RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Midaychi

Midaychi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you using xnbloader?
    Are you using a mod that replaces character art and portraits, and how is it installed?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@mrslowly

Won't happen anytime soon, sorry mate.
      Could I ask, if not for learning yourself, why would you want to see it?

Fruit trees must be placed in tilled land, or have you tried this already?
      Not all clothing in DNPCC has a portrait for the sprite change. Most of them do, but it is occasional that you'll find some of the sprite only changes.

• KThxBye910

KThxBye910 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey RT, I noticed a couple pages back that you mentioned rewriting the MCM descriptions. I did this on my own file to make them sensible and in line with the game a few months ago. I'd be happy to share, if you want to mark one less thing to do on your never ending mod list. :)

sunlite likes this.
        • Midaychi

Midaychi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When longevity uses DNPCC and encounters an NPC that has no DNPCC files for the case situation, it defaults to vanilla content. This would not be a problem normally, but it will override XNBloader redirects for that file if you're using a replacer through XNBloader.

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Similar to what @KThxBye910 said, I edited the ObjectInformation file to make some produce edible, and I have added the crops into cooking recipes where it is needed (like Cocoa for the chocolate cake and cookies). I can share the files, but if you'd rather code yourself, I suggest tweaking some of the recipes and making the produce edible.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I appreciate it, however, I have someone who is looking to do work on their own for it.
              If not, I would probably do it, just to add information about the item's season, etc...

@sunlite

Is MCM produce not currently edible? Is this how the original MCM functioned as well?

• wall.banana.hannah

wall.banana.hannah Yeah, You!

Maybe I am just not understanding the process, but all the crops, not the vanilla ones just the ones from the mod, come up in the store as error items. I put the the MCM folder into the Content folder but I guess Im missing something here....

edit: so i replaced the files, like the ones from that data folder in the mod, they replaced the vanilla content. so the seeds show up in the store, but its just this little dark circle where the picture of it should be. it will say violet or whatever theres just no picture and if i plant it, no seed shows up

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
                • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes, the original MCM mod functioned like this as well. I made the items edible for my personal sake. I made them edible by editing this value, using pineapple as an example:

"Pineapple/83/-300/Basic -79/Pineapple/It proudly wears a crown." #!String

The -300 indicates that the item is inedible. If you replace it with a positive value x, it will make the item edible, and will restore 2.5x energy and x health, rounding up the energy if necessary. For example, if replaced with 40, it will restore 100 energy and 40 health, or replaced with 5 it would restore 13 energy and 5 health.

Did you replace the crops.xnb (located in TileSheets) and springobjects.xnb (located in Maps) files with the ones from the mod?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
                    Seismothesaurus and KThxBye910 like this.
                  • jessicajames1991

jessicajames1991 Void-Bound Voyager

hi I need help getting this mod to work right

• kittensby

kittensby Void-Bound Voyager

I can place a fruit tree in tilled land in the greenhouse, that's fine.
                      However, there's untilled land along the outer perimeter of the greenhouse's farm space (the squares right outside the wooden border) where trees are supposed to be able to be planted too. That's where I'm having issues, because that land can't be officially "tilled". Is it possible to add an exception for those spaces? If not that's okay and I understand.

• kittensby

kittensby Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not using XNBloader no. :c The only mod that replaces character art that I have is "refined Leah" but I'm not having issues with her portrait (this mod overrides that one). I think off the top of my head the only character art I don't see is Haley's during the fall (as far as I know), but apparently not all modified sprites have subsequent portrait art so it might be that.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@jessicajames1991

Join the discord for further instruction.

@kittensby

Original trees, I believe, have hardcoded properties that allow them to be placed in untilled land.
                          I won't be spending time to alter this for MCM trees, especially since the greenhouse could be overpowered with the addition of the soda mechanic.

• jessicajames1991

jessicajames1991 Void-Bound Voyager

• DerpyPenguin

DerpyPenguin Void-Bound Voyager

I just had a quick question about the tab chart and how the pricing works I guess. I opened up the tab menu to check out item prices and then checked what they sell for at Pierre's and they don't even close to match. I have like 500 sunflower seeds, the tab menu says they have a base price of 200 and with other modifiers they are at like 223 or something like that. But I did the math on what Pierre will buy the stack for and it comes out to like 117 per seed. Am I missing something on how the mechanics of this mod work?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@DerpyPenguin

Your stack of 500 seeds is taking a future diminishing return into account.

The price you see in the menu is for a single item.
                                With larger stacks, the mod will calculate diminishing returns on it.
                                This prevents the player from avoiding DR by selling large quantities all at once.

DerpyPenguin likes this.
                                • jinian

jinian Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm, I have what seems to be a bug. (Everything else works great and I'm liking it a lot!) When I try to plant sunflower seeds in late summer (I've tried on the 22nd and 23rd), the seeds will not sow, but the stack count is decremented. Other summer seeds seem to work. I tried an out-of-season seed (cauliflower), and the same thing happened. I was hoping to span the season change with those sunflowers! Any idea why this might happen and whether I can do something to fix it?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@jinian

Known issue, fix coming soon.

jinian likes this.
                                    • LumpySpace

LumpySpace Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello! I played with the mod for a while and I thought I'd share some feedback :)
                                      Overall I think you mod is fantastic and it really adds a lot to the game! I think the difficulty is well balanced and the new seeds offer new possibilities and fill out areas that vanilla didn't cater to like, say, cheap rice or cotton that you can plant in the beginning of a cycle and they then provide a base income every few days.
                                      Things I think could be improved upon:
                                      - I thought the list of crops and base prices is not super immersive. Maybe there could be a ledger of all the base prices and people can compare them themselves? Idk if that is possible but it would be nice. And also on the subject: if I arrange crops or seeds or anything under season it only shows me spring stuff, regardless of the season we are in.
                                      - I would really like it if some of the items would show up in quests that the NPCs give. Again, don't know if it's possible or if you are already planning on it but it would provide even more incentive to plant the new crops.

I haven't yet experimented with the new sodas, but I am looking very much forward to it :)

And that's it! I really think your mod keeps the game fresh. Can't wait until the NPC dialogue changes :)

• alex15m0n

alex15m0n Intergalactic Tourist

Hello... I have problem. Don't load the images and shop says "Error Item - ???".

Attached Files:

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@LumpySpace

-Thanks for the feedback. Have you had a chance to view and explore the in-game Longevity menu?

-I've got bigger plans to incorporate new crops as opposed to putting them into the relatively dull systems that vanilla offers.

@alex15m0n

This happens because you didn't overwrite the "MCM" content into your games vanilla content.
                                          Join the discord for further instruction if you need it.