Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amburr

Amburr Phantasmal Quasar

Is there some way I can make grass spawn and continue to respawn daily in certain areas?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

There is, but it would require a SMAPI mod to do it.

• Mylestone

Mylestone Subatomic Cosmonaut

Does anyone know exactly what one has to do to implement additional Hardwood Stumps/Casks or how to add a water source? I've tried the command for the water source outlined in this post but so far all I do is try to fill up the troughs.

• Suvo05

Suvo05 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey so I'm currently working on my first map and I'm having a few issues trying to get rid of these plants. They're located in the paths layer and removing them doesn't remove them from in game, I've tried replacing them with other tiles from the paths tile sheet such as rocks or logs. I've even tried covering them up with a transparent tile but that didn't work either. I'm trying to make grand pappy proud of the farm he left for me but these darn bushes aren't helping achieve my dream. So either advice on how to remove these things or a whipper snipper would be greatly appreciated.
          [​IMG]

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

You need to remove those bushes that you don't want with Tiled, install Entoarox Framewrok and type ef_bushreset into the console when you start your save file! You will probably get a red warning code after you enter the code, but it should work nonetheless! Don't forget to save your day, or else you'll have to do this again!

You still see the bushes because you are playing in a save file that you've already started with the map with those bushes still in. If you were to start a new save with the map that doesn't have those bushes, they would not appear at the start of the game!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
              Suvo05 likes this.
            • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

!!!! So glad I stumbled on this fix!

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

So, I'm trying to do mods for myself to add more berry bushes to maps, open up some areas where forage items will spawn, and trying to change the trees in town to be choppable. I'm haveing some areas that I can't walk on, despite there being nothing in that spot. Also, the trees I've added aren't showing. Using 'ef_bushreset' made the bushes show up, but not trees.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
                • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

The trees take some time to show up, they need to grow! It would only be an instant growth if you started a new save with this new edited map!
                  As for the areas that appear to have nothing and that you can't cross, you should check those tiles in your map editing program, Tiled or tIDE, because sometimes there is an invisible tile added in the buildings layer! That tile will be added in the map and, of course, you won't be able to cross it! Erase those invisible tiles and it'll be fixed :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
                  • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

ah, I'm seeing that I can kinda select blank tiles and delete, and then I can walk there. Fun fun

• Mylestone

Mylestone Subatomic Cosmonaut

Those blank tiles aren't actually blank, they're transparent stopper tiles that prevent movement.

For the tree's, try sleeping for a night after the original map has been replaced with the edited map. I noticed when making my expanded woods map that the hardwood stumps didn't spawn until I slept/saved for at least one night (allowing the edits to be included in the save, where there was no edited save data in a pre-edited map save file)

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

so, I added a couple of warps in between maps, like the east edge of the beach to the path below Leah's house. No idea what's causing this, but I'm having some NPCs try to take this path, and then not appear on the other map. I've tried adding "NPCBarrier T" as properties to the tiles, but that either doesn't make a difference, or the NPC just wanders off and stands somewhere.

For example, on a Sat in Winter, Elliot should leave his home and go up to town and go to the Library. Instead, he started going to the beach warp to the forest. One time he actually made it through, and continues to town via the busstop map. Now after I added the NPCBarrier, he just wanters down to the beach straight below his house and stands there all evening.

Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong/not done yet?
                        Here's my mod if you need to see: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1504

• zanderb22

zanderb22 Title Not Found

Anyone know why my map becomes black at 156 tiles vertically ? I thought the max size was 200x200

• joven121212

joven121212 Void-Bound Voyager

so i want to make a new "farm area" and a new room but i dont understand how to make it so i go to it when i walk over a tile and how to make a new tBIN without a thing to remove all tiles and then remaking something i get other things but this and i cant find any videos that are good

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

I've never made a new map myself, but I've done a few warps.... you want to go to the top menu bar and choose Map-Properties. The left column is "Warp" and the right hand column should have "startcoord zonedestiation endcoord" for example "15 24 Greenhouse 124 35" - means that tile 15,24 in the current map will warp you to tile 124,35 of the Greenhouse map.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Are you seeing the same thing I am? I just made the desert bigger, added some at the bottom. The map should stop at the bottom of those cliff tiles, but there's black below.

Edit - WHOOPS a bit of a derp on my end, and maybe all it is for you to! when resizing my map, I added 20 tiles onto the bottom of the map (gonig from 50x60 to 50x80). The bottom of the cliff at the bottom of my map ends at 50x70, the rest of course, shows up black. Afteer changing my map to 50x70, no more black stuff!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
                                • Midnyght

Midnyght Orbital Explorer

Hey everyone, I'm practicing map modding by making areas accessible and I want to make the cliffs climbable, is there a tile for that already somewhere?

Edit: found them, completely forgot what the stairs that lead to the sewer drain looked like!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
                                  • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Take a look at my mod here. You can add the ladder tilesheet to a map, and then you edit the tile properties to make them "passable" so you can walk on them.

• joven121212

joven121212 Void-Bound Voyager

thanks for the example i got the wapring but it crashes when i go to it lol :nurutease:

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Ok, SOS here... I have no idea what has changed between the 14th and today, but I cannot get either xnbnode or xnbkit to pack my town map files.
                                        Even the exact file that I edited on the 14th now cannot be re-packed, even with 0 changes to it! what the heck is going on?

Attached Files:

• Tinybillow

Tinybillow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can someone point me in the direction of where edits can be made to change the click warp on say, the barn, or the coop, shed, etc. I see, for instance where the click warp is on the greenhouse, because its already on the map, but I want to edit some of the craft-able buildings, and I want to move doors. Where are those located?

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.