1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Foodie's Furniture 1.4.2

Placeable foods and food themed furniture!

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

What are the requirements? I don't seem to be able to get one.

2. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

Really? It should just be the café furniture.

3. Jonesy

I've been trying it in the building I showed, and kept getting an Avian gatherer because of the kitchen furniture. And I assume I've got enough cafe furniture to qualify, unless the threshold's higher than usual.

Edit: OK, got it to work. Had to remove the kitchen furniture before I placed the colony deed.

4. rare_candy_bracelet

phew, that's a relief. I'll probably tweak the barista's priority rate to match the other themed tenants.

5. Jonesy

Sounds like a good idea.

Although, I am pleased to say my barista bears a passing resemblance to Asra Nox.

Cafe Barista.jpg

Perhaps after the Ruin was defeated, she decided to quit her life of racist cultism and decided to work in food service instead?

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  6. rare_candy_bracelet

you kidding? If there's one thing I've learned from retail, it's that doing that day after day will make you hate everybody

seriously though, I can't get over your build dude. It's adorable!! especially the cafe's colorful patio!

7. Jonesy

I'm glad you like it! I've got a thread dedicated to my Starbound builds, including the New Protectorate HQ that the cafe's a part of. The current images are pretty out of date since I've undergone some extensive additions, but I'll be updating them sometime soon now that the cafe's finished.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/jonesys-builds.132835/

8. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet updated Foodie's Furniture with a new update entry:

Fool Me Once...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Waffle-Chan, Ardalis and Jonesy like this.
  9. Jonesy

Are you just trying to feed by OCD now? Guess I'm going to have to try and find more space to add a fast food joint...

10. rare_candy_bracelet

More where that came from my friend.
    ( ✧≖ ͜ʖ≖)

Jonesy likes this.
  11. Jonesy

Well, I'm not quite as satisfied with it as much as the cafe, but I managed to squeeze in my new burger joint. Not an optimal location due to the way the building it's built on compares to the one next to it (one's supposed to look like it's in front of the other a bit), and I've had to put the kitchen off-screen. But eh, it still works.

Burger Joint Preview.jpg

Edit: 312 pixels for a cheeseburger? I know the galactic economy's hit a rough patch since Earth was destroyed, but that seems a tad much. Though, to be fair, it's a gripe I have with the vanilla game too. I replaced all the Hylotl vending machines in my city with station ones, since it reduces the price of a can of soda from 100 pixels to 20 and a chocolate bar from 300 to 60.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  12. rare_candy_bracelet

and another Burger Fool chain claims an innocent neighborhood. Now they're gonna start popping up everywhere. Who do those hylotl health nuts running the place next door think they are with their nutritional meals smh.

... Oh wow, I actually never noticed that? Well I suppose humanity's gonna have to start revving up funds for a new planet somehow :/

in all seriousness though, I am loving this build so much. People don't do city-type builds enough. I guess I'm gonna have to work extra hard to make more food joints to force you to put in.

13. rare_candy_bracelet

14. Jonesy

Well, I'll be sure to update my build thread with the new version sometime. Although if you keep adding new sets, I'll probably end up continually expanding. As it is, I've already filled up the space between two mountains, including the mountains themselves. Guess I'm going to have to expand outwards, and maybe set up some kind of dedicated shopping mall building.

By the way, what other sorts of furniture sets do you have planned? I'd be pretty keen for a candy shop.

15. rare_candy_bracelet

now that's a build I haven't seen before! go for it!

well a candy shop was definitely one, and an ice cream parlor (maybe I'll combine the two?), a retro-ish diner, and a "fancy" restaurant. I just hope I don't burn myself out of ideas! If you've got any more recommendations - be it objects or ideas-, I'm all ears!

Jonesy likes this.
  16. Jonesy

The only other things I could think of were some sort of country steakhouse (with placeable steaks and ribs) and maybe a more chicken-focused fast food place (with placeable roast poultry). They could both easily overlap with existing sets (Novakid furniture and Burger Fool, respectively) if not done right, but I'm sure you'd be able to keep them sufficiently different.

rare_candy_bracelet likes this.
  17. rare_candy_bracelet

Oooh that's good. Especially the chicken joint. Could see them and the Burger Fools having a not-so-friendly rivalry. the question is, should I have it staffed by Avians or not...

18. Jonesy

I considered it too. An Avian chicken joint would probably require some black comedy to pull off.

Which does give me an idea; what about a tacky Avian-themed eatery owned by non-Avians? Maybe with cardboard cutouts of lithe Avian warriors, cheap recreation tapestries on the walls and a menu of Avian foodstuffs (corn peckers, feather food, etc.). I'd be down for that.

19. rare_candy_bracelet

Nice. The cashiers'll be all decked out in "traditional" warrior garb and it'll just be great. And it'd be interesting to try making avian dishes! the feather food in particular actually looks really tasty.

Jonesy likes this.
  20. luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

surprised nobody suggested a sushi bar yet, there are also those restaurants that have the massive and elaborate indoor playgrounds that are notoriously difficult to extract children from [​IMG]

there are also the ever so familiar pizza parlors with the animatronics, there are a fair few varieties of them with varying levels of creepy

[​IMG]

something like this in novakid style and as disturbing as possible:

[​IMG]

Jonesy likes this.