1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Switch Version - Crash when sleeping

Discussion in 'Support' started by allan-god, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allan-god

allan-god Yeah, You!

This is first started on the 10th day of winter when I went to upgrade my pickaxe to copper. After that I went to sleep and it crashed. Did the day again and same thing happened. I checked online and saw there was a problem with winter previously so I went through winter and in Spring it's still crashing when I go to sleep after trying to upgrade my tools. I previously was able to upgrade my axe and watering can but now Im stuck with basic tools until the end of the game.

MOD EDIT: Going to direct players over to this thread which is reporting the same issue. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
    • Bangkaboom

Bangkaboom Yeah, You!

Have the same thing happen when upgrading my axe to copper, day 14 of fall. Tried to see if anything else was causing it so the only thing I did during the day was upgrade my axe then go back to sleep, game immediately crashes.

• allan-god

allan-god Yeah, You!

Was this in the first year? To test if it had anything to do with winter, which I thought might have something to do with it given other posts I've found, I decided to start again on a different save and am now working to try and upgrade all tools before the end of fall. Hopefully if I get them all upgraded quickly it won't crash when I try and upgrade them again in the 2nd year. Otherwise I'll just have to wait for a fix to the bug because I need the tools upgraded to be able to destroy specific logs/rocks so I can move forward.

Update: so in my second save I managed to update all 4 tools to copper by the end of the first spring. Hopefully I don't have any crashes when I need to upgrade the tools to the next level.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
        • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Pandabear87

Pandabear87 Space Hobo

My game is crashing when trying to upgrade my pickaxe to copper fall 1st year. I already have copper can and copper axe. It only happens if I drop my pickaxe off at the blacksmith and go to sleep. If I still have my pickaxe when I go to bed the game proceeds to the next day.

• allan-god

allan-god Yeah, You!

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to me in the first save, but a season earlier. Didn't matter which tool I gave to the blacksmith though, it crashed on both the ones I had left to upgrade to copper.

It could be something to do with the blacksmith. Another thing I've noticed about the blacksmith is that if I have a quest for him he always takes the item as a gift and I have to just cancel the quest as there's no way to complete it. Could be unrelated though.

• Bagszi

Bagszi Aquatic Astronaut

Hi! I also got tis bug. In my case I was mining all day, i reach 85 and went to bed at 1:30 AM. The axe is copper, the pickaxe is iron, both have been upgraded days ago, no other tool at the blasmith. I suspected a bugged quest I have, where the wizard ask me to kill 0 of a monster and offers 0 reward. Also I think Linus stuck at the side of the SPA and sometimes the sword swinging animation broke. I don't know if anything has to do with the sleep crash bug.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Would you be able to send me a screenshot of Linus stuck at the side of the spa, and a video of the sword animation? If it's related it could be significant. Cheers

Pandabear87 likes this.
                • Bangkaboom

Bangkaboom Yeah, You!

I tried upgrading other tools as well and it appears it crashes the game after I sleep no matter what I try to upgrade.

• Bagszi

Bagszi Aquatic Astronaut

Currently the only solution was to go sleep with an an empy inventory.

Typhoon likes this.
                    • Simtoe

Simtoe Space Hobo

Currently experiencing very similar issue, not only with attempting to get tools upgraded, but also trying to store tools in chest at house. In winter year 2 but was having issue in fall year 2 as well. Haven't fully explored which tools cause the crash but I know that depositing the Axe (mine is currently steel), Hoe (currently steel) or watering can (copper) into chests or trying to get the Hoe upgraded causes a crash upon sleeping. Also just tried with depositing the pick axe into a chest and then sleeping which caused a crash, then depositing the sickle then sleeping and that caused a crash again. DOES NOT affect any swords, fishing rods, or the milkpail or the shears. Only depositing the original 5 tools (including all 5 at the same time) or having one of the 5 upgraded causes the crash. Having all tools deposited and sleeping with an empty inventory causes a crash and sleeping with the original tools deposited and one being upgraded also causes the game to crash upon sleep. Hope this helps.

• skippyynot

skippyynot Space Hobo

Also experiencing the crash while saving
                        issue. I am trying to upgrade my pickaxe from steel to gold on Fall 7th of year one, when it crashes.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

I agree - it's best to keep things in one thread for players and the developers reviewing.

Can't merge this thread though, but I can close it and direct players there. I'll update the OP to direct to the other thread.

Typhoon likes this.
                          Thread Status:
                          Not open for further replies.