1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Switch save time

Discussion in 'Support' started by Xilo, Oct 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Xilo

Xilo Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm just curious what the limitation on the save time it takes between days is all about? the initial one being long as it was also seems a tad excessive but its understandable. is there something hardware or software related that is limiting just how fast a save file can be created/updated? could just be me and being spoiled having stardew on PC, on a SSD with a 10gb/s read/write speed lol.

• Aeladya

Aeladya Star Wrangler

I believe it is done on purpose. The other console versions had a massive game breaking bug that corrupted save files so they made the game save twice just in case so that if one save file corrupted the whole save wouldn’t be lost and they could use the other file as they were unable to completely fix the problem. From what I hear they are doing this on the Switch as well, although I could be wrong.

• Xilo

Xilo Subatomic Cosmonaut

ah thats a sound move then, hopefully they can reduce the corruption rate, or speed up save times xP.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Save times are apparently much faster on the PS4, presumably because it has a faster CPU?