RELEASED Turn Penny Into A Wolf-Girl Forest Guardian

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Advielan, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Advielan

Advielan Master Chief

Hiya there. So, this started out as a personal mod I made one afternoon, but It's been awhile so I have decided to share it with everyone. Please also note, this is a pretty out of date mod. It still works, but has some bugs. I don't plan on fixing them, as I have other projects to attend to.

This is a mod that almost *completely* changes Penny as a character. All that is the same is basically her name, and that she lives in the trailer. Alas, I couldn't insert a completely stand alone character with my limited skills- so this had to do.

This changes the polite bookworm known as Penny, into a Forest-Guardian Wolf-Girl Penny. Needless to say, she is a bit more hot blooded, and dialog has been changed to fit a more fantasy-esque feel.

Some things that this mod changes:
    - Portrait of Penny. This mod's portrait works well with any of the anime portrait mods
    - Almost *all* of Penny's dialog. (I think I got all of everything.)
    - Event dialog
    - Likes/dislikes. (These are basically the same, except now she likes a few kinds of fishes. Sunfish being one of her favorites. Her hates were shortened slightly.)
    - Character sprite (Sorry, I'm not that great of a sprite artist. I like portraits the most- but I feel I did this *okay*.)

[EDIT] The current download is BELOW in the forum post. This mod had a lot of complications, but a nice and amazingly helpful L0G1CR0W came along and made a great fix for it! So again, check for his download in the posts below.

Some Screens: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installation: Unzip, drag respective folders to their places in your Stardew Valley directory.

Thanks for lookin' guys.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?e9753izd9g3hbm9

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
      Mechon12 and L0G1CR0W like this.
    • L0G1CR0W

L0G1CR0W Master Chief

Hello, I really like your mod but for some reason i can't choose a heart event dialogue option ( the dialogue box just loops indefinitely) and I suceeded to bypass the heart events until the bathouse one which i can't skip. I know you won't work back on this project but i would like to know if it happened in your save file or if this mod is not compatible with another mod somehow , so that i can possibly work on a fix. thank you

• Advielan

Advielan Master Chief

Hiya there! This is not just a save file issue or mod compatibility issue. I noticed this also, and began skimming the XNB event files to see where the problem lay- but couldn't quite pinpoint exactly what is wrong. My guess is that there is script error with choosing dialog options- which is odd, because I searched the dialog and could not find any conflictions. (but then again, I am quite the amateur here.)

For a temporary fix, I would recommend finding default Penny's event dialog XNB files. (Found in Content --> Data ---> Events) and replacing the files Bathhouse_pool, forest, trailer, and Town, with the default. This will clear any event specific dialog I wrote- but it will likely fix the issue. It will still leave basic and marriage dialog and specific dialog during festivals and such untouched.

If that doesn't seem to work, then there's probably an error in the dialog file that has to be found- most likely having to do with the dialog "options" that are closable- which might be a bit tedious to look through.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
        • L0G1CR0W

L0G1CR0W Master Chief

I replaced the files related to her event with the default xnb files of the game yet it's still isn't working strangely. Is there another file related to each event (for ex: the bathouse farmer's response) that you could have modified. I was also wandering if this error happened to you, because it's maybe an error with my version of the game somehow ( if it's the case i'm gonna redownload the game)

• Advielan

Advielan Master Chief

I just playtested it myself, and the same thing is happening to me. So, your game is fine- it's just my mod. It may be better to only use the portrait and character sprite from my mod right now. :(

• L0G1CR0W

L0G1CR0W Master Chief

Ok, but i will still try to fix it now that i know that its inside of one the folders inside of your mod. I didn't say that the first time but the schedule also doesn't fit with the hours fixed to enter trailer so i had to replace your schedules files with the game's default schedules files (else some heart events are simply impossible to complete) . If ever I find a fix to your mod do you want me to re-post or send you the fixed version of your mod?

• L0G1CR0W

L0G1CR0W Master Chief

I found why it is'nt working, yet I don't how to fix it. For some reason unpacking and then repacking the Penny.xnb dialogue file (with XnbExtract in my case) seems to make the game loop for some reason even if you don't make any modification into the Penny.xnb dialogue file itself :cry:. Basically, it means that the problem doesn't come from your mod, but from the tool you used to make the mod (the game doesn't work only for penny.xnb dialogue file modifications) I will check for another way of modifying xnb dialogue files without disrupting the game's dialogue box.:urgh:

• Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Wow, cute mod. Too bad you've given up maintaining itX3

• L0G1CR0W

L0G1CR0W Master Chief

I found a fix! you need to convert your Penny.Yaml into utf-8 code before packing it That is why it wasn't fonctioning with me modifying anything. I also noticed that some dialog that the npc uses to answer the farmer for some events weren't there. I made another mod file that works, based on your files.

Attached Files:

Roskii Heiral and Advielan like this.
                    • Advielan

Advielan Master Chief

Wow, that's fantastic work! well done! :) I'll edit the post above so people know where to look for the mod. (with proper credit to you of course)

• Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Yeah, I'll definately check this out on my next playthrough =3

• Mechon

Mechon Void-Bound Voyager

Got into modding Stardew Valley and found this mod, the only character mod that I really liked so far.

Even if the answer is relatively clear, but are you going to work on this mod again, after the big 1.6 update?