Whats your favourite Boss of all time? / most difficult boss?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Corraidhín, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Goobers

Goobers Tentacle Wrangler

Ganandorf ocarina of time its not super hard but its the only bad ass fight i remember.

2. Goobers

Goobers Tentacle Wrangler

also SPOILERS Big Ape is harder than the ruin

3. {insert_name_here}

{insert_name_here} Astral Cartographer

Not really - Big Ape was difficult, but, if anything, Bone Dragon (or at least the mission leading up to the boss fight) was the hardest boss in my opinion. Dreadwing was difficult as well, if you weren't prepared for it.

EDIT: Oh, and the very fist time I went into an Ancient Vault, the procedurally generated boss there was a BAD-ASS. It had tons of health and so much defence that my Ferozium staff (which is meant to deal around 500 base damage per shot if you combine all the projectile swords) dealt about 15 or so damage, or something like that (give or take about 50 damage :D). That boss's attacks were also fun and unpredictable. It seemed less like a procedurally generated boss and more like something that was deliberately made by the developers. The other procedurally generated bosses that I found later on were very predictable and easy compared to this one. I think it was called Caradhras, or something similar. (it had the fire elemental effect, by the way)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  4. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

A little tip for the future. Some vault guardians have a very high defense; the way to beat them is to let the two monsters they summon become one. After the two monsters become one you need to destroy it, breaking the new monster will give you a massive attack buff that only lasts 5 seconds.

If you use the spike sphere tech and climb up the walls you can easily avoid a large majority of his projectiles. Shields and the parry skill for broadswords also work well in deflecting some attacks

{insert_name_here} likes this.
  5. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

God, I remember doing that fight where I had a decent weapon but almost no armor and got 1-2 shot by all attacks, so I hid behind little snowmounds to survive, it was tense.

6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Then you realized you had to grind... and grind, then forget what you were doing and waste resources, then suddenly remember and start over!

7. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

I would use a rocket launcher, then a broadsword when I ran out of energy.

8. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Greatswords... your to-go Boss killer in every game, always reliable!

The Purple Dragon likes this.
  9. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

That or artillery, gotta love me some mortar support!

10. Falkenhayn

Falkenhayn All Chuck Norris backward gets you is Sirron Kcuhc

My favourite boss would have to be one of the bosses in the Borderlands franchise. They're so much fun, and it's just as fun blasting them to bits with your procedurally generated grenade RPG with corrosive damage.

11. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh... BL2 made me LOVE condition damage... seeing those colourful numbers FLY! as an Infernal Fox Maya, using fire weapons was never SO satisfying...! then you had those granades... or the slag weapons for double damage... or that glitch with the junk explosive weapon you get from Marcus stacking with Gaige's Anarchy to cheese the super bosses

12. lilcooldude69

lilcooldude69 Void-Bound Voyager

Hardest Boss for all eternity. skip to 22:05

also id have to say my hardest boss was sephiroth on kingdom hearts 2.

Dragon_Knight02 likes this.
  13. Dean Blunt

Dean Blunt Space Hobo

[​IMG]

this motherfucker, the anger he caused in me was enough to take away a few years of my lifespan

Dragon_Knight02 likes this.
  14. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Who is that guy :eek:? or from what game?

15. Dragon_Knight02

Dragon_Knight02 Space Spelunker

He's the Boss from Hotline Miami 1, a game famous for its violance, gore, and extreme difficulty (both the player and enemies die in one hit) where you're force your reflex to the max (I'm great at it with both 1 and 2). During the final level, you must kill 2 extremely fast panthers (which you kill by hitting them with a thropy twice each), Bodyguard A.k.a Ninja Girl which have katana and throwing star (in which you kill her by throw the trophy mentioned before to her face, before bashing her to the floor), then the Boss that stands at his desk wielding dual SMG (in which you defeat him by throwing the ninja stars that was dropped by the Bodyguard at him while taking cover by the nearby statues, before he shot himself with a revolver so he can "spare you the pleasure"). It's kinda frustating if you're not good at it since they're all fast and you need to "press R to restart" back to the panthers if you die.

Sorry it takes an unnessecary wall to explain it. I just missed this gold.

Corraidhín likes this.
  16. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ah thank you very much! the lenghty explanation is rightly appreciated in fact, now I understand the whole thing most perfectly! and its not that bad a wall text at all!X3

As a side note, I have -kind of- continued playing DS3 and I have encountered a rather simple but very memorable boss fight!

20170729165805_1.jpg

Dragon_Knight02 and LOL BALL like this.
  17. LOL BALL

I found them pretty difficult in NG+2. I sat on their corpse after I defeated them.

Dragon_Knight02 and Corraidhín like this.
  18. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Lol, show them whos boss!

Also, now that you mention it, the only game where I thoroughly enjoyed NG+ was Ds1 at NG8, and DS2 at Ng++, not sure how ill feel about DS3, considering how different it is from the others.

LOL BALL likes this.
  19. LOL BALL

DS3 doesn't have much in NG+ besides different (really questionable actually) item placements and enemies having more HP and damage.

Corraidhín likes this.
  20. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Rly? thats a downer. I know everyone praises the living blazes out of DS3, but I found it most... strange, and even boring at times. They have gotten lazy I suppose, glad they are moving to other projects at least.

LOL BALL likes this.