The Take Down SDVMods.net Initiative - Help remove this content thieving website here!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by madelinealex, Oct 24, 2016.

1. madelinealex

madelinealex Phantasmal Quasar

Oh heeeeeelll no. He's definitely viewing this thread I'd assume then. He thinks he's being sneaky and that he's going to get away with this. Well, he's not. Please let us know what kind of response you get from them and if you could link the abuse report links here I'd really appreciate that. Thank you so much for your help so far!

• jwdred

jwdred Void-Bound Voyager

I sent an email to both of these addresses: contact@cpmstar.com, and publishers@cpmstar.com. Here is the reply I received:

I don't want to post the email address of the gentleman who responded to me, but sending to one of those addresses definitely got through to someone. My content has finally been removed from SDVMods, so I don't have any current screenshots, but I'd recommend that anyone who still has content that is being infringed email screenshots and links to cpmstar.

Acerbicon, madelinealex and Entoarox like this.
      • Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

That sounds like a common-or-garden spambot more than anything. We've been getting a few posting in Vietnamese lately.

madelinealex likes this.
        • madelinealex

madelinealex Phantasmal Quasar

Just to be clear, did you email the site's creator or was it CMPStar who removed your content? I'm really curious as to why only your content would be removed if it was CMPStar that did it. He's breaking their TOS and potentially putting that company in legal trouble if they are knowingly putting ads on a site with stolen content, no?

• QuirkyGrandpa

QuirkyGrandpa Void-Bound Voyager

I'm really glad I stumbled on this thread since I'm almost done with the first part of my mod. I highly suggest putting a warning on your pictures themselves as well! So they can't steal your photo's.

Example:

[​IMG]

What a pain that we have to do this at all!

• keodau27

keodau27 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well shit, i actually talked about this a week ago : http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/question-about-inbox-conversations.126004/#post-3050493

Now i i wish i should've speak about this sooner. I thought he has pmed all the modders before he reuploading it on his website despite being shady.
              It seems he has the history of re-uploading mods of other people on his sites and get money from it :\

Hopefully we can get a solution to this, i will start sending email & stuff

btw, this is his personal FB page : https://www.facebook.com/HoanglamYeah

EDIT : i just pm him on his personal FB, lets see how this go. I'm Vietnamese so if anyone want me to deliver something to him in details but afraid that he can't understand you just tell me

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
              • jwdred

jwdred Void-Bound Voyager

I did email the site's creator demanding that my mods be removed, and they were removed before I contacted CPMStar. That is why I didn't have any "current" screenshots to send to them. In my response to CPMStar I was upfront about that, but I also directed them to this thread (so they could see there's a pattern of abuse and I wasn't the only victim), as well as to the infringing site itself, along with links to both the mod forum here and Nexus to show where the content originated.

I got a second response from CPMStar letting me know that the information had been forwarded on to their fraud team, for that reason I think that if others contact CPMStar, particularly those whose infringing content is still on SDVMods.net, there's a pretty good chance they'll take action. Of course, then it might be on to the next advertiser, but this guy has ticked me off enough that I'm willing to spend the time going a few more rounds at this.

There probably won't be a "final confirmation" from CPMStar if they do choose to take action, although it would sure be nice to help bring future advertising victims up to speed a little faster.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
                • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I recognize the disappearing conversation. He did the same to me a long time ago where he asked me permission (AFTER he already uploaded my mods...) and I asked for an explanation as to why he took my mods before reaching out to me. The next day poof, conversation was gone.

• QuirkyGrandpa

QuirkyGrandpa Void-Bound Voyager

• Durtle02

Durtle02 Space Hobo

Hey MadelineAlex,
                    I'm glad you brought this up and contacted me. Is there any other way I could help? Such as messaging other modders? I've been learning lots of coding languages recently and if I'm posting on Nexus Mods I want it to be safe to post my mods so I really want to take down this site.

QuirkyGrandpa likes this.
                    • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

• eemie

*instantly follows*

Edit: does this mean you now have found my facebook... lol.

Androxilogin likes this.
                      • Androxilogin

*no response. Uploads remain*

Myself, I don't have a FaceFlab account so no, your identity is still "eemie; coworker" to me.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
                          eemie likes this.
                        • keodau27

keodau27 Subatomic Cosmonaut

The thread is kinda dead now but i found a screenshot of the message he sent me back in months, i apparently made a post to rant about it lol. Also i did tried to pm him, i even posted on his personal FB and share from the FB fanpage but he didnt answer me.
                          13435353_486754668195473_4691943730236029963_n (1).jpg

• Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

This person is an idiot. He stole mods and that didn't work and now he is trying another swindle.

• eemie

I only saw your comment just now sorry haha

Firebird Zoom likes this.
                              • Androxilogin

No biggie, I forgot I wrote it. Haha.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
                                • Gantu

Gantu Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there,
                                  i don't know if this thread is active or already dead - but stardewvalley.net is active right now and i`m pretty sure the owner doesn't quit stealing. https://who.is/whois/stardewvalleymods.net
                                  Right now the website owner uses the Service of PrivacyGuardian which normally makes it quite hard to find out the
                                  hoster and the domain owner. The normal way would be to contact cloudflare and Privacy Guardian and demand a complete website takedown because of copyright infringement (every one who got his mod stolen could sue him/her). After that you have to register the domain under your name so he/she can`t use it anymore (would be best if chucklefish could do this).
                                  But it seems you already tried that. So .... i'm not proud to suggest this but maybe a good old-fashioned manhunt via Social Media would do the trick. Make his / her Name available for public use and wait what's happening if nothing else helps.

cu Gantu

• Androxilogin

Frick that guy.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
                                      eemie likes this.
                                    • WingedMercy

WingedMercy Space Hobo