RELEASED More Crops Mod + Even More Crops Mod( Updated 20 / 04 )

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Killerbotto, Mar 28, 2016.

?

What would you like to see next?

1. More Crops

39.4%
  2. More Trees

22.8%
  3. More Fish

20.1%
  4. More Flowers

17.6%
  1. Firagon

Firagon Space Spelunker

Hi OP, i'm having having crashes on my game due to your mod, i really like it BTW, and i want to try it, but i can't.

I'm uploading the log for your review.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Firagon, and others. This version isn't updated anymore. Use the unofficial continuation version; it stays true to this original version with all the crops. But, it's been updated for the latest versions of Stardew Valley.
      It was initially revived/updated by TenkoKuugen, but I helped update it for the Localization update over here: http://community.playstarbound.com/...icial-continuation.129349/page-6#post-3154045

Install that one, and it'll work just fine.

Antiguy likes this.
      • Hes

Hes Intergalactic Tourist

I tried this mod but there is a problem with the coffee plants. They turned into some carrots and the image for the beans themselves is missing. Also, there is some odd pixelated image in my chests that tosses me out of the chest and crashes the game.

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

MysticTempest likes this.
          • Hes

I just saw this but I have no idea how to install the other two parts so i'm at a loss as to how to add this in.

• MysticTempest

Once you have SMAPI installed. Follow the links to the 2 SMAPI mods it requires. Extract the downloads into your SMAPI 'Mods' folder in your game directory.
              Then download the mod data; either through the attachment on the post, or using the dropbox link. And, extract the data into your game folder. The file paths are already setup properly. So, it'll merge with and replace the necessary files & folders.

• Hes

I must be doing something wrong. In my mod folder under steamapps I have...

TrainerMod Folder
                EntoaroxFramework.dll
                EntoaroxFramework.pdb
                manifest.json
                ShopExpander.dll

And I extracted the content and mods folders to the stardewvalley folder and replaced them and went into the game via the stardewmoddingapi app. But nothing is different.

• MysticTempest

Ah yea, for the SMAPI mods. The files need to stay in their directories just like the TrainerMod. You'll end up with 3 directories in the Mods folder assuming you don't install any other SMAPI mods.

The directory structure should look like this:
                  Code:
                  /Mods/
                  ├── !EntoaroxFramework
                  │  ├── config.json
                  │  ├── EntoaroxFramework.dll
                  │  ├── EntoaroxFramework.pdb
                  │  └── manifest.json
                  ├── ShopExpander
                  │  ├── config.json
                  │  ├── manifest.json
                  │  └── ShopExpander.dll
                  └── TrainerMod
                    ├── manifest.json
                    ├── Newtonsoft.Json.dll
                    ├── Newtonsoft.Json.xml
                    ├── TrainerMod.dll
                    └── TrainerMod.pdb

3 directories, 12 files

• Hes

I think i may have gotten it to work! Thanks for all your help!I

• ShantalyaNaia

ShantalyaNaia Orbital Explorer

Hello! I need some help. At first, it appears that everything is working correctly. I followed every instruction very carefully, and I got no errors from SMAPI as it loaded all my mods. When I went to Pierre's shop to check out the new seeds, they simply didn't appear. I have already taken a look at the non-official update provided by MysticTempest (pg. 38). Thanks in advance :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
                      • TheGodlyKittenNinja

TheGodlyKittenNinja Void-Bound Voyager

So, I downloaded this mod. I placed the files in the stardewvalley folder like it said to. I replaced all the files like it said to. But I didn't get to enjoy it, because instead of just adding new content, it replaced all the old stuff too. I had a maple seed in my inventory, and when I tried to click on it the game completely crashed because the file no longer existed. I didn't realize all the old crops wouldn't exist anymore, so I didn't bother backing up the old files. I had to uninstall and reinstall my game. Luckily I still had the saved files backed up to my computer, so all I had to do to get the game back to how I had it before was redo all the replacements I had done to the game before downloading this mod, so it wasn't a complete destruction of my game, just kind of a pain in the ass. Still, Until I know for sure that the crops I already have on my farm won't crash my game after downloading this, I think I'll pass.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Use More Crops, Unofficial Continuation by TenkoKuugen. Here is the link https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/more-crops-unofficial-continuation.129349/

• Diotheawesome

Diotheawesome Poptop Tamer

Don't download this yet, He needs to improve it. Too many red things and too many things that aren't compatible with other mods.

[SMAPI] Custom Crops crashed when editing asset 'Data\Crops', which may cause errors in-game. Error details:
                            System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
                            at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
                            at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
                            at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
                            at CustomCrops.ContentInjector.Edit[T](IAssetData asset)
                            at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SContentManager.ApplyEditors[T](IAssetInfo info, IAssetData asset) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SContentManager.cs:line 653
                            [SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                            at StardewValley.Object.getDescription()
                            at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryMenu.hover(Int32 x, Int32 y, Item heldItem)
                            at CookingSkill.NewCraftingPage.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y) in G:\StardewValley\Mods\CookingSkill\NewCraftingPage.cs:line 358
                            at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
                            at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                            at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 550
                            [SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                            at CookingSkill.NewCraftingPage.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y) in G:\StardewValley\Mods\CookingSkill\NewCraftingPage.cs:line 358
                            at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 550

[Cooking Skill] From level 6 to 6
                            [Cooking Skill] From level 6 to 7
                            [Cooking Skill] Adding new cooking level: 7
                            [Cooking Skill] From level 7 to 7

• Diotheawesome

Diotheawesome Poptop Tamer

I'm deleting the mod and back up the files I have, thanks for wasting my time and effort.

• Verne

Verne Astral Cartographer

From your SMAPI log, you were using both this mod and Custom Crops, correct?

As far as I know, they aren't compatible, since they edit the same things. Pick one or the other. Also, you sound a bit rude here. It isn't the creator of this mod's fault that this happened--the two mods simply aren't compatible.

Cheers.

lannihamm, Cyans and eemie like this.
                                • Verne

Again, you're trying to use two mods that are incompatible. Both even mention that they are incompatible with other mods that change the same things (crops, crops...it's in the name of both) on either their download pages, the threads, their info, etc.

Yeah, that...that's rude, pal. Sorry. I...could flip that around on you and say that the reason you aren't having success with this is because you simply didn't read what's already provided well enough, but... x:

TL;DR: Your mods are incompatible; generally two mods that change the same things won't work together and you will have crashes. That's true of any game you'll mod be it Stardew Valley, Fallout, Skyrim, Minecraft...if two mods try to access the same files and alter them, you're gonna have issues. This is the fault not of the mod authors, but of the person trying to use both mods, and hey, mistakes happen. If you aren't sure, ask. Make sure you read around.

There's no reason to go around here or on the Nexus insulting people and putting on an attitude, you know? You'll have a much better time of things if you slow down, take a breath...distance yourself if you get frustrated. I've seen you around. I've seen the things you post. If you get that frustrated about games that you start attacking people, you need to take a break.

Good luck!

eemie, lannihamm and kijikun like this.
                                  • Verne

Yeah, I...have no idea what the heck any of that you just tried to say was, sorry.

There's your problem. I don't think I can help you, sorry.

You might want to take a break from Stardew Valley, because it seems to be stressing you out.

Edit: For clarification for anyone reading this and confused, the second part of his post up there was in response to this one--a mod edited it when giving him a warning, I think. This post was in response to the first half of that up there.

The second half, my post seems to have been deleted, but I don't tolerate language like that and simply told him that yeah, he needs to take a break. I don't want anyone thinking I let that slide.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
                                    • Verne

(asterisks added by me)
                                      Yeah, you need to take a break. Bye!

Edit: ...Oh, he got banned. Well, this all looks really confusing, now... Sorry about that, folks!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
                                      • pixieNpixels

pixieNpixels Subatomic Cosmonaut

@Verne I applaud you for trying to be helpful with someone that was quite obviously wearing blinders and not willing to listen. I wanted to help intervene but with the second comment he made I knew anything I said would have been fruitless. He went too far using such hateful words, and I am sorry that you had to have that kind of hate directed your way. :(

Verne likes this.
                                        • Verne

@pixieNpixels Ah, thank you! That was a bit frustrating, but I thought maybe he'd listen and just didn't realise how nasty he was being... Instead it escalated kinda dramatically. Phew.

I can only wonder what he said that got him banned while I was asleep, and who it was aimed at, 'cause I'm not the only person he got snippy with...