WIP SDVMMR (Stardew Valley Mod Manager reborn)

Discussion in 'Modding Tools' started by yuukiw, Jul 23, 2017.

1. yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

SDVMMR (Stardew Valley Mod Manager reborn) (name pending) is a very much work in progress multiplatform Mod Manger.

Features:
    * automatic migrating from SDVMM To SDVMMR (done)
    * new GUI (done)
    * Installing and updating SMAPI
    * Installing and updating Mods (updating if github is avaible)
    * save backup and restore
    * giving a choice between overwriting games or not using xnbloader.

[​IMG]

Can I help?

If you want to help the project you can offer to now and then test if the programm is working like intended on Linux and Mac OS.

If you are more on artistically then you could provide a headerimage and icon for the app.

https://github.com/yuukiw/SDVMMR

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    • yuukiw

current progress Update.
      Adding Smapi mods now works, next are xnb mods.
      [​IMG]

• yuukiw

Currently looking for Translators for SDVMMR

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

I would love to be a Linux beta tester once you have a Beta version to distribute. I run Mint 18.1, which is similar enough to Ubuntu that functionality is, for all intents and purposes, identical.

I checked the github (the link in your original post got messed up somehow, by the way), and it looks promising, but I'm not too keen on cloning and compiling manually.

yuukiw likes this.
          • yuukiw

as a attachment is a beta build of the programm.
            If you want to test it make sure to backup your Stadew Valley Folder in the of chance that anything bad happens.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
            • ShneekeyTheLost

Code:
              System.Net.WebException: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile (System.Uri address, System.String fileName) [0x000c9] in <4060ce79c1104ef2b7adf5c19d399ad4>:0
                at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile (System.String address, System.String fileName) [0x00019] in <4060ce79c1104ef2b7adf5c19d399ad4>:0
                at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Net.WebClient:DownloadFile (string,string)
                at MainWindow..ctor () [0x000a8] in <a5a6493f6886449fa13ff87999baddd4>:0
                at SDVMMR.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x0000c] in <a5a6493f6886449fa13ff87999baddd4>:0
              To get that far, I had to manually create the SDVMM folder in my home/.config folder and manually copy the JSON file over.

It's complaining about MONO, but I have a far more current version of MONO than SDV has... maybe that is the problem?

yuukiw likes this.
              • yuukiw

sounds like it cant resolve a url.
                Is it win/mac or linux?

• ShneekeyTheLost

Linux Mint 18.1

It was mentioning something about a DLL... hang on, lemme grab that other message in terminal...

Code:
                  Your mono runtime and class libraries are out of sync.
                  The out of sync library is: /home/shneekey/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/System.dll

• yuukiw

Where is the mod manager located

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

• ShneekeyTheLost

Same folder as SDV

• yuukiw

Could you try another folder

• ShneekeyTheLost

Crashes so hard the error message never shows up, and has to force quit.

• yuukiw

updated the gui.

newgui.JPG

and pottential fixed the start issue

Attached Files:

• ShneekeyTheLost

Okay, GUI at least pulls up, tells me about an SMAPI update, then does this:

Code:
                              System.ArgumentException: An empty file name is not valid.
                                at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.CheckPath (System.String path) [0x00016] in <a07d6bf484a54da2861691df910339b1>:0
                                at System.IO.DirectoryInfo..ctor (System.String path, System.Boolean simpleOriginalPath) [0x00006] in <a07d6bf484a54da2861691df910339b1>:0
                                at System.IO.DirectoryInfo..ctor (System.String path) [0x00000] in <a07d6bf484a54da2861691df910339b1>:0
                                at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.DirectoryInfo:.ctor (string)
                                at SDVMMR.UpdateHandler.DownloadSMAPI (System.String url, System.String gameFolder, System.String version) [0x0018e] in <d13491c673d94a6c8cab2c9b9eea8170>:0
                                at SDVMMR.Updates.CheckSmapi (System.String gameFolder) [0x00092] in <d13491c673d94a6c8cab2c9b9eea8170>:0

• ShneekeyTheLost

Also:

Due to how Nautilus works, it doesn't like selecting a folder for Steam Folder and Game Folder, meaning you have to do it manually. Furthermore, the cancel button does not work while attempting to do so.

Launch Stardew Valley button does nothing.

Adding mods is... interesting. When you first try to add a mod, it gives this error:

Code:
                                System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                                  at SDVMMR.ModManager.addMod (System.String path, System.Boolean skipRec, System.String recdestPath) [0x004f8] in <d13491c673d94a6c8cab2c9b9eea8170>:0
                                but still puts it in the Unzipped folder.

It won't, however, acknowledge that it HAS been unzipped.

• yuukiw

Are you on discord?

• ShneekeyTheLost

I can be in an hour or two

yuukiw likes this.
                                    • yuukiw

whats the error it gives now?

Attached Files:

• ShneekeyTheLost

Code:
                                        Unhandled Exception:
                                        System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                                          at SDVMMR.MainWindow.checkForMods () [0x0005f] in <9641e1fc3a474327b02db11720ba9a1e>:0
                                          at SDVMMR.MainWindow..ctor () [0x00119] in <9641e1fc3a474327b02db11720ba9a1e>:0
                                          at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) SDVMMR.MainWindow:.ctor ()
                                          at SDVMMR.Program.Main () [0x00010] in <9641e1fc3a474327b02db11720ba9a1e>:0
                                        [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                                          at SDVMMR.MainWindow.checkForMods () [0x0005f] in <9641e1fc3a474327b02db11720ba9a1e>:0
                                          at SDVMMR.MainWindow..ctor () [0x00119] in <9641e1fc3a474327b02db11720ba9a1e>:0
                                          at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) SDVMMR.MainWindow:.ctor ()
                                          at SDVMMR.Program.Main () [0x00010] in <9641e1fc3a474327b02db11720ba9a1e>:0
                                        The first time I tried to just run it, the thing apparently unpacked everything then crashed, but I didn't get what the error was until I opened up a terminal and ran
                                        Code:
                                        mono SDVMMR.exe
                                        to figure out what went wrong.

Also, I'm in Discord

• yuukiw

anything changed?

Attached Files: