1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Manufacturer's Touch 1.2.16

Weapons manufacturers now have an effect on randomly generated weapons.

1. Redacted Revenant

Redacted Revenant Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You may want to either change the Necrolix description or fiddle with the shot multiplier code because when using homing missile on a Necrolix rocket launcher only one rocket is controllable, the other flies straight.
    Other than that, no prblems, great mod.

2. Kitikira

Kitikira Phantasmal Quasar

That homing rocket issue is a pain. From looking at the code, it seemed that I would have to replace more scripts than just the homing rocket's script, which could make the mod less compatible with others.

Because of that, I decided that it would be best just to leave the quirk in, since it doesn't break anything and is better for compatibility. If I ever find out a way of fixing it without any compatibility problems though, I'll definitely upload the fix.

3. Redacted Revenant

I thought that might be the case.
    Question about the mod itself, though:
    Since Graxus don't make melee weapons because of obvious reasons but Custom can be any weapon with any element, is it possible to have a Custom explosive melee weapon?

4. Kitikira

When an element is chosen for a weapon, it's chosen from a list that contains all the elements that the weapon itself allows that are also allowed by the manufacturer.

So if a manufacturer allows physical, electric, fire, and ice, and the weapon allows fire, ice, and poison, then it will only choose from fire and ice since those are on both lists.

No melee weapons have any data defined for the explosive element, so unless there is a bug there shouldn't be any explosive melee weapons.

5. Redacted Revenant

Fair enough.
    I haven't found any so don't worry about bugs, it was just a theoretical situation.

6. enderlordmc

enderlordmc Big Damn Hero

the OP says what vanilla elements a manufacturer can use, but can i get a list of what FU elements (shadow, cosmic, and radioactive) each can use?
    edit: also how okay is this mod with being installed mid game, i have a lot of random weapons in my inventory, will it 1. crash on startup 2. erase all of them 3. regenerate them or 4. list them all as custom weapons

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  7. Kitikira

If you install this mod mid game, all of your random weapons that are based on the default gens (common, uncommon, and rare for the default types) will be regenerated. The only thing that will stay the same is the name, the weapon type, and the weapon parts (as long as the new manufacture doesn't use different parts).

If you use FU, then the following manufacturers can use the FU elements too:
    Custom: Cosmic, radioactive, shadow
    Manaticon: Cosmic, radioactive, shadow
    Necrolix: Radioactive, shadow
    Shade Co.: Shadow
    Xia-Li: Cosmic, radioactive

I'll add this to the description, thanks for mentioning this.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  8. enderlordmc

enderlordmc Big Damn Hero

I got a xia-li sniper with railgun, it's really weird. railgun instantly drains your energy but does a lot of damage, and xia-li weapons shock you when you burn all of your energy.

9. LordRuin

LordRuin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I updated to the lastest version of Frackin Universe, and the weapons are now all messed up. The weapon id doesn't show up right, and the crit, and damage bonuses don't show.

Attached Files:

10. Kitikira

Okay, I've fixed the interface, and noticed that FU changed the way it calculated crit damage back in January. So it turns out the crit chance and bonus that was being showed before in this mod were slightly off. The reason why the crit chance and damage wasn't showing was because FU removed the config that this mod used to check if FU was loaded.

The probably with the weapon type's name isn't with this mod, it just means that FU's categories.config.patch doesn't include a friendly-looking name for its weapon type id.

I'm right now struggling with getting the elemental types to work with FU's new alt abilities. Once that is finished I'll release the update.

11. Kitikira

Kitikira updated Manufacturer's Touch with a new update entry:

Hotfix 1.2.5

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

13. Kitikira

Nope, everything in place will still work. This should just make it easier to add compatibility in the future. If there are any problems with it, please let me know, since it is probably a mistake.

IHart likes this.
  14. Kitikira

Hotfix 1.2.6

bk3k likes this.
  15. Kitikira

Hotfix 1.2.7

16. LordRuin

Is it possible to have custom manufacturers for armours?

17. Kitikira

I don't think it would be possible, at least using the way you would for weapons. Armor isn't randomly generated in Starbound, and there's no script that tells the game how to randomly generate those armors. This mod relies on changing those scripts that say how to make the weapons, and so it couldn't do so for armor.

It might be possible, but not using any techniques I know of.

18. LordRuin

Okee dokee. I was just playing, and I've noticed that some weapons, although rare, cannot fire.

19. Kitikira

The next time you find one that doesn't fire, please post any errors in your starbound.log. Usually from that I can find out what the issue is and fix it.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  20. LordRuin

I've come across a Graxus Shotgun (level 4.7) whois shots do not proc explosions, and does not have any crit or damage bonus, a Manaticon beam rifle (level 5.8) whos shots are not plasma spheres, and a Necrolix sniper rifle (level 4.7) (i don't know if you changed it so that they make sniper rifles but i read that they do not.. so somehow i have one by necrolix) and does not have any crit or damage bonus aswell. Also, none of these weapons make any sound affects while firing. I've included my starbound log as you requested. If I find anything else I'll let you know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017