1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Classic Food Mechanics v1.7.0

No more rotting or unstackable food!

1. EclipticWulf

EclipticWulf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Note: All the food changes are done via the buildfood.lua file, so there will probably be no implications!:

This mod changes the buildscript LUA to make it so all food (even exisiting)
    1. Is stackable to 1000
    2. The tooltip kind is changed to the default item tooltip (no more "this food should be fresh for awhile")
    3. The rotting LUA is removed
    Now, you may be asking yourself, "What if I NEED the rotten food? What's the point of bothering with this mod?"
    No worries! If you don't want to worry about your food rotting on you but you still want rotten food sometimes, an object has been added that you can place any food item into to turn it into rotten food - this even includes originally un-rotten-able food (like wheat)! The "Food Decomposer" can be crafted in your bare hands crafting menu for 100 pixels - it acts like the refinery, so just put your food item in and click Decompose to get some rotten food!

Let me know if you experience any issues (excluding any relating to the food decomposer)!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  2. EclipticWulf

EclipticWulf updated Classic Food Mechanics with a new update entry:

Patch 1.1

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. EclipticWulf

4. sundry-somerset

sundry-somerset Big Damn Hero

Hi, first of all THANK YOU for this mod, it's been a lifesaver :D

Secondly (and a little selfishly), would it be possible to make a compatability patch for CN More Farming? love the new food it adds but the stacking and spoilage is unreliable and partly broken. I'd deal with it but I miss your mod's features so much!

Thanks again

5. EclipticWulf

I can indeed do that. I'll look into it asap!

6. EclipticWulf

Mod Compatibility: CN More Farming

Just released an update that adds a compatibility addon for CN More Farming! Please let me know if you face any problems so I an fix them.

7. sundry-somerset

sundry-somerset Big Damn Hero

Thank you!

8. EclipticWulf

Let me know if any of the foods aren't working correctly and I'll fix it!

9. EclipticWulf

10. EclipticWulf

11. Reyghel

Reyghel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you for updating the mods. However, do not let me go to this poster.
    https://kn3.net/6058D0405C2JPG.html

As far as I can understand with my basic English skills, there is a problem with the mod Classic Food Mechanics v1.4

I hope that if it is very complicated you can solve the issue of incompatibility. For now I will have to remove this new update of the mods
    CN More Farming: Revitalization.
    CN Yes Chef: Back in the Kitchen.

12. EclipticWulf

What's that link? I don't have it linked anywhere. Or it shouldn't be.

And can you go into a bit more detail? What problems are you seeing? I do need to update it. It is just difficult to keep up with all his updates but I'll get on it right away.

Reyghel likes this.
  13. Reyghel

Reyghel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I explain the situation, I apologize for the imprecision I had. What happened was that ColonolNutty updated its two mods called CN Yes Chef: Back in the Kitchen and CN More Farming: Revitalization .. I followed the instructions and erased the old versions and install those new ones. In doing so I started to load the game and I left that poster of this link https://kn3.net/6058D0405C2JPG.html. In one of its parts says Starexception Asset source Clasic Food Mechanics.
    When leaving that poster did not allow me to have access to the game in my version 1.3.2 that I borrowed from GOG.

The temporary solution I could give him was to delete the updates of the mods and leave their previous versions and my game works.

I apologize because I have a very basic knowledge of English and I have to use a translator to understand things.

You are thankful for the fact that you created the mod and that if ever you can update. Greetings from Uruguay.

14. EclipticWulf

Yes I'm still updating it, so no worries. I'm working on an update for it that will essentially universalize the mod (using LUA scripting) so it will work with any food. I have it working for food, from a mod or not, but I need to get the decomposer and refresher to work with anything and then I will release the update.

Reyghel likes this.
  15. EclipticWulf

Universalization Update p1

16. EclipticWulf

17. EclipticWulf

18. beeedrill

beeedrill Void-Bound Voyager

is there anyway to enable food stacking but disable the food rot removal?

19. EclipticWulf

Not as far as I know, because the rot time is metadata on the item. So unless two of the same foods have the exact same rot times, down to the millisecond I believe, they won't be stackable

20. beeedrill

beeedrill Void-Bound Voyager

alright, thanks :)