RELEASED Expanded Crevices [New Version 2.0!]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

This is still an unsolved mystery. With Cleanup Crew I've had luck getting him unstuck. In my game. He was stuck in the wood pile in the upper-left of the beach.

• kebab4you

kebab4you Big Damn Hero

I don't think this is the same bug. He's disappeared entirely from the game. For example; 24th of summer which's his birthday isn't marked in the calender any longer; did the dance of the moonlight jelly and Willy was no where to be found on the map; and he's also missing from the social tab.

I deactivated all my mods except for yours and related frame work mods and tested starting a new game and noticed that Willy instantly de-spawns since he wasn't in the social tab that I checked first thing in the morning on day 1. So something with the fish shop isn't correct.

Removed his modified fish shop from your manifest file inside ALL and started another new game. Willy is now listed in the social tab and did walk around normally when I followed him around on day 2.

So, I believe the issue is related to his cubby (spelling?) that you added into the game.

Do you know if there is a way to re-spawn him? I saw there was an old divorce mod that had something like that but it isn't compatible with the current SMAPI version.

Edit: Saw someone had reported the same issues a few pages back, sorry!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
      • kebab4you

kebab4you Big Damn Hero

Did you find what caused this problem and how to patch it? Experiencing the same thing with my game, seems to be something on the save file itself since if I launch the game in pure vanilla it still crashes when I try to enter the display.

• Niqeyu

Niqeyu Void-Bound Voyager

hey,
          i'm using the custom farm map, immersive farm, and noticed tiles missing
          and when i bought the shortcut to the backwoods more tiles went missing, when i removed this mod the tiles came back.
          do you maybe have a version with no edits to the farm map end no possible extra shortcuts to the backwoods behind the farmhouse?
          if that's possible thank you very much.

• kebab4you

kebab4you Big Damn Hero

I managed to fix my above two problems (Willy missing, crash on grange display event) by starting a new save file where I disabled Willy's custom hubby. Then I used CJB Cheat Menu and CJB Item Spawner to manually copy my stuff from the old save into a new one from inside the game and then just slept until I was caught up to where I was.

If I had to guess why the grange display event crashes in my old save but not in the new one it's most likely because Willy is missing from the save.

• Androxilogin

This is all able to be edited in the manifest. You just have to cancel it out '*// //*'

• Androxilogin

Hmm.. You shouldn't have to go through all that trouble. Changing things pertaining to Willy in the manifest and one in-game day should do it. I didn't take into consideration Willy's cubby may be causing problems with his character. You may be on to something there

• kebab4you

kebab4you Big Damn Hero

Tested this on a new save:

1) Enabled Willy's Cubby
                  2) Did the cutscene at the beach and confirmed that he wasn't listed in the social tab after I had met him.
                  3) Slept and saved
                  4) Disabled Willy's Cubby
                  5) Slept a few more days
                  6) Hung around his store for an entire ingame day, no sign of Willy
                  7) Looked in the social tab if he at least was listed there again but no Willy there either

So just disabling what broke Willy isn't enough to get him back into the game. Once he's missing you need some extra mod to re-spawn him or do what I did.

• Androxilogin

Just to let everyone know, I spent a few early hours adding things to my mods and creating a few new ones- and I realized how much I miss it. Expanded Crevices was slightly updated and I have yet to notice any problems so far including with the back path and with Willy. However, I am still using 1.11 because I don't have the online resources (still!) for a decent amount of time to update everything. I've haven't released a fix or update since this will require further testing but alas, this mod(+ others) is/are not dead!

• Nad

Nad Space Hobo

Hey this is a good mod, well done.
                      I'm using a few other mod including a recolour and it show some missing tiles. I want to edit it out myself, but would you kindly tell me which section to edit if i only want permanent desert acces, gate outside the tunnel, beach acces from the forest and town and mountain ways upper right of jojamart.

• Androxilogin

Haha- well Nad, if you use the mod Debug Mode by @Pathoschild you can find which tiles are connected to a map file or about anything by holding ctrl and pressing 'f' in notepad (or Notepad++ is preferred) to find whatever you need to. From that point just cancel out what's inside the brackets with // or *// for multiple lines while ending the statement with the opposite.

• Nad

Nad Space Hobo

Wow it was a bit confusing and kind of ovewhelming for me (esspecially the manifest part), Thanks anyway.
                          Oh, I also using your treelife mod and.... it caused all replaced tree's to become a sapling (and grow over time), is it intentional? Is there a way to make them become mature tree's right away?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
                          • Androxilogin

That's the way it is. They'll grow. I think if you start a new game they may be fully matured. CJB Cheat Menu has an option to press numpad to to make things grow.

• NotQuiteSain

NotQuiteSain Intergalactic Tourist

Btw somehow the railroad for my game fixed itself and it now matches the seasons... It just took an entire year to sync up (Dunno if that helps you figure out the problem) Also I noticed that the backwoods also caused marriagable people to revert back to 8 hearts and the game resets their bouquet status (Mentioned earlier in this forum). After I downloaded the removed backwoods version of the mod it stopped happening. Also 2 shortcuts don't seem to be working. Walking through the tunnel after paying to open it for some reason doesn't teleport me to the desert and just allows me to walk off the map. There's a shortcut south of Leah's house across the lake(? river?) that I unlocked that also let's me walk off the map and doesn't teleport me to the town. That's the one with the debris blocking the way that you can clear if you have the cleanup mod (Or maybe the VIP mod I dunno). Hmm, now that I think about it I'm also using Karmylla's Immersive map edits and those might be effecting these warps but I'm unsure if they are connected.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
                              • Androxilogin

I'm not sure if she changed the warps around. Hmm. A lot of problems there. I'll have to look into this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I can assure you that I did not change the warps anywhere, just so it would be easier to make everything compatible :S what else could it be?

• Androxilogin

Probably ALL and Framework, not to throw Entoarox under the bus.

• Hasuko

Hasuko Void-Bound Voyager

Once I installed the no back path fix, I'm getting an error with SDVMM. Error below:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
                                      just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
                                      System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                                      at SDVMM.MainForm.ModList_tooltip(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                      at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
                                      at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
                                      at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
                                      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
                                      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
                                      at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
                                      mscorlib
                                      Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
                                      Win32 Version: 4.7.2053.0 built by: NET47REL1
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
                                      ----------------------------------------
                                      SDVMM
                                      Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
                                      Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Akemi/Downloads/SDVMM.exe
                                      System.Windows.Forms
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
                                      System
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
                                      System.Drawing
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
                                      Microsoft.VisualBasic
                                      Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
                                      Win32 Version: 14.7.2053.0 built by: NET47REL1
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
                                      System.Core
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
                                      System.Deployment
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
                                      System.Configuration
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
                                      System.Xml
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
                                      Newtonsoft.Json
                                      Assembly Version: 9.0.0.0
                                      Win32 Version: 9.0.1.19813
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Akemi/Downloads/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
                                      System.Numerics
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
                                      System.Runtime.Serialization
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
                                      System.Xml.Linq
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
                                      System.Data
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
                                      To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
                                      application or computer (machine.config) must have the
                                      jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
                                      The application must also be compiled with debugging
                                      enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
                                      <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
                                      </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
                                      will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
                                      rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

issue in SDVMM itself, not related to SMAPI or its mods at all.

• Menti

Menti Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your Mods are great but can u make a Version for Custom-Farm-Map-User this did improve the Mods so big =]