RELEASED Shardie's overhaul - Basic CP conversion done linked in thread - Future works will be on Nexusmods

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by shardie, Dec 24, 2016.

1. shardie

shardie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

...Next time I write that something "should only need a couple more days" please remind me that what I really mean is "about a week". :facepalm:

...Actually, I'd better just say "I'm working on something, it's ready when it's ready". :lod:

Anyway, new furniture has been added, this time taking advantage of the item rotation. New colors used, matching wallpapers/floors/buildings/etc will come later. :laugh:

Enjoy! :DD

eemie and LuthienNightwolf like this.
    • pinktin

pinktin Void-Bound Voyager

OOOOH!I LOVE ALL!!!!

• KariChan97

KariChan97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

:casper: Thank you so much both of you.
        Completely forgot about this and just noticed it now D':

• andiluxe

andiluxe Phantasmal Quasar

Which of the furniture downloads is the red/gold/navy furniture screenshot you have in the OP, please?

• shardie

It's the FurnitureV1 one, it's written as Blue/Gold/Pink. And thanks, I only just now realized that pink looks more like a light red...:facepalm: I blame the little time I have for modding, ahah! :V

Anyway, still working on various things, please be patient everyone! :)

• andiluxe

Thank you!

If I wanted the Dark Chocolate farmhouse_tiles that didn't recolor the stairs and columns in the house, would you be willing to provide that? So just the kitchen, master bed, and crib? I'm using another mod that edits my townInterior already, which means I can't use yours so it looks a bit odd that only part of my house has dark wood trim!

EDIT: Oh my gosh, rotating pieces to get new pieces is GENIUS. I have to use that broom somewhere. I did just try rotating the wood pile, and I got the tall skinny barrel, but the third rotation was just a black square. Should it be the fat barrel in the screenshot on the top left floor?

EDIT2: I found the fat barrel (pair!), but I still don't the know what that black square was.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
              • shardie

1: Sure! Here it is, let me know if it works: Custom Farmhouse

2: Okay, I checked the problem in-game. It seems something uniquely linked to the four original stools (which I replaced with the two canvas, the wood pile, and the skinny barrel), which seem to also be linked to each other. That's why you can get the skinny barrel (and black square) by rotating the wood pile, and if you rotate the white canvas you get the brown one...while the third rotation makes it invisible altogether, it seems. o_O While I'm assuming the four original stools can be rotated, it's something the game does on its own, and I can't access the other sides; I don't think you are actually supposed to rotate them, though (the other ones in my file that can are in place of chairs than can be rotated). There's nothing I can actually do to fix the (replaced) stools' "secret" rotations, but all you have to do is to simply place them as they are without rotating them. :)

P.S. Still working on things, slowly, but still working!

• andiluxe

PERFECT! Thank you!

Attached Files:

shardie likes this.
                  • お茶Mi's

お茶Mi's Big Damn Hero

So gorgeous i love the color palette as well, also these must have taken you a long time to make.. :^)

• shardie

Thanks so much! <3 Yeah, I was pretty new to pixel art when I started, and I still have ways to go, so I'm still slow. Having had little to no free time these past few months didn't help either, but things are getting better, so hopefully I'll have something new ready for next month (July). :)

お茶Mi's likes this.
                      • kunacottontail

kunacottontail Void-Bound Voyager

There's a new mod out, Custom Furniture by Platonymous, that I'm very excited about. I love your furniture, I'm currently using some of it, and I'm hopefully wondering if you had any plans to make your furniture usable with the Custom Furniture mod? Being able to have all your furniture would be so awesome!

• shardie

...I have no idea how to do that but I'm going to find out as soon as I can. Can't promise it'll happen soon because I never used SMAPI or anything that mods the game's code itself, but I will try. Or I'll give permission to someone to do it as long as they credit, ahah! But I'll try myself first. And thanks so much for liking my things! :D

• Shenz

Shenz Aquatic Astronaut

• shardie

You know, I might just do that, but as I said a couple posts ago, I need to finish a couple new pixelart things first. I'll try to have everything done by next weekend (start of July), then I'll read on mod making and see if I can contact Platonymous for tips.

Thanks much for the suggestions! :D

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

That sounds wonderful thank you for trying to make this work with Custom Furniture

• slymidna6

slymidna6 Big Damn Hero

Which folder do you put the farmhouse_tiles and towninterior files?

• shardie

No problem, I'll do my best, but as I said it might take a while! :)

Both of them go in the "Content" folder. Remember to backup the old files! :)

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

That is just fine take all the time you need

• Bryalba

Bryalba Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
                                      I love your mod but Harvey's spring aria looks wonky. I haven't seen the rest of the seasons I think it might have to do with plants since he has some there. I would love a fix for this.

• shardie

Luckily I had a save with Harvey as my BF at the start of Spring, so I married him and checked. As you can see I don't have that problem Uhm plantsNew.png , so that might means my mod(s) is(are) clashing with one or more of the mods you have that I myself don't use; unless I know which mods you have I can't exactly help you there. :confused:

Please tell me which mods you have installed (possibly with links so I can install them myelf to check, please), including which of mine, and it would help if you double-checked if the problem started after you installed my mod(s) and goes away without them, just to be absolutely sure of it.

However, keep in mind it might take a while, as I have some things to finish first that I have delayed quite enough, sorry. :(