1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley SWITCH: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

"Anyone else experiencing some lag and the screen having random black boxes flickering about a bit when it rains? Only experiencing it when I'm walking through my crops in the rain. It doesn't crash the game though I do get the slight worry it might have that kind of power if I expand my farm much farther. I have roughly 975 crops planted plus quality sprinklers to hit about 90% of them. All in one block area. So there is quite a lot on my screen.

It's not something I've experienced on the PC version. It's not a huge deal, I've been experiencing it my entire second year since I expanded the amount of crops I was planting and added sprinklers. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing that.

Going to see if adding some free space in there causes it to stop happening once winter has passed"

(also says other games are unaffected).

"So I would definitely say it's not an issue with my switch. I took the opportunity of a rainy day earlier this afternoon to do some resets and see if I could tell more.

The flashing black boxes are the sprinklers. It's always where a sprinkler is. I only have one iridium sprinkler, that one does do the flashing along with the quality ones. It doesn't always happen but does happen quite frequently."

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/75yeet/lag_and_flickering_when_it_rains_on_switch/

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
      Katzeus likes this.
    • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Kitkat6270

Kitkat6270 Lucky Number 13

I haven't seen this bug on here so I'll post it, not sure if other people are having this issue.

Sometimes, seemingly at random, when I go to give someone a gift it glitches. It will either say "You already gave this person a gift today" or "you've already giving this person 2 gifts this week" even though that is not true, and it still takes my gift for them out of my inventory. Then I have to talk to the character a separate time after giving them the gift for them to give me their thank you message. The characters it has happened to me with are Vincent, penny, and Leah so far.

Willyam likes this.
      • Kieto

Kieto Space Hobo

I don't know exactly, but it seems it only happens in undocked mode. Gonna try tomorrow, but maybe someone else can confirm.

• ByDarwinsBeard

ByDarwinsBeard Seal Broken

I was playing docked when I had it happen.

• Lexxercise

Lexxercise Space Hobo

I've experienced the crash randomly before, and thought it might have been associated with mining (often happened when I spent an unusually long amount of time down there), but having crashed three times on the same day--even on a day which I avoided the mines--that appears not to be the case.

Spring 21 (Thunderstorming)

Crash 1: Get Pierre's sashimi quest, pick ripe crops, chop wood (forest farm layout), make and deliver sashimi, pick up Help Wanted request (monster slaying, 4 red slimes), rest of day spent in mine satisfying slimes and previous day's squid kid slaying request. Only items in shipping box were my usual (16 pc hardwood) and some cauliflower.

Crash 2: Same morning as before, but with much less time spent in mine (5 levels instead of 10 or so).

Crash 3: Same morning as before, but no mining trip.

No Crash: Only farm-related tasks, did not make or deliver sashimi, no items in shipping box, no mining trip.

All three crashes were before the shipping tally screen. EDIT: All of my crashes have happened while in handheld mode.

• mayfrogs

mayfrogs Space Hobo

I've so far encountered a couple different glitches, which I haven't seen anyone else mention:

- Sometimes when I enter a situation in which the hotbar disappears, such as heart events or town events, all of the items in my hotbar are moved down into the second row of my inventory. Not a huge deal, since i can just move them back using the 'organize inventory' button, but a little weird.
              - Often when I give gifts to Abigail (I haven't noticed it with any other NPCs, but I haven't really done much experimenting there yet so I can't confirm it's just her) it will tell me I already gave Abigail a gift today, (even if I haven't) but it will still consume the item, and if I talk to Abigail again she will give me the usual gift response dialogue. I haven't been playing this save for long enough to know if it's just with Abigail, or if it's just the specific item I've been giving her. (quartz) This one's also not a huge deal, since it still registers that I gave her a gift, but it's a bit confusing.

I just wanted to mention these, since I haven't seen anyone else mention them. If you need any more specific details, let me know. No rush on these though, they're not game-breaking or anything, mostly just a little weird. I know you guys are working really hard to fix the more serious issues. Thanks for all your hard work!

• Heruderu

Heruderu Space Hobo

I've tested this today. I had crashes when sleeping on the day of Winter 17. I had four playthroughs of this day, that I'm gonna describe next. My farm is the Mountain Farm (the one with ore in it), I'm married to Shane. Clint gives me on this day a quest to bring him an Iron Bar:

1st: I put crops from Winter Seeds on the shipping box. Sold to Willy some fish I got from a box in town that I left there a day before. Moved my Well and asked to build a Silo in its place. Brought Clint the Iron Bar and asked to upgrade my Axe to Gold. Fished before going to bed at 11pm with my tools in my bag. Crashed before tally screen.

2nd: I put crops from Winter Seeds and the fish from the box in town on the shipping box. Moved my Well and asked to build a Silo in its place. Brought Clint the Iron Bar and asked to upgrade my Watering Can to Gold. Fished before going to bed at 10pm after putting my tools in a box and slept with empty bags. Crashed before tally screen.

3rd: I put crops from Winter Seeds on the shipping box. Left the fish in the box in town untouched. Moved my Well and asked to build a Silo in its place. Brought Clint the Iron Bar and asked to upgrade my Watering Can to Gold. Used my Axe to get more than 400 of lumber and went to bed around 9pm after putting my tools in a box and slept with empty bags. Crashed before tally screen.

4th: I put crops from Winter Seeds on the shipping box. Sold to Willy some fish I got from a box in town that I left there a day before. Moved my Well and asked to build a Silo in its place. Did not talk to Clint this day. Used my Axe to get more than 400 of lumber and went to bed around 7pm with my tools in my bag. DID NOT CRASH, GOT TO WINTER 18.

After that, I thought that it's probably because of upgrading tools as I read here. So, the next day, I went at 9am to Clint and dropped my Watering Can to upgrade to Gold WITHOUT giving him the Iron Bar for the quest. Went to sleep right after that, without shipping anything. Crashed before tally screen (or, crashed right after confirming that I wanted to sleep, as there would be no tallying screen because I didn't ship anything). So, I guess I can't upgrade my Watering Can or my Axe to Gold. IMPORTANT THING: I upgraded my Pickaxe to Gold in Fall without crashing, but apparently it's impossible for me to upgrade Axe or Watering Can. I'm gonna try again with the Hoe.

I hope this is helpful.

EDIT: In Day 18 of Winter, Year 1, as I said before, I tried to upgrade the Watering Can to Gold and the game crashed before the tally screen. After writing this, I tried upgrading the Axe and going straight to bed with some items shipped. It crashed. Thenm I tried upgrading the Hoe to Steel and straight to bed. Crashed again. In both days, 17 and 18, it is snowing. I wonder if there is any relation. I'm gonna make further tests later. For now, can't upgrade my tools :/

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
                • madeline89

madeline89 Aquatic Astronaut

----------
                  I've been playing in handheld mode

Day X (I don't remember the exact ingame date)
                  Crash 1- Care for animals, go thru mush cave, ship all that, go to town and upgrade gold watering can, mines then ship that, sleep then crash before tally
                  Crash 2 - Same as above but no mines...
                  Try 3 - do everything I usually do but not upgrade ... saves normally
                  Days X to winter veil- I do everything but upgrade and everything is normal
                  No here's where I test more
                  Winter 26- Only upgrade my gold watering can and go straight to bed all goes well
                  Winter 27 - normal day - no crash
                  Winter 28- normal day and I pick up tool - no crash
                  Spring 1 - normal
                  Spring 2 - Normal day but I upgraded my hoe to copper. No crash. And I shipped things

This is all I can do for now I can send any screenshots of my file or try some more testing done later if you all need it :)

• Dgray

Dgray Space Hobo

Day 2, Winter, Year 1
                    • Gathered 4 eggs
                    • Gathered 4 milks
                    • Gathered 2 cheese
                    • Put 2 milk into cheese press
                    • Put two eggs into mayonnaise machine
                    • Did NOT put anything into box to ship
                    • Went to bed at 9:40AM
                    • No crash

Day 3
                    • Gathered 4 milks
                    • Gathered 2 cheese
                    • Gathered 5 jams
                    • Put 5 cranberries into preserves jar
                    • Placed 5 jams, 4 milk, 4 eggs, 5 cheese and 3 mayonnaise into the box to be shipped out
                    • Went to bed at 8:40AM
                    • No crash
                    Day 4
                    • Gathered 4 milks
                    • Gathered 2 cheese
                    • Went to mines, got to lvl 80
                    • Put the following into box to be shipped:winter root,solar essence, amethyst,
                    • Went to bed at 6:10pm
                    • No crash
                    Day 5
                    • Crafted a furnace
                    • Made some iron bars to upgrade watering can
                    • Gathered milk, cheese, eggs
                    • Gave watering can to be upgraded
                    • Went to sleep at 1:00pm
                    • No crash
                    Day 6
                    • Cooked 5 omelets
                    • Put jam, cheese and mayonnaise into box to ship
                    • Gathered milk, eggs, mayonnaise
                    • Went to bed at 10AM
                    • Game CRASHED before tally screen
                    I think it was cooking the omelets that did it.

• ktwo

ktwo Space Hobo

I did some test with the "Crash when saving/sleeping" problem,hope it can help.

1.Not Crash-day 12th autumn in year 1-no tools in upgrade:
                      • harvested corn, grapes, eggplant and water them
                      • collected a bottle of wine and put a grape in a wine keg
                      • milking cows and picking up eggs,after that I pet and feed my cow&chicken&cat
                      • collected mushrooms
                      • picked up some wild berries on the way to town
                      • took back 8 crab cages at the seaside, put them back in my lake, and placed the bait
                      • before I sleep,sell the corn,grapes.eggplant
                      2.Crash-day 13th autumn in year 1-no tools in upgrade:
                      • water my corn,grapes,eggplant
                      • harvested wild berries
                      • milking cows,after that I pet and feed my cow&chicken&cat
                      • checked my 8 crab pots and replaced their bait
                      • bought 10 gold in Blacksmith
                      • make 2 iron ingot,2 gold ingot,1 copper ingot with furnace
                      • make 1 refining quartz with garbage collection bins
                      • make 2 mayonnaise
                      • caught 5 fish and an ancient fan
                      • before I sleep,sell some items
                      3.Not Crash-day 13th autumn in year 1-no tools in upgrade:
                      • water my corn,grapes,eggplant
                      • milking cows,after that I pet and my cow&chicken&cat
                      • checked my 8 crab pots and replaced their bait
                      • caught 8 fish
                      • before I sleep,sell some items
                      That's my situation,I think maybe the problem is the production of minerals?
                      Hope my test can be helpful~

• ktwo

ktwo Space Hobo

all game crashed is before tally screen

• Aeladya

Aeladya Star Wrangler

Okay I think I figured out what might be causing the crashing, or at least helped narrow it down. My game seems to crash whenever I pick up/drop off a tool with Clint and then cook on the same day. When I only do one or the other the game saves as normal. Hopefully I didn’t get super lucky, but it seems to be pretty consistent now that I think about it.

• wallegee3

wallegee3 Intergalactic Tourist

"Can't drop items with controller-style menu enabled"
                            I dont know what this exactly means but, i couldnt drop items on bundles in the community center with more than 3 spaces.
                            I disabled controller-style menu and it worked yeah like said but i realized that if you push the stick to the right instead of down you can drop the items. Dont know if this is a bug, but it seems to work while Controller style is enabled.
                            I could test this on other switches too

• kamealex

kamealex Space Hobo

Softlock while playing the Prairie King in the arcade. No need to press "-" or whatever. It just softlocks.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

"Nintendo Switch Error 2168-0002

I've gotten this error twice. Google tells me it has to do with internet connectivity failing. Both times I was not connected to the internet.

It also shows this:

(X1) (my switch serial number here)

(X2) 3.0.2 (my switch software version)

Are the developers aware of this issue? If not, how can I make them aware?

I believe it's installed on an SD card. How would I check if it installed to main memory or card? I do have a card in there.

It happens randomly. You'll just be walking along, then black screen, and you have to press the power button to reset the switch. Its not consistant."

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/75yvil/nintendo_switch_error_21680002/

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Kieto

Kieto Space Hobo

Yes tried my theory and it happened in docked too.
                                  I smeltered some iron and got some mining items via fishing. So maybe this whole mining thing is true.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff