Dev Blog Starbound 1.3.2 Changelog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Original Post

2. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

cool i really appreciate that the player station parts are being reduced and that we no longer starve in the mech.
    Thanks for all the work you all have don :DD

by the way how much is it being reduced with?

3. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Another nail in the coffin for asteroid bases.

You could at least make mech beacons actually function like beacons - make them possible to break, craft, place. Make the green arrows of a mech point to the actual objects, rather than a single pre-determined, unmovable spot in the world that just happens to be generated in the same place as the mech beacon.

And for that matter, there's nothing stopping a world from having numerous beacons. You would just need more than one green arrow, one for each beacon.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2017
  4. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wonder why also status effect are disabled when you're in a mech ? even epp effects are disabled

DraikNova likes this.
  5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I actually like that new feature. As for your asteroid bases... why haven't you placed a teleporter? One would think you naturally would, and if so this wouldn't bother you at all.

That has my attention. I'll have to see what it actually does.

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

void player.interact(String interactionType, Json config, [EntityId sourceEntityId])
    Triggers an interact action on the player as if they had initiated an interaction and the result had returned the specified interaction type and configuration. Can be used to e.g. open GUI windows normally triggered by player interaction with entities.

bk3k likes this.
  7. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I like the possibilities of that...

bk3k likes this.
  8. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

If the player environment doesn't already have a message handler for this... That's getting hooked into it fast. I'd expect it does already though.

9. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Doesn't Frackin Universe already do this when you like loot a bone to give you the bone spear quest? Am I just misunderstanding it? To be fair I haven't gotten into the idea of modding this game yet and know very little about it.

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Technically, it'd have to do something that merely looks about the same player-side, as this feature wasn't available in the Stable branch until now.

11. Yarott

Yarott Phantasmal Quasar

Would player.interact allow for a trading system? Or any other way to open more kinds of interactions between players? Like group emotes and such? Or, say, weapons and gear that open other interactions that are specific with the target's propertoes and/or currently equipped gear?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  12. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

The unlimited script panes thing will be so good for modding. As will the player interaction thing.

Also, nice to see that the mech beamup and station prices were both corrected.

13. DarkSylph

DarkSylph Void-Bound Voyager

Umm, did you also update the dedicated server yet? No one can join my server after the update because of unsupported protocol version. I tried updating the server, but the version it grabs is the same one as before. It's acting like the dedicated server wasn't updated on Steam yet.

14. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Hmmm. You know what should really be added to the navigation? Planet size/day length. That was a nice thing to see in the navigation screen, and it was removed in 1.3 for no particular reason. I'd really like that back.

15. AGC

AGC Void-Bound Voyager

This would be great! Also, I'd love to be able to tell if it's day or night on a planet before beaming down.

16. xavierpunkreno

xavierpunkreno Void-Bound Voyager

Buggy mess with custom items. If you have custom items on your action bar and scroll too fast you get a packet exception.

Edit: Did some testing. Happens after switching the action bar once. You can scroll like crazy without issue but after you switch bars, all bets are off. Right now you have to hit z to unequip before switching action bars or expect a crash.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  17. xavierpunkreno

xavierpunkreno Void-Bound Voyager

"It seems that, when switching between two of the same type of item, if things(most liklely tables/arrays) in the animationCustom differ in length/size between the two items, you get an "eof reached" error." Credits of my friend The_Pro and it seems spot on.

18. Unclever title

Unclever title Cosmic Narwhal

That sounds like the opposite of a problem honestly.
    Well aside from ships not being designed space for mechs in mind.

19. Mirau

Mirau Pangalactic Porcupine

Same here. Any multiplayer friendly items in my hot bar and then crash.

After 2300 hours modding is the only reason I really play; this kinda thing makes it difficult to want to play.

If there's any more information I can help with retrieving to patch this, please let me know!

DraikNova likes this.
  20. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Incidentally, am I the only one still having the "space environments have two inexplicable horizontal lines in the background" bug?