approach it

easter is also neglected, and popular in japan because it's simply fun, then there's white day, a variation on valentines(similar decor, mostly white/blue/silver color scheme), since japan has two separate valentines days, one for each gender to profess affection towards those they care about

then of course there is the new years trappings and decor, so many ideas for ways to build and celebrate, mostly i'd love to see decor related to the more widely celebrated holidays that have notable events and festivals, especially things that could bring life to builds at those times of year, i always seek to celebrate holidays with my friends online, and the idea of building a big spooky halloween village with them, or redecorating our homes to suit the season, is something i'd love very much, and starbound's "halloween-ish" decor is very sparse

i love seeing how different cultures celebrate holidays, japan is an easy example that comes to mind because they have embraced western holidays for how they fit into their own culture, and it's become something beautifully different, that makes me desire to see how starbound's races view each one, and how their own culture would celebrate them. undersea christmas seaweed trees with bioluminescent fish bred as lights, avians being ESPECIALLY fixated on easter due to their own culture having a weird fixation on eggs and rabbits. florans celebrating halloween by being extra crazy, novakids would likely enjoy holidays for the wild parties and they're there so briefly they don't have time to get bored of it, apex dystopian holidays would be interesting in their own right

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  9. shark213

shark213 Phantasmal Quasar

So hey @rare_candy_bracelet
    I made this for personal use, I hope you don't mind!
    it can be turned off and on, but unfortunately no sound :casper:

[​IMG]

Jonesy likes this.
  10. rare_candy_bracelet

Dude!! that's rad as hell! I love it!!!

shark213 likes this.
  11. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Better than the movie screen I made for my cinema.

Cinema.jpg

shark213 likes this.
  12. rare_candy_bracelet

aw, I still think it looks cute! I really like the way you used the spotlight in there. And hey! They've got a pretty nice refreshments stand in the back, no?

Dragonclaw, shark213 and Jonesy like this.
  13. Jonesy

Yeah, I put in a concession stand and ticket desk. Personally, snacks are half the fun of going to the movies.

14. rare_candy_bracelet

beepbeep.gif
    beep beep

Jonesy and Dragonclaw like this.
  15. Jonesy

Just what my new Protectorate Hospital needs! And also, all the other medbays I've built over my colonies.

16. luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

i had a random idea involving a "puppet show" booth, with a floran and hylotl puppet doing the "punch and judy" routine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punch_and_Judy

really it would just involve a few frames of the two puppets smacking the crap out of each other

17. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet updated Prop Pack with a new update entry:

Medic!!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Dragonclaw likes this.
  18. Jonesy

I redownloaded the .pak file, but none of the new content is appearing. Am I missing something?

19. rare_candy_bracelet

Have you tried redownloading it? And if so, maybe switch to admin mode??

20. Jonesy

Yep, already tried both. Didn't change anything.