RELEASED Map Image Exporter 1.0.7

Export a screenshot of locations from the SMAPI console.

1. spacechase0

spacechase0 Ketchup Robot

spacechase0 submitted a new mod:

Map Image Exporter - Export a screenshot of locations from the SMAPI console.

Read more about this mod...

• spacechase0

• spacechase0

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Does this operate like upload.farm where it only uses default textures of the game? Or can it render the maps in a modified form too?

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

@Xuomi It basically takes a pic of you're whole farm as you see it (with all your textures and etc. and variable depending on the command options you use) Example with "export current all" command on the farm:
        Farm.png

Naruchii, staarfruit, Shenz and 2 others like this.
        • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@FieryChaos Thank you so much, this is going to come in handy, I can't wait to be able to use it.

• godlcd

godlcd Big Damn Hero

Thank you so much for the lasted version.

• englenghardt

englenghardt Void-Bound Voyager

any requirement? SMAPI Version? is it viable on Stardew version 1.1.1? 1.2?

i got this error on 1.1.1

Attached Files:

• spacechase0

You'll need to use this version, as the current one is for 1.2.

• fosforus

fosforus Aquatic Astronaut

I'm having issues with the 'weather' and 'light' layers - see attached, taken on a rainy day. There is a small area in the top-left where you can see the raindrops and the bluish light filter, but the rest of the frame is unaffected. Any suggestions?

(SMAPI 1.12, Stardew 1.2.33, on OSX 10.12.6)

Really appreciate this mod and would love to be able to use it fully!

Attached Files:

• spacechase0

• fosforus

Wow, thanks for the quick update! Unfortunately, when I tested the new version I still get the exact same behavior as posted above.

Another question - is there a specific command to include the player avatar in the export? My farmer only shows up when I do "export all" or "export current all" - if there's a specific way to include the farmer, I could then avoid using "all" and the weather thing would be less of an issue for my screenshots.

thanks again!

• xangria

xangria Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is there any way to name the file when you export the current map? I want to take pictures of my farm over time, but I realized they overwrite one another. Right now I rename the file manually afterwards, but a command for it would be more convenient.

• Stardews

Stardews Void-Bound Voyager

all of my pictures are just a black :/

• fosforus

I sometimes get all-black, or all-white, exports too. Try experimenting with different commands - "export current all", "export farm tiles", "export farm tiles loc npcs", etc. Also, leaving the current area and coming back seems to help sometimes as well.

• fosforus

I have also observed that I get all-white blank exports if there are too many objects on the farm. There is a ton of wild grass on my farm right now and I started getting blank exports. "export farm tiles" and "export farm loc" both consistently succeed, but "export farm tiles loc" (and "export farm all") consistently give me a blank export. I trimmed back a bunch of grass, changed nothing else, and all export commands started working normally again.

Any help from the mod maker on this would be much appreciated!

• Stardews

Stardews Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I seem to have fixed this problem, basically I just made the game into windowed mode and input the code into the console with the game in the background and it seems so work, not sure if you are having this same issue though as yours is a bit more complicated so this might be a load of unhelpful mumbo jumbo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

I'm suddenly having issues with this mod. It crashes the game, and the exports are all black. Even on a diferent computer, new install, new character, with no other mods installed.
                                I alt tab to smapi console to enter "export ____" then I alt tab back to stardew, and the game flashes black and white a couple times, then closes down. Then anything I exported is black.

Nothing abnormal looking in the Smapi log, not sure what to do....

and I wish i'd read a bit, putting stardew into windowed mod worked

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
                                • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

[06:11:38 INFO Map Image Exporter] Rendering Farm...
                                  [06:11:39 ERROR Map Image Exporter] Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: SMAPI blocked access by Map Image Exporter to its internals through the reflection API. Accessing the SMAPI internals is strongly discouraged since they're subject to change, which means the mod can break without warning.
                                  at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModHelpers.ReflectionHelper.AssertAccessAllowed(Type type) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ModHelpers\ReflectionHelper.cs:line 188
                                  at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModHelpers.ReflectionHelper.GetPrivateMethod(Object obj, String name, Boolean required) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ModHelpers\ReflectionHelper.cs:line 136
                                  at MapImageExporter.Mod.export(RenderQueueEntry render) in G:\StardewValley\Mods\MapImageExporter\Mod.cs:line 393

• ERRORcauser

ERRORcauser Void-Bound Voyager

connot work with SMAPI2.0
                                    SMAPI blocked access by Map Image Exporter to its internals through the reflection API. Accessing the SMAPI internals is strongly discouraged since they're subject to change, which means the mod can break without warning.