1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is the crew attacking Punchy?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Palicence, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

So my friend and I were traveling the stars when we came across a Hylotl city. Inside was a Punchy, and my friend wanted it on his ship so I grabbed it with my relocator and put it there. Now his crew is relentlessly attacking it, and I have to ask why?

Punchy.jpg

My crew ignoring Punchy.

20170806155141_1.jpg

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Maybe because your friend attacked him?

3. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

they are bored?

4. Palicence

I attack the Punchy on my ship, and my crew couldn't care less so I am doubting that is it.

5. noobsqoou

noobsqoou Big Damn Hero

it might be because you put it on his ship.

I have a feeling all you'd have to do to fix it is have him use a relocator to pick it up and place it down again.

6. Palicence

Tried that, he even built his own Relocator, and got the same results.

7. noobsqoou

noobsqoou Big Damn Hero

Interesting . . .

. . . has he "activated" his crew members so they follow him around and beam down with him? He may have to deactivate them so they just idle around the ship.

8. Palicence

Yep he doesn't have a single person following him, but they continue to attack.

9. noobsqoou

noobsqoou Big Damn Hero

That is friggin weird. It's too bad I deleted my older character to test this out without admin stuff, since I had a crew and punchy. I might play around with this on a test character when I get home.

10. Palicence

Okay, but to let you know my friend and I are playing on a server and neither of us have mods or have gone into admin with any of our characters.

11. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Clearly his crew is smart enough to realize that Punchy is actually an undercover sabatour, plotting to kill the captain in their sleep and fly the ship into the sun.

Or it's a personality thing.

12. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

And this is how Punchy got it's name.