Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theseaminer

theseaminer Master Chief

Thanks a lot Fiery. Really appreciate this!

• theseaminer

theseaminer Master Chief

I started using Tiled to edit maps because tIDE is terrible. I saved a map file as a .tmx, did all of my editing without any errors in Tiled, but when I saved the file as a .tmx in Tiled and tried to open the .tmx in tIDE, I got an error. Anyone ran across this before? I tried googling the error, with no help, and even tried searchign these forums, but I got squat. If it helps, I'm using tIDE v2.0.7.0.

Attached Files:

• Cas_Sumner_0000

Cas_Sumner_0000 Aquatic Astronaut

I have a problem with making a "challenge farm" I tried to make a farm that gave you very limited space and removed the fruit/bat cave, the greenhouse and the player home, replacing it with a tent. You still start in the player home with 15 parsnips but once you leave, you're supposed to not be able to enter again, and you just sleep by walking into the tent. However whenever I make a game with the wilderness farm, it just freezes. So 1) Is something like this even possible as long as you don't do certain things like get married or upgrade your farmhouse? and 2) If it is possible how can I fix mine because I'm very new to this whole thing. Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

• Mod.zip
            File size:
            32.6 KB
            Views:
        • Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Im 98% positive its impossible to move all of those places, so therefore removing them definitely wouldn't work. What you could do instead is maybe block off the entrances to the greenhouse and cave with immovable objects? I'm not sure about the house thing, Idk if its possible to make something else act like a bed.

• Pchooooo

Pchooooo Void-Bound Voyager

Me and a friend of mine are currently working on a custom map, and I've actually started to wonder about something.
            I know it's possible to edit/make new messages to feed into the map (you can just add a message manually with tile properties OR you could add the String into the StringsFromMaps yaml file that stores many of the previously made messages used and call it from there), but is it possible to make a time-sensitive message? AKA Is there a way that if you interact with a tile that you can make it display different messages based on the time of day in game?

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey guys, anyone know how to copy all the custom properties in a tilesheet and paste it into another tilesheet?
              I've tried it on tIDE and Tiled, but both seem incapable of this! I might be wrong but, if not, I guess I'll have to edit the tiles properties one by one, or reuse the same map that already has the custom properties, but that will force me to recreate the map, which is quite big :S
              Any solution for lazy old me?

• hojichas

hojichas Void-Bound Voyager

I'm really new to map editing, and I was wondering how a .tbin file could be edited on Tiled? Tiled doesn't seem to support it at the moment.

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I've got a question about map warps. I'm trying to add a new building to the Forest map, but for some reason I'm unable to enter the interior map. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, if someone would be willing to help me out that would be great! Here are the files if someone wants to look at them

Attached Files:

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Have you tried having only one command for the LockedDoorWarp? I noticed you have two, and that might confuse the game a bit.
                    If it doesn't work, you might need a SMAPI for this, because the game might not recognise new maps :s

Also, does the Action icon appear next to the door?

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

It does have the action icon. I tried one and I still have the same problem. Here's the error:
                      [19:41:19 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      at StardewValley.Game1.warpFarmer(GameLocation locationAfterWarp, Int32 tileX, Int32 tileY, Int32 facingDirectionAfterWarp, Boolean isStructure)
                      at StardewValley.GameLocation.lockedDoorWarp(String[] actionParams)
                      at StardewValley.GameLocation.performAction(String action, Farmer who, Location tileLocation)
                      at StardewValley.GameLocation.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
                      at StardewValley.Locations.Forest.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
                      at StardewValley.Game1.tryToCheckAt(Vector2 grabTile, Farmer who)
                      at StardewValley.Game1.pressActionButton(KeyboardState currentKBState, MouseState currentMouseState, GamePadState currentPadState)
                      at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateControlInput(GameTime time)
                      at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                      at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 520

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
                      • RainCloudsOnTheMoon

RainCloudsOnTheMoon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey everyone!

I have a question about editing the player's house.

I have XNBNode and have extracted the xnbs, edited the png files, repacked the files, replaced the new edited files in the game, but when I load the game nothing has changed.

I followed the instructions for editing XNB files exactly, but I think it might have something to do with the player's home being a Map file.

So, should I try to use tIDE and see if editing the Map files changes things? I've spent hours combining the mods I want and I just don't want it to be all for nothing.

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm trying to edit spouse rooms using an extended towninterior tilesheet. But I get an error message that basically says that the tiles are out of bounds when trying to load the spouse room and it loops back to title. I put the default spouse rooms xnb back in and loaded my game up again and it was fine. I also had some other tiles at the bottom of the towninterior tilesheet for my basement. Below all of the stuff that I put on there for the spouse rooms. I went into the basement and it's all showing, so I'm not sure how everything for spouse rooms is out of bounds if things that are below those items are showing up fine. It's looking like that you can't edit spouse rooms at all with custom stuff unless you replace existing items, which is really annoying... :wut:

If anyone knows of any mods that could maybe help or know of any other possible way to add custom items to spouse rooms I'd appreciate it. When my whole house is decorated a certain way the spouse rooms just stand out and bug me.

• FieryChaos

• FieryChaos

If you haven't figured it out, place your edited xnbs into both the \Stardew Valley\Content\ as well as \Stardew Valley\Content\Maps\ folders; I assume here you edited the towninterior.xnb file (and/or the farmhouse_tiles.xnb).

• RainCloudsOnTheMoon

RainCloudsOnTheMoon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the response and advice!

I had placed the files in both locations, but still no dice. After downloading another xnb file to replace the farmhouse interior and seeing that it worked I knew something was going wrong on my end of things.

Now that I've done even more research I suspect it has to do with the tilesheet not being edited exactly perfect. Like, I didn't match my edits up carefully enough so the game can't read the png file right, so no edits show up.

Now I am starting again with more knowledge! Wish me luck!

• Meevers

Does anyone know where the map is that puts the stairs in your house in your kitchen to go into the basement? That area doesn't appear on the map for the houses.

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

If it doesn't appear on the map then it's likely it's hardcoded in the game :(

• Meevers

Ah, for some reason the tiles on the corners of just that opening are appearing as a TV and I have no clue why. I've not replaced anything. No other corners in the game or any of the wooden borders anywhere else in the game are appearing that way. It's confusing the heck out of me so I wanted to look what was going on. :lod: Even if there was a data file somewhere that adds those tiles to the map after the conditions were met (building the basement). But I can't seem to find one.

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

You can't, the same happens in the Slime Hutch, with the incubator. It's coded in the game.
                                      To remove them, you'll need SMAPI, or you can go around the issue and add tiles above that area in the Front layer, in case you just want to make an object disappear (like I did with my vineyard/bar I made of the Slime Hutch :p)

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.