Digital [Comic] Avian Handie C. Rafter's Starbound Adventure

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Tyle, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

*visibly blown away by the amount of likes you just unloaded*

Omicron445 likes this.
  2. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

Listen here pal, you can't come in here with your INCREDIBLE ART STYLE and your LOVEABLE CHARACTERS and FRIENDLY
    ATTITUDE
    without expecting to be bombarded with UNYIELDING PRAISE AND ACCEPTANCE. I just really like your stuff.

3. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Thank you so much ;A;
    Also congrats for nabbing the 100th post of this thread

themushroomlord and Omicron445 like this.
  4. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

AHAHAHAHAHA!
    Okay so first, @Crossfang sent me here, he has good taste.
    Second, This is literally me dream, like, to draw a comic based on my starbound characters. Sadly I lack any artistic talent. Which of course makes this awesome and amazing. Also it's adorable. Very adorable.

5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I'm so much, SO MUCH with ya on this one :3

We need plushies of 'emX3

Rgbunpro likes this.
  6. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

I request 5 of the avian one u_u

7. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

@Tyle do you take requests? I'd be really cool to has my char in this art style :>

(Also, post moar comics!)

8. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

I'm really sorry to say the current answer is no - I only have as little free time as it is and consider how this forum loves making requests, it might take half a year for me to finish a strip of my own if I started taking them :v
    Right now, art trade is a huge maybe (my current policy is if I make a request first, I'll return the favor as a cameo in a future strip), and commission an even huger maybe.

BUT!
    You know comics have background characters? I have a couple planned strips that'll need a good amount of them and I'm going to ask for your help in lending me your chars to fill up the slots - of course, there will be some criteria like specific races I need but this will probably the closest thing to a request I can offer. Thank you all for the love and support!

9. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Sure, I'd love to help out! Just tell me what you need. I can also do modded races

10. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Well, by the time happens, I guess all I need is just people handing in details of their characters similar to requests, and I'll draw them in my strips as background chars. I'll specify beforehead what races I need and what specific clothings or characteristics will be favored.

Alkanthe and Waffle-Chan like this.
  11. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

I'll be more than happy to give you as many characters as you need, on one condition: You give everyone a picture of their characters in that style. (Like, when you draw them, also post them separately)

12. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

That's something I'm not implemented for the past cameos I've made, but if they want a picture of their appearance in the comic (a cut out like this), I'll be happy to make a separate image file from the original svg. if they ask. :)

But if it's a standalone art, that I cannot do. I didn't even do that for my own kids lol

13. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Oh hey hey hey, now, i've noticed that despite having at least two avians in your ship, none of them are fellow believers of the mighty sunborn, now, if you'd like, i can lend you my character for background uses, and to add a bit of stargazer charm to it you know? golden cerymonial clothing, curved dagger for sacrifices, all that good stuff u_u

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  14. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Oki. You can always find my Floran char on my mod page. She's grayish-greenish with blue leafs and a red flower. She usually will wear cutesy clothing and has a pet Fennix

15. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Oi, calm down with the hype, it's not happening yet!

The thing you all gotta realize is, this is not a request draw. I'm doing this out of interest of my comic strips above all else and I cannot (and will not) cater to everyone's expectations. I only need a number of chars in those strips and if there are too many requests (note that I'm also active on dA) , there is certain chance your character will not make it to the strip even if you submitted the details.
    I hope you can understand.

16. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Floran??!! you're a Floran?! I guess i should've known...
    Yeah we're okay with it, but you got to understand, that when you came to this place with nice drawings and friendly attitude, people would start to want more and more drawings u_u

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  17. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Uhuh, I know it's for this comic. I love this comic so far, it's adorable, fun to read, decently paced, it's funny, and I've even showed some people IRL it. I can't wait for the next issue BTW

My multiplayer/modded char is. I plan on making another Novakid when I can (Novakids are my favorite race). I just have a hard time starting a new char, the beginning is too long for me (not just the cutscenes, but the whole beginning of the game)

EDIt: Is there somefing wrong with Florans?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2017
    Tyle likes this.
  18. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Ah, novakid main then eh? that's fine, i guess.
    and about florans...well, they're...
    *goes ptsd for 10 seconds*
    nevermind

Crossfang, Tyle and Waffle-Chan like this.
  19. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

upload_2017-10-19_10-17-46.png

@TheCobaltMask that is very sweet of you! Next up will be a Halloween pic followed by Cooking Lesson 2/5, then I'll go back to Whale Fins - my general schedule alternates between Starbound Adventures (SBA?) and WF, progress will be slow due to current school work however.

Also you people better appreciate how many free requests there exist in this place, ya'll too spoiled :3

20. Nibolas O Anelbozas

I like this slightly feminine Hylotl, what he's called again? Snowy right? yeah, nice dude u_u he gets me

And I agree with you, a lot of people do amazing drawings for free here, i'm using one right now, done by @Crossfang .
    You know Tyle, if i had my wacom, i'd be posting some comics as well, nothing as good as yours or with episodic events, just random things, that's why I love seeing yours so much, it kinda makes me wonder what would I do

Crossfang and Waffle-Chan like this.