Character Backgrounds

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by LtBlujay, Feb 13, 2017.

?

Would you want this added to the game?

1. Yes

85.7%
  2. No

14.3%
  1. LtBlujay

LtBlujay Void-Bound Voyager

I've seen this idea a lot, and this is my take on it.

So, yes, being a protectorate helps build the story, but it would be cool if you could give your characters a background different than that. Obviously, it would have to explain how you got a MM and why Esther is recruiting you, but it would allow a lot more freedom on WHO your character is.

Maybe you're a Novakid outlaw, running from the protectorate.

Or maybe you're a Hylotl scholar.

What about an Avian priest, or a Floran hunter.

Or maybe your a protectorate and nothing is different.

Anyways, my point is that it would be cool if you could change who your character was more. Some people don't really want to be bound to being a do-gooder space cop.

All in all, I don't mind how things are right now, but this would be a fun change.

Ozoner and Jaxatron like this.
  2. Brockster17

Brockster17 Phantasmal Quasar

Why would someone want to be an evil person? That changes the whole story.

3. LtBlujay

I dunno. Maybe you just want to be a space bandit. I just really enjoy the roleplay aspect of Starbound, and I think it would be fun to choose exactly who your character is.

Also, changing the story is exactly my point. Depending on who you are, the story would be different, adding more replay capability to the game, and making it that much more fun.

4. Jmack115

Jmack115 Orbital Explorer

im not the biggest fan of the vanilla start i prefer to be an outlaw but i see it like after the protectorate was destroyed you character killed the ruin for revenge and after that its up to you what happened to your character like after the ruin your character fell into a depression of sorts and turned to a life of crime or settled down and made a house or farm leaving his/her previous life behind or continued being a protectorate trying to help the galaxy im not a against a new start choice it would be so cool but i try to play off the vanilla ending cause its all we got

LtBlujay likes this.
  5. Ozoner

Ozoner Poptop Tamer

I like this, what if you're on your ship and get word that some kid just destroyed the most evil god ever and is reforming the protectorate, prompting your story of running from the law. Maybe these aren't unlocked until you beat the main story though

LtBlujay likes this.
  6. LtBlujay

That would be a cool idea.

7. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

I'd like this. I think skyrim had a mod similar to what youre describing.

8. Bersalius

Bersalius Phantasmal Quasar

Maybe we can understand better the backstory of the races with this. After all, we just know the Human version of it.

LtBlujay likes this.