Whats your favourite Boss of all time? / most difficult boss?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Corraidhín, Dec 21, 2015.

1. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

Yeah, I found it quite disappointing, actually. Mostly because of how little replay value and build variety in the game there is. That, and the lore makes 0 sense no matter how hard people tried to piece it together. The game went from an RPG action game to just an action game with little to no RPG elements whatsoever.

Corraidhín likes this.
  2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

DS3 in a nutshell. But hey! at least the music is good, glad the composers were still at it. DS1 will always be the magnum opus.

LOL BALL likes this.
  3. Ibrahym

Ibrahym Big Damn Hero

Vass from far cry 3 :p
    one of the best boss of the game
    when he died, the game died too

4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Heh! quite literally! I remember I stopped playing as soon as the story ended. He was the selling point!

5. Cally94

Cally94 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This little... There are so many fast paced, high-intensity boss fights in Bloodborne. But this one in particular reminded me just how bad I am at Souls/Borne games...

6. scotti

scotti Seal Broken

Red (Ash) from Pokemon

7. ruddthree

ruddthree Phantasmal Quasar

Axiom Verge's third boss, Uruku, is my favorite for some strange reason. It's second, fourth, and seventh are all equally hard.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    Corraidhín likes this.
  8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Third boss... is that the one where the screen zooms way out and there's projectiles flying everywhere (grenade like bombs are especially annoying)?

If so, there's a way to cheese that boss if you do it right.

9. ruddthree

Yeah that's the one. I like to switch up my approach every playthrough, and not cheese it every time. There are multiple ways to make the fight easier.

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Ahh. I see. The one I usually use, is I stick to the very left edge where he can't hit you with anything and fire those exploding projectiles that you can control when they explode. Detonate them at just the right spot to land a hit. Takes forever, but there's almost zero danger of getting hit.

11. ruddthree

Besides the sweeping green laser, but yeah if you jump out of the way in time you wont get hit by anything. Unless you're cocky like me.

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Was gonna post an edit, but you already replied! That was fast, lol.

Anyhow, back on topic, if we're going to talk about Axiom Verge, the guy I found that I have the most trouble with, is that stupid giant bee. It's a crapshoot, usually if you fail to keep him far enough to the left, it starts getting almost impossible to dodge his stab attacks.

13. ruddthree

Ukhu was a pain in the butt to kill the first time. The axiom disrupter is a high-damage range weapon that makes it can easy fight if you're willing to get a few hits for the highest amount of hits.

Should we take this elsewhere? I feel like we're getting slightly of-topic of the thread.

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

If you want. I figured it was semi-relevant, but if you wanted to start an AV thread... I wouldn't mind. I'm always looking for something to talk about because I'm usually bored. Just tag me or something if you do so I can find it/notice it lol.

15. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

oh but I was finding it intriguing! besides it is a boss talk! c:

Speaking of bosses... I LOOOOOVE the bosses of Cuphead, all of them! specially ze dragon, such a cutie

LOL BALL and The Purple Dragon like this.
  16. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

There's a continuation (and a video!) in a separate thread made for Axiom Verge in the gaming section of the forums if you wanted to continue that discussion.

And yeah, Cuphead bosses look awesome. I'll probably watch the game for if/when it goes on sale.

17. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

The old timey cartoon aesthetic makes me happy.

LOL BALL and Corraidhín like this.
  18. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Cuphead is cool i say but i can't see myself play it. But i like how creative all the bosses is but i have to say the pirate is my favorite boss.

LOL BALL and Corraidhín like this.
  19. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Arr, yer skills be just like me treasure... just a myth!

All the bosses have such interesting lines and tauntsX3 it gives them such life beyond the fighting!

20. EthaneSlinger77

EthaneSlinger77 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I played Minecraft 1.7.10 with this mod as part of the FTB (Feed The Beast) Direwolf20 pack and found that I could never get the Forgotten Colossi to fully animate. They would just spin around then start walking. I got quite a few components for the mod from them
    Direwolf20 is a very well known Youtuber in the Minecraft community who spotlights mods from time to time and also does let's play series. In two of his most recent let's play series, he did one with Minecraft 1.10 and another also with 1.10, using a pack called Age of Engineering. This pack gives playing modded a real challenge as it adds a progression system to the various tech mods and changes crafting recipes, a lot like the much maligned mod, Gregtech. In both series he eventually faces a boss from the Draconic Evolution mod called the Chaos Guardian. These are found at multiples of 10,000 X & Z out from 0,0 in the End. They make the Ender Dragon look like a cakewalk. They do Void damage, which is a lot like burning/freezing to death at the core of a planet. You need endgame armor which is powered, in order to even have a shot at surviving the fight and defeating it. They also get stronger the further out you go, so those at 20,000 are going to be much stronger.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    Ren Fox likes this.