RELEASED slightly cuter character sprites

Discussion in 'Characters' started by LumpySpace, Aug 24, 2017.

1. LumpySpace

LumpySpace Subatomic Cosmonaut

thanks for telling me, I will have a look right away. at his normal saloon days you said?

also I finished the event npcs but deleted the files on accident. I feel stupid -.-

Edit: oh yeah found it. I forgot to finish editing a sprite. He was the last character I did so I might have been tired at the time. my bad ^^'

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
      kodysun and Zalkyria like this.
    • LumpySpace

... does anybody know where the sprites of the jojo market people are?
      can't seem to find them :(

also: I uploaded a new file with fxed shane animations! yay!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
        kodysun likes this.
      • kodysun

kodysun Void-Bound Voyager

Thank for fixing Shane! At the other hand, Mayor Lewis' drinking animation (Friday nights at the saloon) is wrong haha, I guess it's the sequence. He drinks twice really fast and look to the wall and then look back to Marnie. Sorry if I'm being annoying by pointing out those things, and sorry about my english too, it's not my first language.
        Anyway, I'm enjoying your mod so far, it gives a new atmosphere to the game, more polished than vanilla sprites. Well done <3

LumpySpace likes this.
        • Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

They're in the cursors file, and also there are a few additional character sprites in there, like dancing Marnie, drunk Shane, Sebastian on his bike. The part where Pam is driving in the bus.

LumpySpace likes this.
          • LumpySpace

thank you! you are a live saver!

Zalkyria likes this.
            • Zalkyria

Hahaha no problem, I had to do myself a character replacement mod for my friend so I found certain sprites that needed changing.

• LumpySpace

You are not annoying at all! I can only fix these problems if I know about them so thanks for pointing them out :) I will have a look right away

edit: Mhhhhhh..... I looked at the files in questions but there doesn't seem to be a mistake. Maybe you can have a look for yourself, see if you can spot anything? It might be that it's just a glitch in vanilla game idk

Lewisvanilla.png Lewisedited.png

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
                • LumpySpace

• Zalkyria

It's in the cursors file, it's a thing that happens a lot when extracting the xnb, just make sure to replace the light. Believe me I freaked out the first time I did it :rofl:

LumpySpace likes this.
                  • LumpySpace

yeah thanks. I researched a bit and apparently it is the because I used an outdated xnb_node thing.
                    Zalkyria, I really appreciate your help during this <3

edit: AWW YEAH I FIXED IT!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
                      Zalkyria likes this.
                    • Zalkyria

No problem glad I could help ^^
                      I would recommend possibly later make a cursors.xnb that's compatible with this since alot of people use this mod as well http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/599/?

• LumpySpace

ah well since i'm at it I contacted the author and asked for permission to use their files. Let's see what will become of it.
                        truth be told I miss the sprite making a little bit. it was a nice evening hobby. what could come next? genderbent bachelor/ettes? Maybe update my old mod? (oh god I can't go back)

nomisupernova likes this.
                        • Zalkyria

Genderbent would be pretty neat to see actually. :)

• LumpySpace

.... don't tempt me....

Also: YEAH the mod became a hot file <3
                            I'm so happy! this was so much work and it's nice to be appreciated. (Though I cheated a little and had my husband endorse the file ;) )
                            Overall, I'm pleased that so many people download it considering the game isn't that new and there has been no major patch for a while.
                            So thank you everyone who downloaded, commented and endorsed (or lurked in anticipation), I really do appreciate it!

Edit: also added compatibility patch with new map recolour

kodysun, vonnievonne and Zalkyria like this.
                            • LumpySpace

OK someone posted a bug in their game and I have no idea how this has happened:

I'm experiencing an issue with the in-game marriage partner. My character is married to Harvey, and since I used the mod he's been missing from the game. I thought maybe his schedule had reverted, but it seems like he doesn't exist anymore :(

I checked and he appears in my game just fine. I didn't mess with any other files the pngs for the character. Any ideas?

nomisupernova likes this.
                              • SirBaconGaming

SirBaconGaming Void-Bound Voyager

Doesn't Work with SMAPI