1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Smart Tubes 1.2.5

The smart way to transfer items around in Starbound

1. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I found this screen by accident, while doing something else (smelting up some ore).
    I'm guessing that this is the construction interface for crafting smart tubes?

But there's nothing to craft, nothing to do.
    Maybe some time later I'll accidentally stumble across recipes or something that activates the mod;
    something beyond, you know, installing the mod.
    [​IMG]

I found this screen while playing Frackin' Universe mod, and intending to use the FU mod.
    Guess what? I made things with the Frackin' Universe mod.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  2. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

@nickc01 are you still maintaining this? This mod is terribly helpful for automation, but also seems to be falling victim to API changes (i.e. facades don't work anymore). Any hope for updates?

DraikNova likes this.
  3. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

No reason to be so snide. Upgrade the Primitive Furnace and gather large quantities of Titanium. You'll need lots of it.

4. nickc01

nickc01 Phantasmal Quasar

Hey guys, sorry for the long hiatus period, I've been pretty busy with other stuff. I eventually want to start remaintaining the mod again and redoing a lot of the internal workings to make a better implementation. I plan to get back to work on it soon.

jje64 and DraikNova like this.
  5. Griffin224

Griffin224 Orbital Explorer

OK, So I am having quite a few issues... If i try to hook more than 4 extraction tubes up to any one insertion tube the whole system stops dead. Either with wired or wireless. Even when I comepletely modify my system to make it dumps from four into one in chains it likes to dump stuff onto the ground, especially when inputting into a startech console.

6. nickc01

Alright, I'm almost ready to upload a new update. This contains a few new features, and it also is a massive code update, so hopefully, this won't cause any problems when upgrading.

DraikNova likes this.
  7. nickc01

nickc01 updated Smart Tubes with a new update entry:

Massive Code Upgrade

Read the rest of this update entry...

DraikNova likes this.
  8. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

You seem to be the only non-Frackin Universe-exclusive modder out there making an item transport system (not counting Startech, since that's more of an item accessing system), so an update to this is nice to see. I might finally get to automate my mass farming system.

9. nickc01

Crafting Update

AngleWyrm and DraikNova like this.
  10. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Would it be possible to add some sort of water spout to this (and maybe the inverse, a drain that collects the liquid it drains)? So far, that's the only thing that Steambound reloaded (the other, less functional item transport mod out there) has that this mod lacks.

11. Lapideus

Lapideus Void-Bound Voyager

There seems to be an error with IO conduits. When I try to have one transfer an item to itself, from one side to another, it just stops working. It extracts one of the item, but then it freezes -- I can no longer interact with that conduit, and the item is lost.

12. nickc01

Thanks for letting me know, an update will be released soon to address this

13. Rosethorns

Rosethorns Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The conduit bender seems to only produce a 2x2 Down/Right turn regardless of what setting you choose.

14. Rosethorns

Extraction is not respecting Insert IDs, It will act as if "Insert IDs" is set to any

15. nickc01

Found the issue and a fix should be in an update soon

I think I found what's causing this, but if the problem still persists after the update, let me know.

16. nickc01

Bug Fixes

17. Rosethorns

just dropping by to confirm the latest update fixed both Insert Id's and the bender. Thank you so much :)

18. nickc01

Yes, that will work, just make sure that the itemname is lowercased, like "liquidwater". The item name is case-sensitive.

As for "all other stuff" in filter 2, there are two ways you can specify it. Either you can specify all the IDs explicitly, like "1,2,3,4,...etc", or you can specify it in terms of the IDs for the liquids, like: "any,^water,^poison,...etc", meaning, it will transport anything not a liquid to all IDs except the IDs for the liquids.

Another thing you could do is with the Item Name in Filter 2. Instead of specifying all the possible liquid names, you could use "any, ^#liquid". Since all Liquid Items share a common type of "liquid", we can filter out all the items that are of the type "liquid" by using the # operator.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  19. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The hash tag #liquid seems very useful; is there a list of the catalog of such hashtags?

Also, a minor issue when this mod is combined with the RPG mod: The RPG mod creates stacks of experience point orbs that can be thousands of items, one per XP.

Could there be an option to transfer stacks instead of items?

20. nickc01

All The Types I could find are these:
    • liquid
    • material
    • object
    • miningtool
    • flashlight
    • harvestingtool
    • tillingtool
    • consumable
    • blueprint
    • codex
    • instrument
    • thrownitem
    • unlockitem
    • activeitem
    • Any items that don't fall into the above Types will be generic
    I found these at the bottom of the player.config file.

Hmm, I'll see what I can do to fix the issue.

Another thing you could try is using the & operator, like "&seed", which means that it will select any items with names that contain the word "seed" in it.

Good idea, I'll see if I can work it into the next update.

AngleWyrm likes this.