1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Foodie's Furniture 1.4.2

Placeable foods and food themed furniture!

1. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

... oh my god. duh. how did I actually manage to miss that? yes, yes, yes
    that might've been Burger Fool's gimmick but they're already in hot water dealing with the angry worker unions they just don't have the funds for it at the moment :-(
    NOPE. NOPE NOPE NOPE. I'M NOT INVITING THAT DARK MAGIC INTO THIS GOOD, WHOLESOME MOD.

... A pizza parlor might be viable though, if I can manage to make a 2d pizza sprite look recognizeable.

Jonesy likes this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I can't believe that didn't occur to me, either. I'm guessing your best bet might be an open pizza box with the toppings juuust visible over the lid. Though my concern would be how the pizza parlour would be distinct from the other two fast food places, since I'm guessing they're all going to be fairly human-ish. I'm wondering if creepy-yet-not-haunted animatronics may well help keep it fresh.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  3. rare_candy_bracelet

good point. Maybe I'll just add pizza items to the existing sets?

Oh but imagine this guys: farmer's market. I'll make placeable versions of all the crops and have a couple merchant stalls.

Roskii Heiral and Jonesy like this.
  4. Jonesy

Yeah, I reckon that could work. Perhaps some different themes for boxes or stalls based on which race produced a particular crop?

5. luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

a steakhouse with an all-too-eager floran chef and copious amounts of meat, can just envision a floran waitress serving you an oogler butt on a plate with a fork sticking out of it

edit: there could be an agaran run new-agey "health food store" with all the weird nonsensical "alternative foods" you can imagine, or just excessively overpriced "all natural organic cruelty-free" rebranded versions of ordinary items

starbound also has a fair few unused hylotl assets for a retail store checkout line, maybe you could repurpose those for something

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Jonesy likes this.
  6. rare_candy_bracelet

let's be real here I'd be relieved if it was just oogler butt meat being served. And considering the Agaran pre 1.0 lore, I wouldn't trust anything they'd serve.
    !! That's right! Maybe I'll make a grocery store!

7. luna_panshiel

that's exactly the idea, one of those skeevy health food places like the real ones that sell poisonous plants calling the poison "an essential vitamin"(yes that's a very real thing, they were selling apricot kernels as snack food calling the resulting cyanide poisoning a side-effect of having too much of their made up nonsense vitamin)

8. rare_candy_bracelet

seriously?! how is that even legal????!?

9. luna_panshiel

*shrug* i can't really say as i don't really know... in any case, heh, such things are very much in line with starbound's humor, it's actually harder to decide whether toxic brainwashing "health food" fits agaran(braineating spores) or apex(mind control water) lore better....

that kind of stuff could be relegated to colony tagging, for example: in another mod i made for personal use, if you add a mix of of hylotl and human tags, you'd get "eastern human" tenants able to show up in hylotl clothing(great with the "hylotl stuff" and "enter the dragon temple" mods, and making races depict more cultural styles), i also made "western humans" for mixing novakid stuff, and a lot of interesting ways to spawn in modded races with standard objects (edit: you achieve this by duplicating the base NPC type, like the very very basic "villager" npctype file, that determines what clothing options races use rather than a forced override like themed tenants)

you could have a completely ordinary "farmer's market" and if you have stuff with "mushroom" and/or "odd"/"science"/"apex" tags present, you can attract a creepy health food vendor that is less than trustworthy... and makes what character you can get from a single set more varied, messing with tenant spawns means you can attract all sorts of different shopkeepers and personalities by mixing things together....

add in arcade machines, burger fool items and pizza objects in one place and you get a "chuck-e-cheese" tenant with copious amounts of self-loathing

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  10. rare_candy_bracelet

Oh man that'd be pretty cool super cool, actually?? there's all kinds of scenarios I could come up with for that. I could even add regular villager tenants! maybe one of those health nuts is a science-hating mom who doesn't vaccinate her kids

11. luna_panshiel

edited my post again as my brain was running off on tenant mixing ideas

12. alecsander

alecsander Subatomic Cosmonaut

you should make a soup and sandwich style shop like panera but use an avian and hylotl inspiration, since the food at panera seems to be pointed towards gluten free yuppies and vegans

rare_candy_bracelet likes this.
  13. GonDragon

GonDragon Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi! I maded a mod called "Many Frogs", that adds tabs and categorization to the Frog Furnishing (I still not uploaded the mod here, but I will). And I really want your mod to support it. I writed a new patch for your mod, if you want to use it, you should reeplace your actual frogfurnishing.object.patch with it.

Here it is the patch.

The patch check if my mod is installed. If it is, it will put all the items in the "Comerce" category. If is not installed, then will do the ussual, put the items in furniture.

14. rare_candy_bracelet

heya! I just tried out your mod with your patch and it looks like things are working just fine! I'll be sure to include it in the next update of the mod. Though I did notice the tabs seemed a little broken? No crashes or anything, but my mod's items appeared on more than one tab.

Also, if you wanted to hit up my other mod that adds a few objects to the store, I would gladly add your patch there as well.

15. GonDragon

GonDragon Pangalactic Porcupine

In more than one Tab? mmmm... maybe you're subscribed to your own mod? So one patch is puting your mod objects in Outdoor (the old Furniture tab).

And of course! Here it is the patch for your other mod.

16. rare_candy_bracelet

Nope, I always keep the current open files with me in case I have to make a quick edit, both Stable and Unstable. Ah well, I'm sure it won't do any harm. Thank you for the patch! I'll be sure to update both mods soon with support Many Frogs!

17. Jonesy

Nearly forgot to mention; you might want to look into how the placeable objects interact with tenant fetch-quests. I did one the other day that involved making a food item, but it didn't seem to be able to progress unless I had both the consumable and the placeable versions.

On a side note, I've expanded my city build with a sort of vertical mall, which I intend to expand both upwards and downwards as new stores and whatnot become available. So, hopefully I'm ready for any new food-based furniture sets to come along, without the confusion I had when the Burger Fool set came around.

18. rare_candy_bracelet

I... actually didn't know tenants would use my objects in fetch-quests. I'll have to look into it, though I'm not sure how I'd go about fixing it...

Niceeee. Well keep a slot open 'cause you might be seeing an update soon! ;)

19. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet updated Foodie's Furniture with a new update entry:

I Scream, You Scream...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jonesy likes this.
  20. rare_candy_bracelet

Thanks again for subscribing to Foodie's Furniture! I thought I'd give everyone another sneak peak to a future update:
    salt and pepper preview.png

Jonesy likes this.