Dev Blog Poptop Plushies!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 5, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

Evening, everyone! I'm excited to announce that Poptop plushies exist now, thanks to the great folks at Game-Legends!

Poptops look harmless and generally enjoy prancing around meadows while whistling sweet-sounding melodies, but they really don't like adventurers invading their personal space.

They were first designed by Starbound community member TomServo for the Monster Monster Contest all the way back in 2012, and have since become one of Starbound's most recognizable monsters! We've had requests for plushies ever since, and we're super glad they're finally a thing.

These Poptop plushies are adorable and soft and whistle when you press their left paw. It's like having a Poptop in real life, but without all of the dying!

[​IMG]

Game-Legends has also released some nice new Starbound t-shirts. Head over to their Starbound shop to check them out. :)

2. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

i don't have money, pls chucklefish D= why you want to dry my wallet even more?!

PinkieCube likes this.
  3. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Me to myself : Remember that time we decided not to throw our money away ?

No.

Same !

[​IMG]

4. Kapparoach

Kapparoach Aquatic Astronaut

All I need now... is a large Adult Poptop plushie.

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  5. Toamac

Toamac Phantasmal Quasar

YEEES i want one now

6. Mirroruniverse

Mirroruniverse Void-Bound Voyager

Awww, Floran likess Poptop plushie bessst. :nuruflirt:

7. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

The poptop looks sooooo cute c:

Tempting....

8. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

But i like all the dying for the poptop. It's to die for.

9. Esahc_

Esahc_ Cosmic Narwhal

never would have thought that one of the entries of the monster contest way back would have become something so huge. I bet they didn't think it would either.

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  10. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

I do not understand physical merchandise, since you can't use them in the game, and they often end up gathering dust in your shelves. Unlike digital goods, they are prey to the passages of time, and may break or get lost.

That's why I often recommend to accompany these things with digital goods. You buy a plushie? You get the same as a minipet in-game. You buy a sword prop? You get a code to get it in-game. You get a poster? You get it also as a decoration in-game. And so on.

That way even if your physical item disappears, you always keep the digital one.

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Bit rot, friend. How fast it happens depends on the media but it happens. And I never did find the disk with the source code to that one time I didn't fail at writing a platform game engine.

DragonsForce likes this.
  12. phantosmia

phantosmia Aquatic Astronaut

well, since you touched the subject, when are you going to implement the monsters from the Monster Contest? I remember that you only implemented those partially and there were others.

13. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

So far it seems like only some became in-game plushies which is really lame......but I guess you can count it as "added" into the game. Chucklefish didn't really specify, hehhehehe.

Poptop plushies are nice and all but they don't have variation.

*Now about a Poptop hat......*

General Nuclear and phantosmia like this.
  14. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

That actually pretty cool, but still where are the green and gray poptops in game?
    I mean there is only the blue ones and green adults but no blue or gray adults and we are even useing the green poptop as smilie here on the forum :poptop::poptop::poptop::poptop::poptop:?????

15. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Probably extinct already, that's the result of poptop hunts at the beginning of the game.

Even these plushies are probably made out of real poptops !

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  16. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Along with Poptop tongues! Where are their tongues?

Lunar_Vortex and General Nuclear like this.
  17. celade

celade Void-Bound Voyager

is too small a heart for this!

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Removed, deemed too lewd. :lickitung::nurutease: