1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

A Lot of Problems.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alex951753, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Alex951753

Alex951753 Void-Bound Voyager

So. I recently got starbound because I love stardew valley. Since I like the game so much I would like to see what kind of mods people made for it. I downloaded the custom race mod plus a couple of races. Before that I got the creative mode mod. But I have a huge problem. Anytime I want to start the game with mods in the mod folder it spends about five minutes on the loading screen after the chucklefish logo then crashes to the desktop. No error message. Nothing. If I just try the custom race mod it loads but everything is all overlapping and out of sorts. Plus, when I downloaded the game it seems to be missing some folders. For example I wanted to change the colour of my transport beam but I had no folder for it. If I went into the "common" folder I would just find songs. Nothing else. So I couldn't even do that.

Please help. I would love to play with mods but they don't function. I don't have the steam version of starbound so everything I've searched on is useless.

*Edit* I have no crash logs from my game. There is no folder for finding them and I don't know where they are. So as of now there's no way for me to put up a crash log. Also the xbawks creator is fine when it loads. But when I try to put any races in it crashes.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  2. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

For the custom race mod did you get a character slot extender. Because if not you'll get either the overlap problem you had or the race not showing. The creative mode mod i never thought of using since you can almost get the same thing with spawnable item mod and/or do /admin in the single player mode. Usually people say look at the starbound. log file in the storage or post it on here since it helps people solve the problem. I wish i can help on that part but i'm not a expert in the logs files.

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

where did you get these mods? I thought creative mode was dead a long time ago, meaning that mod is stupidly outdated and no longer functions.

4. sstar

sstar Void-Bound Voyager

get Xbawk's character extender. also search skittle's, because skittles made a template and its outdated so now you gotta unsubscribe to any races you have with credit to the template. oh, also, the creative mod... that's been broken for a bit so you have to get rid of it.

Senpai Deviljo likes this.
  5. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

For me Xbawk was still working but since i had more then 32 race i had to increase it to the 100 character extender. I now wonder what race the person was going for because i know for me i had to remove ningen :c because the person never updated it and i didn't want to get it off of steam modding community. TBH i didn't know a creative mod exist for this game. I just did the admin thing and got what i wanted.

6. Alex951753

Alex951753 Void-Bound Voyager

I got the mods from nexus

I've now stopped trying the creative mode mod because it's outdated. I do use the admin thing now. I'm trying for about three races.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2017