Emily Fanboys(girls) Cottage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GabeOneThrust, Aug 29, 2017.

1. GabeOneThrust

GabeOneThrust Void-Bound Voyager

Just the place where you can meet and talk with your fellow Emily Fanboys or Fangirlsly.
    For Example:What made you pick Emily,full story if you can.
    What made her interesting for me at first was how nice she was to you right off the bat and that silky blue hair(Don't lie,you love that hair).Later I learned she wasn't marriageable,which like a kid who wants a cookie from the forbidden Cookie Jar,I spent my days married to Leah,a woman which I realized I didn't truly love(I love you Leah fans,no offense) and when I learned she was gonna be a Bachelorette,you know what I did?...VICTORY DANCE!
    And that my dudes and dudettes is the story of my story with Emily...That was poorly worded,MY STORY OF AN EPIC QUEST FOR LUUUUVVVVVV.better.
    Emily.png

MasterYoba likes this.
    • WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

I believe that she is the least popular character in the list (along with Maru), but I would love to know why people choose her, since I tend to find her a bit weird.

• GabeOneThrust

I like her because she is unique,heck everyone's unique.When you think why Emily is liked,think about Shane.Everybody likes Shane because he has a tragic backstory and in the end sets his life straight realizing he was wrong all along cutting himself away from people.People like that about him.
        Now for Emily,she is the most positive,energetic and 'weird' person you will find in Stardew Valley,some people just like that(+the blue hair).Emily is mature yet childish at the same time if that makes any sense.She is mature enough to work and sustain herself and Haley even though Haley barely does anything at all to help(if you don't change her that is) yet Emily still loves Haley and doesn't resent her or their parents for leaving,that's what makes her mature.For the childish part,she's a maniac dancer sometimes,always positive and barely complains about her job and still works even after she gets married to a rich farmer.She greets everyone with a smile and loves colourful things,that's what makes her have that charming childishness.Hoo boy was that a long paragraph.All in all it depends on the person,if you don't like her,everybody in this community respects that.Everyone sees a character differently and each and every one of you has unique(holy moly unique got used a lot) taste.Hope it helped!

MasterYoba likes this.
        • WilliamZ

I think that she suffer from bad events, I spoiled myself with her events and most of them are kinda... lame... Emily don't have any touching scene with the farmer, kinda like Penny, but at least Penny 10 heart scene is cool. I don't know how you end up being her boyfriend after the 8 heart scene, nothing points that she have a interest in the farmer.

Harley gets better if you spend some time with her, I never considered marry Harley until I saw the "pig ride event", but

I like of Emily but I always think of her like a friend, I used to cheer up for Clint but the guy is very gloom, she would end up with Shane anyways.

• GabeOneThrust

Like I said,everybody is entitled to their own stuff.I like Clint,but he'd never have gone anywhere in his relationship with Emily #friendzoned

MasterYoba and WilliamZ like this.
            • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

I like Emily, but I don't feel like she's a particularly strong character. She's more of a blank slate with some unrelated odd habits.

• Powerwing Amber

Powerwing Amber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Emily's my favorite female character too! It surprised me, since before she became datable, she just seemed like an uninteresting NPC. After seeing her heart events, I found her fascinating. I really like how she seems to be spiritually connected to the cosmos to some way and she's also friends with Sandy, who's one of the few who has wild-colored hair like Emily does. I also like how kindly she treated the parrot, her cheerful attitude and the fact that she's so knowledgeable about cloth and how well it can bring out a person's true self.

I never really understood why she's not as popular as the others. Maybe I see more to her than most do.

MasterYoba likes this.
                • GabeOneThrust

When one truly likes a character they see what others don't(did you like my on-spot philosophy?).It's like the an old house(bad example since Emily is young).For you it might be the house of your childhood filled with memories and good times,while somebody else stops at just'A house'.

• GabeOneThrust

What Emily doesn't really have is a strong backstory.I mean every fanboy sees their favorite character differently.

• GabeOneThrust

Did you ever notice?Sandy?Sand-y,since she lives in the desert.

• Roskii Heiral

Wow, you might want to change that triple post before the mods do it for you

I'm not really a Emily fanboy, I just wanted to put my two cents in about her character. Its not that I think she's bad, I just think she lacks cohesion in the story. Its almost like three different people were working on her all at once and just threw all their ideas about her together.

WilliamZ likes this.
                        • GabeOneThrust

I didn't say you don't need to like her,oppinions are something everybody has a different perspective on.Emily is flat out weird(and that's why I like her),if you think about it nobody really has to do anything with the story.They are normal people living their life on the sidelines while you do what you do.You meeting them everyday is more like an optional thing.Emily doesn't really have a motivation,backstory or anything like that.Since every character is special in their own way,Emily might seem left out.But we still love her.

• GabeOneThrust

• Roskii Heiral

Double and triple posting is against the rules, its not about having a good conversation or not. You only need to edit one of your posts to include all your seperate posts and problem solved.

GabeOneThrust likes this.
                              • Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not exactly the intended audience for this thread because I wouldn't marry her, in part due to the whole spirituality thing that I'm very not into, and in part because my real name is Emily and that would just be weird for me. :)

But I do like her. I think she's my third favourite bachelorette after the always-popular Abby and Leah. What I most appreciate about her is her maturity. Yes, she's definitely out there--a Space Cadet, as my mom would say--but she's clearly an adult who knows how to be responsible without sacrificing her free spirit. Her friendly and straightforward personality is refreshing, and that's coming from someone who loves the game's grumpy onions. I imagine that she'd be great to chat with while she's tending bar. I like her interest in fashion as personal expression and her bizarre clothing therapy event (especially bizarre for me, as I had just married Shane when I first saw it, and was cracking up at his outfit). I also like that she loves animals and took care of that injured bird. It reminded me of the time I ended up with four baby squirrels and how stressful it was not knowing if they were going to survive. She really had to have dedication to do that.

Also, I'm 31, so I'm pleased to see some singles closer to my own age when many of them seem quite young.

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I like Emily. I can relate to her despite having 0 shared interests with her. Does that even make sense?

GabeOneThrust likes this.
                                  • GabeOneThrust

Will be more careful next time,thanks for the heads-up

• GabeOneThrust

One:Why do I like your reply so much?And two,why does it hit home and make me teary eyed even though I'm nowhere near that age.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
                                        Seismothesaurus likes this.
                                      • GabeOneThrust

Everything yet nothing makes sense on the internet.I get you though.

• WilliamZ

And you did it again xD triple post lol

Same here, but I'm 32. The Bachelorette close to my age would be Leah and I think that It's very unfair to pick her xD since she have a complete kit of grandiosity from the start lol.
                                          I love Maru, she's my favorite, she treats you nice from the start, but her sprites are terrible and most of people tend to stay away from her because of this. I like of the work from this artist, since he makes very significant improvements without break the nature of the game.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Roskii Heiral likes this.