1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED RenTek: [Delta] Armoury - [Discontinued] [Delta] v1

Only a New PSA... go read.

1. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

as much as i hate teasing you guys with this... as that's what it feels like, its kinda too cute to not share... ^^; and apologies to anyone who might find this kind one topic/share/braging-ish post kind of thing annoying, if any, as well as for the slight slowness of the animations which would be a bit faster, but its thanks to the gif exporter i used, same apply's for the one with the background blinking out, really doesn't like that one for what ever reason, wont effect the actual frames, i might also tweak and slip in one or two extra frames in a couple of them to smooth them out but that depends on how they look in starbound as the animations would be alot faster so i might be able to get away with that, ^^;, the good thing with how these are set up though is that i can combine almost any group with another to create one single animation string, like the very bottom one is a mix of the Talk, the Eyebrow raise and the grin frames... no innuendo intended but yes im aware that's how it may appear and if so... then its achieved its goal of being a recognizable expression of body language, which is the point of making so many.

i still have 3 expression sets to do and finish so this would be... probably half or close to, and this was made from just the original two expressions i had made, the basic smile in the first gift, and the cheery 'Hey~!' with the raised paws in the bottom right gif, and then i still have the smaller version counterparts to do, if i decide to use them as well, we'll see how this batch goes first.
    My favorite two animations sets so far are probably the 'Paws' frame, where the paws are raised into view with a kind of... "look at my paws" but a "ooh yes, Can i have! give it to me!" wanting expression conveyed by the sort of cat-ish smile, and the laugh2 frames, the one after where she is laughing/giggling while with the raised paws which gives the character a sort of mischief like expression, like she is laughing at the result of having done something "Mwahahahaha"... Probably went and Sabotaged the your Ships Toaster or something... wouldn't surprise me...

Frames
    : Talk, Grin, Frown, Frown2, Ears.
    Frames: Eyebrows, Blink, Paws, Laugh2, HEY~!.
    Frames: Example Mix - Talk, Eyebrows, Grin.

notanaccount2, Lodish and Ocen Gren like this.
  2. CR207DX

CR207DX Master Chief

is this mod for glad girrafe(beta)? because i see some it's description say about it

3. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

that is a good question... and the answer to that is... No, Starbound 1.3 (current Starbound) and Ignore that wix page (for now).

Ocen Gren, CR207DX and notanaccount2 like this.
  4. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

sorry for the lack of updates... iv had some... severe problems getting the S.A.I.L Ai Replacement's Animations to work, it really annoys me as starbound wont specifically indicate what the problem is... well... more specifically what it doesn't like...

notanaccount2 and CR207DX like this.
  5. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

Not for the current starbound version

6. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

its in the update here highlighted in blue text:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...y-fixing.3325/update?resource_update_id=23521

don't use use the [Download] button on the mod page here, its currently setup to catch out those who straight up don't read and immediately post about the mod not working, its so then i can point them towards something they should have first read, but also clear out a few of the really old links that still cycle around, so sorry about that, i'll be changing out that link when i get around to updating the mod over on github, currently still stuck fartassing around with trying to sort out the SAIL ai replacement... which i might have to just use a base template and find an alternate workaround for the... (current) 245 custom frames...

7. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

oh... Legacy RA?, yeah i have few still, why you want one?

Edit: come to think of it, most of the very few first versions of mods can be found on site here in the version history, at least before it started being done off site via external hosts due to the stress uploads/download put on the site, if memory serves right it was during angry Koala back when "unstable" starbound was an actual thing and highly experimental based at the time too.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  8. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

Lodish and notanaccount2 like this.
  9. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

originally I had a differant system in which just used patch files, this was to give the Dire their stat traits, which was meant to work regardless if one had the FrackinRaces mod.

what your looking at, and I'm not to entirely sure on how it works specifically, is something inf_wolf designed, from my understanding its meant to be a check system, if FrackinRaces is not also being used, no statseffects apply, if FrackinRaces is also being used, stateffects are unlocked and used.

I'll look into it and see if I can work or figure something out, but I'll also check with wolf about this as this was something she designed up.

notanaccount2 likes this.
  10. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

the weird thing is... (From what i recall off the top of my head) This is unique to the Dire (with olin the mod) only... It shouldn't have anything to do with the other races out side of this mod, it shouldn't even acknowledge them at all...

that's what has me confused as to what its even after/wanting to do...

Starbound is just Strangely, Annoyingly, Weird a lot of the time... Like this... :l

notanaccount2 likes this.
  11. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

huh, yeah i see, not entirely sure why those were there, and i don't think it caused a problem in the past ether... oddly i dont have that problem and you guys "technically" have the exact same version im working with and using right now, *scratch's head* weird... i had noticed that the shadow damage patch for what ever reason caused problems which is why i removed that for the update, so im wondering if this is a similar case, i'll poke around it some more after updating the link and see if i can get a result out of aggravating it.

on a side note i am aware of a possible frame issue with the tech console after character creation involving the dire, though because its not a game breaking thing i can leave that sit for a little bit, thought i might just say.

12. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

13. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

14. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

Character artwork by: Zancuno
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]
    Your RenTek Corporation Tech Support Buddy and Outfitter.
    "What do you need help with? maybe i can fix it!"

Progress Update and whats going on.
    Too many things... may not need more coffee... just ice water.
    I'll keep this short...

But what originally started as a week long break while i tried to sort out a couple things turned into a month long break and now a month and a half or two months? iv lost track of time, so im going to apologise for the lack of updates and information up until now because its just been really really... tiring and chaotic out here for me, from what started as week of working on a Crosshair lua for the Xeno Railgun (+Prototype Xeno Railgun) turned into few weeks of traveling to see a family member who was in hospital, that then because a funeral, so that was an entire month gone, then a couple weeks after we have a new addition to the family... a Maltese x Poodle, how ever this pup has become quite a handful to take care of and train, so in between that fluff ball, various destrations and the heat wave we've just entered in, progress has slowed down quite alot.

so i apologise for the inconvenience this might have become, i was hoping to have had more of it done and at least a few updates by now but that doesn't seem to have happened...

------- Regards
    ------------ Your RenTek Corporation Tech Support Buddy and Outfitter.
    --------------------- Dilrax Stormpaw.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
    The 'Prototype Xeno Railgun' will be a free quest reward, but it severely lacks power compared to the fixed version, both look awesome and sounds powerful.

15. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Progress Update - Part 2.
    Soo many things... may need more Staff...
    I hope everyone had a good end of the year holiday... because now everything starts again.

alright... where to start... and how to start... hmmm... well for one, progress has started back up again, i might be a little bit out of the loop but that aint gonna stop meh!
    ... well to begin with, the weapon's will be switched up a bit, at least sprite wise for a few past weapons, i compiled a list of the planned weapons which i have sprites for or designs for and its a long list... which may or may not take some time to finish how ever im not alone in that department as Dark_Technician is lending a paw, err... hand? you get the idea...

there's still plenty of other things in the mod to do, such as armor concepts, NPC creation, dungeons/maps, Static Objects, possible crafting materials, Ship upgrade options, ect... for now the main focus is the weapons as they probably have the most work and progress out of anything, at least as a collective hole that is... speaking of which, something i had worked on regarding the weapons was the addition of 'collections' though it would be nice to change that to allow for more text about things, but to start with, when a weapon is picked up for the first time it will be registered in the collections... the uhh current UI needs a lil bit of work...

------- Regards

There is a lot of work to be done... i'l be nice to finally finish it all for once and for good... hell of a dream huh? Challenge Accepted.

Lodish likes this.
  16. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Progress Update - Part 3.
    Back in the Flow of things... may actually need Iced Coffee...
    God... one thing after another... I may not be a huge fan of the cold... but its surely better then the current Stupid heat waves were having... x-x anywhoo... until i hear back from tech who has hopefully made more progress then i have, i'v been doing a few tweaks to the Species Ship, i figured i might just give an update on that while also saying "Yes im still alive and working on the mod"

ok so... everyone remembers the current player/species ship right? lets say... take a look at the Tier 3 version. all to familiar, yes? well... its had a slight over haul... from this Point onwards the Tier 3 version of this ship will now look like so.
    [​IMG]

from this Point on wards the Tier 3 version of this ship will now look like so, whats changed? you might ask? well to start with the smaller rooms have been removed and instead of unlocking an entire 3 decks, you only unlock the 1 room on the lowest deck, the Tier 4 upgrade unlocks the above/middle room, and the tier 5 upgrade will unlock the 'passage access' above and extend the room sizes while also extending the ship its self and changing it to the next state "Frigate" as showed in the 3rd picture below.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

another change to this is the previous Tier 4 upgrade (example below) is now the Tier 5 upgrade (example above), you can also notice the structure difference in that the smaller room that previously appeared has been removed entirely, so no more random doors in between, you might also notice that locked room 'transition' doors have changed as well.
    [​IMG]

Previously the looked room transition doors which were placed in to show that there was something to be unlocked/opened later looked like this (see example below) while sure it worked at first.... it kinda did seem out of place and quite ugly in the long run, this image as well also makes a great example change to show the layout difference between the Old Tier 1-3 ship layout and the new Ship Tier 1-2 layout changes, previously the 1-3 Tiers unlocked these side rooms, which granted access to the wall storage (which has now been moved beside the Sail Console).
    [​IMG]

in the new ship changes the side rooms were as said before removed entirely as they are apart of the Tier 3 and 4 upgrades to grant additional storage space with there being a random wall in the way if the door was removed, a small change that makes a hell of a difference, anyhow the looked room transition doors had an overhaul and actually fit alot better into the ships interior decor rather then sticking out like a sore thumb as it leaves a sour taste in your mouth, with this change the border wall as well has been modified so it also blends in leaving one to only wonder whats hidden behind from view.
    [​IMG]

something else i have also made a little bit of work on was fixing some of the other Ship interior functions, for example, when starting a new 'Dire' the ship is all locked down, except for one door... but the cockpit window is all closed off with a shutter so there's an absence of light... i'll get around to adding a few scratch marks to that later, but anyhow, you all remember the Ship Companion right? this Goofy Fox named Miega? other then a few changes to the portrait's and some dialog changes progress on her physical sprites has been done, somewhat... although there's a few other things to be worked on regarding her.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

such as her monster alternate sprites which are more akin to her Sail Portrait appearance, her NPC sprites are finished though the NPC AI its self still needs alot of work, as the original concept for her as thought of me and by Sleeps-Fox (or simply just Miega-Fox) was to as stated in the: (click blue-esc text for link)

update on Sep 1, 2017, this is still the plan and this is all but one step towards making this happen, though i suspect that the NPC AI for this will take quite some time and probably due to problems with LUA scripting, i have somewhat of an idea on how i might be able to make this work as i did once help Sleeps make a more dynamic NPC who said
    different things depending on time and its mood before the end of the year hiatus, so hopefully that might be of a huge help to look back on.

on the notion of NPC's very little work has been done Regarding the Reni NPC who will appear at the Outpost and maybe in a few other places.

------- Regards

want a sneak peak at something? try tinyurl dot com forward-slash rentekutil... who reads this fine print anyway am i right?

Lodish likes this.
  17. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Progress Update - Part 3.5
    tweaks to previous update post... +minor npc update.
    so i ended up changing a few minor things and also jsut wanted to give a quick progress update regarding the ship pet/miega to clarify... the following i would like to change:

while working on the feral form, i ended up making an alternate head to match the smaller body, as the current is just slightly too big to actually work fine and kinda looks... well worse then goofy looking... (DK Mode, anyone?) and under a suggestion from Zancuno as we were talk alot about starbound, particularly a concept hes currently working on after we brain stormed it as a "what if" idea quite some time ago, the suggestion was to to use the new head and see how that would compare because it is obviously better looking already... as so... the following head change will be made to the NPC...

[​IMG]

it kinda actually does work out quite a bit better, honestly, if anything cuter... also while im at it, i thought i might share a few of the animations i just finished regarding the feral/pet side of things, how ever these normally are really small... so i have made some enlarged versions in case people have problems with viewing them you can click them to view the actual small size, the numbers to the left of an image indicate how many frames the image has.
    > 6:[​IMG]> 8:[​IMG]> 8:[​IMG]

i might have to make a couple changes to the entire NPC, as for this to take the place of a wearable item, eg pants, that the npc would "equip" while using the [ "Hidebody" : true ] line in the item to turn the rest of their body invis, though regarding the walking frame im 3 frames short, which could be quite bother some, so the work around for this is to render the entire npc as a monster instead and hope to have them function just as a normal NPC would... this could be problematic... quite problematic... but i think it might actually work better... assuming i can have her still function like a normal recruited crew member would...

this is going to be... fun... i can already see the shenanigans for when i work on the additional frames such as attack animations and so forth...

------- Regards

This is going to get out of hand and ether be the absolute best ever idea... or the absolute worst yet
    funniest idea ever...

Lodish likes this.
  18. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

is there a steam workshop page for this mod?

19. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

no

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  20. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot