1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Switch version - assorted bugs (including audio crackle)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Typhoon, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Was just watching N_Squared on Twitch playing the Switch version (he has a review code) - two bugs cropped up:

- static/crackling suddenly started on the left channel about 3 game hours into Day 8 - so he quit the game, tried Golf Story (that was fine) and went back into Stardew and the sound was then fine

- in the mines, one of the Rock Crabs was walking around with its 'shadow', kind of looked like it was carrying a hole

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

From looking at the Switch Reddit some other people are also reporting the audio crackling bug.

Can we have an acknowledgement of this from the devs please? A quick fix would be nice too. :)

Thanks

• mollygos

mollygos Former Staff

Hey! Thanks for the report. I'm hearing some other reports of this - it seems like exiting the application and restarting fixes the issue. I'm not clear yet on whether people have started experiencing the audio crackling again after restarting.

We're aware of the reports though, and are looking into it!

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Thanks for the update Molly! :D

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Could anyone who's had the audio crackle please detail the steps they followed as best they can remember before seeing it happen?

We're working on successfully reproducing it on our side - thanks!

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Have just seen this post on Reddit, hope it help you folks fix the bug -

'Here's an example of the crackle bug happening:

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/179669541?t=03h00m50s

watch the above and it starts after 2 or 3 seconds on the left sound channel'

• Katzeus

Saw that one - thank you!

• Chickenlips77

Chickenlips77 Space Hobo

After playing in hand held and shutting down the game I restarted whilst docked. On startup at the farm there were no issues and as I moved to the town square there was faint intermittent crackling on left audio. As I moved to the beach the crackling became constant and louder. As I moved back to the farm it became quiet again. Restart has fixed issue.

Absolutely love the game though.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
                    Typhoon and Katzeus like this.
                  • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Thought I'd update this thread with bugs that I'm seeing mentioned on the Stardew Valley and Switch subreddits, here goes:

"While creating a new character and using the colour slider, the frame rate drops of the moving cloud background."

- "I have a query, in the Journey of the Prairie King minigame are the ABXY buttons supposed to be mapped to the direction you shoot?
                    Because Y and X fire left and up respectively, but A and B seem inversed which makes it slightly confusing. (A shoots down and B shoots right). I'm not sure if this is how it was on other platforms so I'm just wondering."

(another poster mentions this too).

I've also noticed it and it is indeed a problem.

- Also, some people think the very long progress save times are a bug.

Edit: A lot of people aren't happy about the long save time!

Katzeus likes this.
                    • Katzeus

@tccoxon posted on reddit about this one.

Typhoon likes this.
                      • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

The audio crackle, when it happens, fades out as you move from the town square but you can still hear it a little at times in other areas unless you restart the game. I think it's based on how much is going on in the area so it's worse around and inside buildings but in the wild it only crops up when audio effects are playing such as chopping down trees. Go into a house (even a remote one) and it'll start up again.

A restart seems to fix it completely but it still randomly occurs, sometimes not for a number of in-game days though.

• Ravenanime

Ravenanime Space Hobo

i also have the same audio problem as well and i when i do restart it does fixes it for a while but seems to happen every few days

Typhoon likes this.
                          • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

and:

"I think I've encountered a glitch/bug in the museum/library. When I look around to place a donated object the UI in the top right goes behind the grid. Here's a picture: https://i.imgur.com/HWJVuir.jpg

Also something else: when donating an object, I think it would be really uesful if when moving the cursor to the bottom of the screen the inventory box would shift to the top (like the inventory bar does when your character is walking around on the screen) - this would help pick tiles obscured by the inventory box without having to manoeuvre the camera to the side."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...stardew_valley_bug_report_megathread/dny9vpg/

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Katzeus

Thanks for continuing to gather these @Typhoon. Would you mind linking the source posts in case we need to reach out directly to any of these players for more details?

Typhoon likes this.