1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback The 1.4 update should....

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by M_Sipher, Jun 19, 2017.

1. LizardGaming

LizardGaming Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think you're onto something here!

Maybe have more than one ship, like a fleet of carriers and warheads.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2017
  2. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For now everything we know is that we will get :
    -Bounty hunting (heeell yeah !)
    -better mod support
    -more lore

According to an answer of one of the devs during the "ama" on reddit

3. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

*Sees this on forums* Looks pretty neat! I'm going to go on there and tell them what I want. *I've already liked this post*

Alright then.

I agree with EVERY point you've made! What I want is for updates to be more frequent, just small bug fixes every couple weeks. With those updates would come a sprinkle of content. 10 new RNG monster parts and 12 new microdungeons. Then the next bug fix rolls out with new content. 3 new space anomalies and a new furniture set. Also more procedural quest types have been added.

So on and so forth until the next big 1.X comes out. Just keep adding *little bits* until all that content grows! As they say, variety is the spice of the universe! :3

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    {insert_name_here} and M_Sipher like this.
  4. 777JackOfBlades

I hope they will expand on previous updates , like new stuff in the vaults (more microformers for example) and space ship that you can attack for the new bounty hunter job, and maybe more mechs stuffs
    Oh and race ship , cause you never see any glitch or avian ship in space

5. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Iagree that the next update should focus less on new activities, and more on expanding existing ones, if they need something that would deliver a kick as a main feature...well there are a few I can think of.

• Giant mobs (How is that coming along by the way?)
    • More (harder?) challenge rooms or gates
    • Missions in the post game tier(can always use more story)
    • More things to do with the recruited! (Expand the number of recruited and assign them to things or places! Start the path towards rebuilding the protectorate!)

6. noobsqoou

noobsqoou Big Damn Hero

Two big things I'd love to see . . .

1) Something I've wanted for a long time is the ability to take generated weapons and mess with them in such ways as:
    • tweaking the fire rate and damage per shot without changing the overall damage per second and energy per second
    • switching out bits from other collected weapons to change the appearance
    • modifying their element types
    • upgrading the tier of the weapon
    • giving them custom names
    • duplicating weapons for sharing with friends or dual-wielding twin weapons
    This could be used to encourage more exploration and scavenging:
    • Changing the cosmetic appearance could require you to collect generated weapons in order to salvage the bits from them.
    • Modifying the element types could require you to collect the four main elemental resources, either by hunting the right enemies or farming the four fluffalo.
    • Upgrading the weapon's tier could require resources mined from planets of the tier desired (probably necessary in order to prevent a starting character from immediately gaining tier 6 weaponry).
    I think Biggy's Reputable Weaponry would be a perfect platform for this, as right now I have absolutely no reason to ever go there.

2) I'd really like a better way to store all of the vanity armors that we can find. About a year and a half ago I suggested adding a "Wardrobe" furniture type that brings up an interface that allows you to:
    • scan any new cosmetics you have found (costs pixels)
    • browse through your entire collection (by slot or even by set)
    • preview your appearance as you're browsing (similar to character creation)
    • print out cosmetics to share with friends (costs pixels)
    Another possibility would be the stockpiling of large amounts of dye within the wardrobe, which would allow the player to further customize their cosmetics before finalizing their choice. No more having to waste dye just to see what a color looks like.

Also, like the ship locker, interacting with any wardrobe, no matter where it is or whose it is, will always bring up your cosmetics.

LizardGaming and 777JackOfBlades like this.
  7. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I dig it. I've been bouncing my skull against a number of ways to store all the armors and cosmetic armors I've collected that "fit" my builds without spreading the collection all over the place, and it's just not firing. There's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much that any central-ish storage would be huge or require storage devices that just don't look right with the build theme (wall lockers).

But the ability to "feed" a wardrobe your clothing options then print-on-demand like the Pixel Printer would be GREAT. Mix that with a greater ability to clothe your Ship Crew (a-like so)...
    [​IMG]

This would make me super-happy.

Sir_Djak, Tamorr, noobsqoou and 2 others like this.
  8. Circle Cell

Circle Cell Void-Bound Voyager

Optimization.
    More menu options concerning weather, animations, quality, etc.

stealthXG likes this.
  9. DBGhasts101

DBGhasts101 Void-Bound Voyager

Chucklefish NEEDS to see this. I have to say that the game is great so far, but the more recent updates are a bit half-baked, for example the ancient vaults? Though I love it when the game adds new systems and mechanics, I think it needs to perfect and expand the systems it already has.

And yes, new planets, biomes, and dungeons are a MUST. Exploration is the main aspect of the game, not mechs or vaults or anything else. I remember when they first added midnight planets, I was totally blown away and wanted to explore every one in the galaxy. New planets and dungeons are the BEST POSSIBLE THING that this game could add right now. And I understand this might require a character or universe wipe, which CF is trying to stay away from, but I think it would still make Starbound a BETTER GAME. I'm sure you all can agree, right?

DraikNova likes this.
  10. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Actually, it won't require a universe wipe thanks to procedural generation and a game-universe of a few quintillion planets. Roughly, planets don't properly exist on your computer until you visit them; up until then, they're only a recipe the game will eventually look up. So Chucklefish can change that recipe to add new environs and whatnot. Planets you've already visited won't change, but unvisited ones will, and there's a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of unvisited space.

11. 777JackOfBlades

True that game still have A LOT of potential

12. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does damage/second include the wait cycle from energy usage?

13. noobsqoou

noobsqoou Big Damn Hero

I don't think it does. The energy recharge cooldown is a separate mechanic from just weapons, as it affects tech abilities, too.

14. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

All I want is maps.

* Something I can activate on at a planet to show the map, and toggle between ways to show it: In the corner of the map, translucent overlay over the screen, or fullscreen.
    * With a 'fog of war' that uncovers the map as I explore, so I really know where I've been.
    * And that I can access from the ship as an extra 'zoom' at the navigation panel for planets already visited. So I can see the map of a planet I have already visited, and teleport to any point of its surface and to any teleporter set there by me directly from the map.

15. 777JackOfBlades

Like the map from Terraria ?

16. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Seems like so.

17. Quillon

Quillon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Diiiiid somebody say Biomes?

I have some Ideas.

Gentle Stars:
    Crystalline Planets (Planets covered in crystals.
    Industrial "City" planets (more like Factory planets, what the Toxic biome was previously.

Temperate Stars:
    High Desert Planets (spruce trees, mesa-like cliffs, bushes, etc.)
    Cold Desert Planets (hey, it can happen.
    Look up the Gobi Desert)

Radioactive Stars:
    Slime Planets (covered in slime. Comes in 10 different colors! Collect all ten, and you get a little trophy. :p)
    Bioluminescent Desert Planets (speaks for itself. Whatever you're picturing in your mind, I can assure you, it IS that awesome.)

Frozen Stars:
    Europan planets (icy surface, with oceans below)
    Liquid Nitrogen Planets (ice covered. Lakes, rivers, and streams of liquid nitrogen. Little geysers.)

Fiery Stars:
    Fire Forest (really hot version of the forest. Lava trees. Lava bushes. Lava flowers, why not.)
    Sulfuric Planets (Oceans of sulfuric acid. if you're somehow able to get down to the "sea" floor, there should be something cool for you

18. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd like to see the input/mouse separated from the graphics and physics processing.
    When frame rate gets laggy, it seems the mouse is taking turns with that laggy which becomes a headache to work with.
    It would be an improvement if the mouse were to be on a more frequent update than the screen and game updates.

19. 777JackOfBlades

Slime planets ?
    [​IMG]
    Why not ?

20. Cat_Fuzz

Cat_Fuzz Star Wrangler

Just want to chime in that while what you're requested would be great, this is by no means a small update before a big one. You're asking for a lot of work for free.