RELEASED Teh's Fishing Overhaul

Discussion in 'Mods' started by TehPers, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Gnarly Jaspian

Gnarly Jaspian Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks Teh! Appreciate the response.

• Federama

Federama Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome mod..!! But i feel like is not really rewarded trying to achieve high perfect streaks.. A really good thing would be like, every Perfect gives you a "x" base amount of extra exp, and every succesfully Perfect Combo gives you x^2 extra exp.. Lets say, a base 2 extra exp for a single perfect, and for comboing will be 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 and can be cap. here, so extra combos only will give 128 + the base vanilla exp.
      This would be perfect for ppl who play with Prestiege mod.

xangria likes this.
      • Flumme

Flumme Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello,

how can I install the German translation please?

• TehPers

TehPers Void-Bound Voyager

It should come with the mod. Make sure you have the latest version, and switch your game's language to German.

That's a cool idea! If I had time to actually work on this mod, I'd probably implement it. Hopefully soon I'll have more free time, but honestly with the load I'm going to be taking at school, I don't know how likely that is.

Federama and Flumme like this.
          • Flumme

Flumme Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks a lot. :) Great mod - works really fine, even in german. :cathug:

TehPers likes this.
            • hopieluff

hopieluff Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi! I keep getting this message while playing:
              [22:07:52 WARN Teh's Fishing Overhaul] No valid fish to catch! Using original fish instead.

Is this an issue?

• TehPers

It just means no fish were found in that area. Are you fishing on your farm? If so, that's a known bug, but it shouldn't affect gameplay at all. If that's happening outside the farm, delete your fish.json file (in the mod folder) and restart the game.

• FlowingSong

FlowingSong Void-Bound Voyager

Hi!
                  Thank you for this wonderful mod!
                  eto fs isn't very good with codes and stuff so FS has a question regarding fish.json or config.json what to catch.
                  ano, is there a way to reduce the chance of getting trash/garbage item? etoo fs has been trying to figure out if fs needs to edit some line in fish or config.json for that but fs can't seem to figure it out ne. Thanks in advance!

• crymblade

crymblade Void-Bound Voyager

There isn't any in the current version's config. Chance of trash is based on luck, so fishing on a lucky day and possibly luck boosting food should help. Try the vanilla wiki.

Also, third person doesn't work when you're also using foreign phonetics that aren't even real words. At least capitalize your acronym so we know it's a name and not literally fsss.

TehPers likes this.
                    • FlowingSong

Oh so fishing is based on luck!
                      FS understands! thanks!

• TehPers

There is no setting for how likely you are to get trash. Sorry about that. It'd be incredibly difficult with the way fishing is currently coded.

• FlowingSong

It's okay! FS was just wondering if that was possible since this girl gets nothing but trash whenever fishing during the night. That super cucumber is so super elusive!
                          *sighs*
                          but thank you very much for this wonderful mod!!

TehPers likes this.
                          • Tinybillow

Tinybillow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just wanted to mention I caught a halibut at night, but it wasn't listed on your fish list of "what can be caught now".

• Tinybillow

Tinybillow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I also can wanted to let the modder know that I had trouble with with getting the Angler fish to appear, in the vanilla fishing spot and otherwise. Uninstalled the mod, caught it same day.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                              • Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

A whole day trying to get lava eel and only got 3 ghostfish. As far as I knew those didn't even spawn in lava! This is actually dumb.

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Ghostfish spawn in every pond in the mines (20th, 60th and 100th floors).

• Evantree Farms

Evantree Farms Void-Bound Voyager

I am terrible at fishing! I installed this mod and it has helped some, thank you! So far have encountered no issues with it.

TehPers likes this.
                                    • TehPers

You might want to increase the chance of lava eels in your fish.json file then. I remember there being an issue where lava eels had an incredibly low chance of appearing, but I can't remember if the current version has the fix for that or not. Regardless, modifying the config should resolve that.

Ichimatsu likes this.
                                      • Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

I completely missed the "Complete control over which fish you will find" part on your first post. Thanks for pointing that out!

TehPers likes this.
                                        • Kaito9x

Kaito9x Space Hobo

Oops. :(
                                          Plz update mod for 1.3.25. :lickitung:
                                          [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018