Community Show off your farm!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mollygos, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Really? Haha, I'm just surprised because although I'm attached to it, it's far from perfect and wasn't really planned out. But thanks. :)

A few of the decorative tiles won't stop disappearing, but this is basically it.

Tobi.L.Sky likes this.
    • staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

Small amount of progress on Lillian's farm. I don't really know what to do next, I'm kind of stuck. :/

EDIT: Added in my other save for my farmer Sade because I like posting screenshots but I don't wanna spam the thread. :p

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
      • dreas94

dreas94 Void-Bound Voyager

Whats not perfect about it?

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well the main thing is that with the placement of the barn and coop, grass won't spread, so my animals have to eat hay from the silo and it gets expensive. The grass to the left of the buildings isn't enough to feed them all. This was my first farm and I didn't know how grass works when I put those buildings down, but I don't want to move them now because I'm used to the layout.

If I were starting from the beginning, I would probably put the barn and coop in the southwest so they could have a big pasture with lots of grass.

The slime hutch is also taking up space where crops can grow and I lost one hardwood stump to the shed/path. This is very late game, so I don't care much about efficient land use anymore, but it could be harder starting out since the forest has limited crop space. I guess it depends on how much you want to plant vs. doing other stuff.

• Marmotjmarmot

Marmotjmarmot Space Hobo

Wow. I wish I would have thought to look for something like this before. While it's kinda cool to 'wing' it, I sure could have done things differently.

• sari90

sari90 Void-Bound Voyager

Your farms look pretty! May I ask where did you get those maps?

• staarfruit

They're all linked in my mods list, which I have a link to in my signature, but here you go: Ali's Flower Farm and White Water Farm

fadedwaif and mari3000 like this.
                • sari90

Thank you! Also, I can't see signatures for some reason, so I wasn't able to see your list.

staarfruit likes this.
                  • Seajun_

Seajun_ Heliosphere

Ah, to enable signatures, you have to hover over your name towards the top of the page, then click Preferences. In that menu, there should be a section that says options, and then in that section, there'll be a checkbox to enable signatures.

• sari90

Thank you for the tip! I can see them now!

Seajun_ likes this.
                      • R Chen

R Chen Seal Broken

Nice farms everyone, I certainly need to step it up asap.

• staarfruit

Hey look! I'm posting another save because I got bored and started a cheaty chaos save to entertain myself while waiting to be able to access my normal computer again! lol. I'm starting to hatch slimes in town and everything! Of course this would never be possible without the CJB spawner and cheat menus seeing as this save is actually still in spring year 1. :p

I might try to recreate this save without cheating when I'm able to get back to my normal computer because this farmer Keeley is cute and I think I like the farm layout too, I haven't decided yet though...

[​IMG]
                          [​IMG]
                          [​IMG]
                          [​IMG]

Pressouu, Tobi.L.Sky, eemie and 2 others like this.
                          • Chefpief

Chefpief Subatomic Cosmonaut

Tobi.L.Sky likes this.
                          • Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

The forest / foraging map is my favourite so far. You get all the forage loot and easy accessible hard wood on top off a beautiful farm. Seeing your use of space, you shouldn't notice that you have less space than on the standard layout.
                            One hint: you can remove "permanent" bushes from the grass areas with the copper axe or a better one.

• Chefpief

Chefpief Subatomic Cosmonaut

I intend to put in some more buildings, and am keeping a good bit of space clear to prep for the multiplayer, since it's going to add constructible homes for your friends. I have a mod that adds a basement accessed via your bedroom where I keep a lot of storage, and the shed is where I've got all of my kegs n stuff so far instead of keeping it all outside. The area south of the chickens I plan to plant a forest for tappers while using the other corner just for lumber. I do think it's time to start on a different map though, so forest is probably what I'm gonna go with.

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

Don't leave some space unused because of the multiplayer. The devs said that you have to start a new farm for a multiplayer game. The farmhand homes, in which your friends will live, are constructed when Robin asks you on day one, if and how many people will work on that farm.
                                The forest farm has plenty of space when you put your buildings on the green areas. You can also use the tree trunk areas for buildings. You have to chop them up, but then you can build anything there. Any blocked trunk is lost for daily hard wood, but you still have the secret forest.

• Raskel

Raskel Tentacle Wrangler

My farm <3 year 5, omw to the gold clock 4kk left <3

Attached Files:

• Ava Grey

Ava Grey Poptop Tamer

Just spent an hour reading this thread, love seeing everyone's different farm layouts and designs.

Here's my current farm Honey Tree. I wanted to keep it a lot more natural than my previous farms. I'm pretty happy with how it's going so far.

[​IMG]

• Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

Your farm is ginormous...and beautiful! I especially like the natural aspect you've maintained, while still feeling very much like a farm. c:

MrToni300 and Roskii Heiral like this.
                                      • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

I started a farm a couple days ago. I'm focusing on landscaping and decorating a lot, and plan to do a lot of farming and ranching. Currently, I'm starting with the upper right section of the farm, the trees are still growing though and I'm saving up for grass starters. Here's a picture from yesterday:
                                        [​IMG]

I took inspiration from images on tumblr such as this one. I'm not the best at path-making, so it's gonna be a challenge to complete the farm :p

Pressouu, mari3000 and staarfruit like this.