Modding Help Race mod problem

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Panyang, Aug 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Panyang

Panyang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

anigif.gif

I was tried to make this chubby dinosaur looking race mod, which have totally different body shape unlike other races. Then I just realized when this race wear another race's armor, it became totally wrong. I coudn't solve this problem so I almost gave up! Anybody have Ideas?

2. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

This is a problem that has plagued the Starbound modding community since day one of race mods. The only way you can manage it is, unfortunately, to create variants of armors to fit the race. I actually created a mod of my own to help out race modders like you with things like this.
    The Outfit Fitter, as I like to call it, is a resource for modders like yourself. It serves as the easiest means for modders to distribute clothes that have been fitted for their uniquely shaped race.
    You can find it here if you want to try it.

Outfit Fitter

Please remember that this does not automatically fit clothes for your race, it only swaps clothes based on recipes.

3. Panyang

Panyang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Meh, I just wanna make something different... Maybe that sprites can be use for npc or something instead of playable race. Thanks anyway!

4. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

I dont exactly understand what this does.

5. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

This looks great! Yes, you deviate from the mean, and you will create more work for yourself, but what from I've seen, the community will love it even more. Sparklink's outfitter is so great, it will solve many problems for you.

The extra work you have created will pale against the delight the community will have playing your mod.

6. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

It is a simple crafting station. You create variants of vanilla clothes to fit your race and this serves as a means of swapping the originals for the fitted variant. It uses recipes to swap the items There are easy instructions found in the folder, once you have followed the instructions you simply integrate the assets into your race mod. If you play DrPvtSkittles' Terrakin race you can see that there is a tar mask that fits them. To get the Terrakin fitted mask you take the normal tar mask to the Outfit Fitter and get a Terrakin shaped tar mask. Each race that uses these assets has a specialized Outfit Fitter only for them self. This is to make sure that there are no problems with compatibility.

If you have any more questions please let me know on the Outfit Fitter discussion page. We would not want to clutter this page up with unrelated discussion.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017