RELEASED Siv's Marriage Mod [NOW OPEN SOURCE]

Discussion in 'Characters' started by sivolobwho, Mar 13, 2016.

?

What features would you most like to see added to this mod?

1. 8- and 10-heart events

482 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. Wedding event error fixes

132 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. Festival fixes (make spouses available for all festivals)

115 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. Post-marriage spouse events

514 vote(s)
    41.2%
  5. Extensive in-law dialogue

147 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. More couple-centered festivals

130 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. Additional rooms in house, including more spouse rooms

121 vote(s)
    9.7%
  8. Character-specific help/chores from spouse

113 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. Baby/toddler sprites recolored/edited according to parent

146 vote(s)
    11.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. symmetricalpiggy

symmetricalpiggy Orbital Explorer

hi im struggling to install this mod, is there an easier way to explain this to someone who isnt computer savvy??? please i rly wanna marry the fish man

EDIT: i got all of the portraits and schedules in the game i'm just still not able to romance them.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    • Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Any idea when this will be updated?

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Sivlobwho hasn't been around since February, and the mod isn't open source, so it may be dead. :S

• Berret

Berret Subatomic Cosmonaut

I recommend shooting her a message in her tumblr!

• wodmscjstk1004

wodmscjstk1004 Intergalactic Tourist

@sivolobwho

Right. I wanted to marry to the Wizard, so I downloaded this mod, but it doesn't seem to work. it keeps talk about version blah blah.... could you please update? I really reallllly want it... :'(

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

According to their Tumblr they plan to update in June~

• Bassy211

Bassy211 Void-Bound Voyager

I think I found the solution? I had the same error code and simply not putting the "SivsMarriageMod" folder into your mods folder seemed to fix it.

I copied and pasted the content folder over into the game folder and overwrote the files, then ran the game. I didn't touch the 'mods' folder at all and it's working fine for me. Idk if it'll help you guys, but I thought I'd mention it.

• sivolobwho

sivolobwho Phantasmal Quasar

Hey, friends! I have successfully escaped the claws of junior year of uni and I'm going to start looking into updating my mod today!! No ETA on when I will have it fully functional since I have to do lots of testing/etc. to see what works and what is broken, but I will update you all ASAP when I have an idea of when you might see some updates. ^^ Thanks for your patience, everyone! I'm glad to see you all still like my mod (even though it's super broken!!!!). (Also shoutout to @Berret for directing people to my tumblr....... the only real place you can ever consistently find me............)

• Scabbers

Scabbers Orbital Explorer

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

• sivolobwho

Hoohoo, hoo boy. Figured out why everything went kaput pretty quickly. There are a hundred dialogue files now. ^^ Time to dig in and see what's what.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

good luck I hope you can get it working

• sivolobwho

This is going to take a bit of troubleshooting it seems. For whatever reason, even though I've updated the file that should by all accounts make it work, Lewis is still the only one (besides the canon singles) showing up as (single). I'll have to do some digging and see what's changed. I imagine I'll have an update sometime in the next week or so, maybe two weeks at the latest. Working spouse rooms may or may not be included with that update - depends how far I get with these darn .xnb files.

• sivolobwho

Things are starting to come along. Making a few quick fixes here and there~

• Squeakykins

Squeakykins Orbital Explorer

Ngl, I'm a little sad that your visual updates involved making all of the fat/chubby characters thinner. :(

• sivolobwho

I'm sorry you feel that way! I tried to keep their body types at least similar for the update - the only one who lost a dramatic amount of weight was Gus, and Marnie a little bit. ^^; The thought did occur to me as I was making them, so I tried to keep them at least similar to their original body types.

• Shenz

Shenz Aquatic Astronaut

@sivolobwho how long do you think you need for the next update

and can you link your Tumblr i tried to find it but failed

Thanks

• lordvalinar

lordvalinar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So does this mod work with 1.2 if we just copy the content folder over? Or does it still require the actual "mod" in the mods folder? I have the Female Wizard setup by CreepyKat and while I just started a new game, wondering if I should hold off installing this mod until an update, or scrap the prospect altogether? :(

• Shenz

Shenz Aquatic Astronaut

Lord at this moment hold off IMO til we get confirmation from Siv :)

• Salamander Sundaes

Salamander Sundaes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have kind of a random question - if someone else has asked this, I'm sorry! >< My internet connection is really slow 'cause of the storm, so loading between pages is taking forever.
                                        I was wondering if there was any way to make this mod compatible with http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1051/? ? I've been looking up xml editing, but I'm not even sure where to start.

• Shenz

Shenz Aquatic Astronaut

Hello there Sal,

Have you tried to have them both added to your game?

If you have and they have collided. I'm sure siv could see about making her Mod Compatible with Less Saturated Valley.

I would like to suggest checking out Map Recolour which is one that that I use and I love the changes it makes.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
                                            Salamander Sundaes likes this.