1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

(Mac) How can I turn off mouse scroll through the toolbar?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Deep Space Explorer, Aug 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Deep Space Explorer

Deep Space Explorer Space Hobo

I can't find any way to turn off my mouse scrolling through the toolbar, and its breaking the game for me.

Using an Apple mouse, the slightest sideways movement of my finger will cause my guy to switch from his weapon to something else in a fight. I can't continue to play the game until this is solved; I've died too many times because of it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. SkinHeadBaby

SkinHeadBaby Big Damn Hero

If there isnt anything in the controls to unbind the scroll wheel dont think it will be possible but i think you are having mouse issues instead

3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

He does not. Apple mouse don't have a wheel to scroll, it's more like a touchscreen, so for games in which you need to scroll a lot, it can be very tedious.
    Tho, can't you plug an external mouse in your Mac?

4. noobsqoou

noobsqoou Big Damn Hero

Yeah, Apple's magic mouse can be a pain at times. All I can think of is seeing if there's a setting in the system preferences that you can change. However, I have a feeling that you're just gonna have to get a usb mouse with a scroll wheel.

5. Deep Space Explorer

Deep Space Explorer Space Hobo

The standard Apple Mouse ships with every desktop Mac, the devs should have solved this years ago. This game can't be said to work on Macs until this is fixed.

How do I get in touch with the company?

sonjita likes this.
  6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The game does work though. Just because the mouse is special and causes problems doesn't change that. The problem is a shitty mouse design, not the game.

sonjita likes this.
  7. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Kinda like blaming musicians for the iPhone's lack of headphone jack.

sonjita likes this.