Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I've been getting a strange error, I can't seem to use ef_bushreset in the console. I get this error:

Code:
    [ERROR SMAPI] The handler registered for that command failed:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Entoarox.Framework.Internal.BushReset.Trigger(String name, String[] args) in d:\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\StardewMods\Framework\Internal\BushReset.cs:line 16
       at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.CommandManager.Trigger(String name, String[] arguments) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\CommandManager.cs:line 98
       at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.CommandManager.Trigger(String input) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\CommandManager.cs:line 77
       at StardewModdingAPI.Program.<RunConsoleLoop>b__22_0() in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Program.cs:line 485
    Did I do something wrong? :S

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Karmylla likes this.
    • zatel

zatel Aquatic Astronaut

Does the SD Mod Manager still work with the latest version of SMAPI? It'd be nice to disable/enable a mod rather than to remove it from the mods folder. Keep up the good work!

• gs3py

gs3py Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My computer recently updated and I'm having trouble with SMAPI. In orderto minimize potential issues I downloaded the most recent version and added to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley but keep getting the following error:

Oops! SMAPI can't find the game. Make sure you're running StardewModdingAPI.exe in your game folder. See the readme.txt file for details.
        Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• gs3py

gs3py Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure if this is helpful, but it looks like this path maybe incorrect?

upload_2017-7-9_8-36-24.png

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

ModDrop works with the latest version, SDVMM seems to work based on the comments, and I'm not sure about SVPM.

Make sure you're running the StardewModdingAPI.exe that's in your game folder. It it doesn't work, come ask in #modding on Discord and we'll help you figure it out. :)

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

I have a rather peculiar error to report, in that it doesn't actually produce anything in the error log. With the new 1.15 SMAPI, the warp point for Lambui's OmniFarm is reset to the default map warp point, but on 1.14.1, the warp point works as intended. I will be cross-posting this error in that thread, but as Lambui hasn't updated the mod since December 2016, I'm not counting on any support coming from there.

• veganvulcan

veganvulcan Space Spelunker

I hate asking what's probably a really dumb question: How do I install updates to SMAPI on Mac? The guide refers to it being automatic, but I don't see how that can be the case, since install.exe is a Windows file.

Could anyone link me to anything that could clear this up for me?

Thanks!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

There was a game update two days ago, so it may have overwritten some of the XNB files. Try reinstalling OmniFarm to see if that fixes the issue.

Follow the 'install' steps in the Mac install instructions. The installer will remove the previous version automatically.

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

After un- and re-installing OmniFarm, now the warp point is no longer working as it was before. The warp point from ranch/forest to farm was programmed into the SMAPI mod itself, so that an edited ranch/farm map didn't have to be shipped with the mod, as well--so I know it's not an XNB issue.

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

FWIW, the map warps for Omnifarm SMAPI didn't work on the 1st day after loading a save but worked for subsequent days in SMAPI 1.14. Haven't tried 1.15 yet, but it might be the same thing.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Shalassa

Shalassa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hej,

So I have no idea what I broke but for some reason the game crashes every time I loaded a character, go back to the main menu and then load another (or the same) character. Loading a character right after starting the game goes without a problem but once I loaded one it crashes.
                        Error-logs throws loads of "key not detected" which tell me as a coding-newb less than zero :/

Greets,
                        lassa

AUNT EDIT: Nevermind, I think there was a conflict between more crops and the earlier shop mod.
                        Seems to be fixed after deleting the more crops again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
                        • kagekairyu

kagekairyu Space Hobo

What went wrong? Anyone know?

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@kagekairyu The game crashed trying to draw the map. It looks like you exited to title and then reloaded your save, but XNB Loader might not have reset its content overrides. I suggest mentioning it in the XNB Loader support thread, Entoarox might have more information.

• kagekairyu

kagekairyu Space Hobo

Thanks for the quick response! I'll do just that.

• Marchen

Marchen Aquatic Astronaut

Hi, its me again. I have solved the previous error by removing the problematic file and played with no problems for some time. Yesterday I had problems with ENBInjector (reshading app), due to this problem I had to restart the game many times and every second try similar error occurred after I closed the game from start menu almost immediately. Then I switched to AutoInject and everything worked fine until today morning. I tried to run the game as yesterday, but shaders refused to work so I closed the game once again very quickly and tried again with no change other than heaving AutoInject window open and since then every time I'm trying to run SDV form StardewModdingAPI.exe I get this error. I searched the internet for solution but couldn't find one that works for me. Starting from Stardew_Valley.exe works fine. It is also not a performance issue because I restarted whole computer few times and used CCleaner. I checked if .NET Framework is updated and it is. I don't know what else I can do.
                                [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
                                • springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Got the error again, and I think I finally figured out what's causing it. Seems like it throws the error when I try to eat something and the cursor isn't hovering over my character, but only when I'm in the mines... does that make any sense at all?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
                                  • julezmartell

julezmartell Intergalactic Tourist

Hi Guys,

i know there's a SMAPI installation guide for Mac, but it doesn't seem to install correctly on my mac.
                                    Perhaps some of you guys knows what to do next, here are my screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/eMzYz
                                    http://imgur.com/a/5EmpB

I would really appreciate your help so I don't have to install BootCamp and Windows on Mac for modding.

Thanks!

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Wow, I've never had that crop up. What version of Mono are you running? (and that reminds me, I should make sure mine is up to date)

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.