1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Supper's Monster Additions 2018-11-19b

Many improvements to rando-monsters, including different stats and behaviors.

1. Mrbojo

Mrbojo Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, i'm having trouble with enemies dying on spawn. I have other mods installed, so that's probably the cause, but i have no idea which one is causing it, could you help? https://pastebin.com/gXg4XmdY

2. steakhutzeee

steakhutzeee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Somewhere i read that when I want to uninstall the mod i ve to reset the universe. What this mean. What I will lose? Thanks :)

3. SentientSupper

SentientSupper Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You don't have to reset the universe. All previously-encountered monsters will die instantly and you'll have to move to a new planet for monsters to function.

4. steakhutzeee

So if I need to uninstall the mod I've only to delete the mod file and go to another planet?

5. SentientSupper

Any capture pods with monsters inside will also have to be dumped.

steakhutzeee likes this.
  6. steakhutzeee

7. SentientSupper

steakhutzeee likes this.
  8. SentientSupper

SentientSupper updated Supper's Monster Additions with a new update entry:

Sounds

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. royal_fish

royal_fish Phantasmal Quasar

Hello. I've been using the "Enable Monster Special Attacks" mod here: https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/enable-monsters-special-attacks.4925/

I didn't quite want to dedicate my universe to having this mod permanently, but if I do replace the previous mod with this one, does this mod have all of the same ranged attacks as that one? What will happen to my previously captured pets; will they have the same attacks as when I caught them, or will they be glitched and crash the game if I install this mod? The minibosses really appeal to me, but I just want to get all of the facts before I alter my game/character permanently.

Thanks for your time.

10. SentientSupper

They will have the same attacks as when you caught them due to the way the capture pods work. I haven't really tested anything else though. Make a backup of your saves before you proceed.

11. royal_fish

They actually ended up with completely different attacks somehow, but that's alright. It's also interesting to note that they now look different as well, probably due to installing your monster parts module and changing how many parts are loaded in.

12. SentientSupper

SentientSupper updated Supper's Monster Additions with a new update entry:

Update Title:

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Hello, can you do modifications for NPCs so that they are more stronger, shoots faster, and any good improvements for the NPCs (just like the mod "Enemies Aren't Stupid!... Anymore!")
    If not then it's okay. (I already said this to xaliber, but I posted this to your discussion just in case he said no)

14. SentientSupper

This mod is all about monsters. Any changes to npcs will not be included in this mod.

15. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

Yay! an update! Has anybody else experienced invisible monsters

16. SentientSupper

All monsters invisible or just special attacks?

17. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

No I mean create a mod that Improves NPCs just like "Enemies Aren't Stupid!... Anymore!" mod, sorry for the misunderstanding.

18. royal_fish

Hello. I was using the previous version of this mod, and the new one breaks my game. When I try to visit a planet that has been visited before, I get this error in the log before getting kicked back to my ship:

[21:39:23.018] [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught: (SpawnTypeDatabaseException) No such spawnType 'passiveBasicDivingSmallFlying'

I think something changed in the code between versions that breaks all planets that were visited in the past.

19. SentientSupper

Yep, a side effect of merging two kinds of birds.

20. SentientSupper