1. This forum is for website and forum feedback ONLY. Please post Starbound bugs in the Support section. Any game-specific threads in this forum will be deleted.

Resolved Verification at Signup & Contact Us Stuck at Loading...

Discussion in 'Website Feedback/Issues' started by .Lexi, Mar 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .Lexi

.Lexi Space Spelunker

Hi there, new here. Unfortunately my experience has already been frustrating, lol. Upon trying to sign up to the site here, I got to the register page, only to sit for about 15 minutes on the page waiting for the captcha code to load. Needless to say, it never did. Much to my dismay, I suffered the same result on the Contact Us page where I was going to attempt to get help, considering I couldn't exactly post here without an account.

Here are some of my specs;

Platform: PC
    Operating System: Windows 7
    Browser: Google Chrome

Now, I whitelisted this site already with Adblock and Ghostery, but just in case they were still causing problems, I disabled them entirely, reloaded my browser and tried again. No luck. Moved to another browser (Internet Exploder; free of any type of extensions or anything like that) and still, no luck. Eventually I moved to another computer, which the specs of are the same, except instead of Windows 7, it's Windows 10. Same browser.

Finally, the captcha loaded after a few seconds. I just thought I'd let you guys know this is an issue, because it isn't repairable when one isn't able to log in to ask how to have it fixed. Others may not be so lucky as to have another computer it'll work on.

And (possibly) unimportant side note: I've never seen a captcha code like this site's, and I can't help but wonder if that's part of the issue. Not to sound rude or anything, but is this site so threatened by bots that it needs one quite that complicated? (If there are several types, I've only seen the one-- piecing a picture together by dragging images around on the screen) I've visited FAR more high traffic sites that have far less complicated captchas and they seem to get by just fine... Maybe just settle for a simpler one that'd be easier to load? I dunno. Just a suggestion.

2. We do get waves of spambots at times, and a lot of them seem to get by more traditional verification methods. As far as I know from our own usage, the picture-based method is more effective, but this isn't useful if real users have trouble signing up, so we've changed the verification method. From my own testing today, the picture-based verification did not load for several refreshes, but did a few minutes later without issue from then on so perhaps it was a temporary issue with the third-party that provides the plugin.

Thanks for the feedback!

3. fahad.fuji

fahad.fuji Yeah, You!

@Ordona Can you plz activate my account? I haven't got the confirmation email. I checked the spam folder but still, there was no confirmation email.

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

You've already piggybacked your issue on another old thread, and I asked you not to. Please don't do it again.

And I'd advise against posting your email address publically, as that is personal information that you don't want just anybody to have access to.

Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.