Mechs are an endless grind, needs more risk = reward

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Bismuth, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Bismuth

Bismuth Cosmic Narwhal

I love the new mechs and space and exploring NPC ships is really fun... But upgrading your mech is not at all.

Salvage is far too scarce. The drop rates are too low for the tankiness of enemies and crafting requirements. Space would be more fun if it had some challenging obstacles with big rewards. Make those big beefy computer mechs in space more threatening but have them drop heaps of salvage to help speed along the process of upgrading, or mix up the variety of anomalies to include special boss fights that have similar big yields.

The randomness of blueprint drops is also rather tedious. I've once suffered 6 duplicate hero body blueprints in a row trying to get just one weapon.

Rookas and STCW262 like this.
  2. florinblain

florinblain Subatomic Cosmonaut

I agree. I really like the space content but trying to upgrade your mech at the moment rapidly goes from fun to tedious. It's not even grinding salvage that I find bad, it's trying to get new parts that you actually need. I've been looking for midtier mech weapons for days and gotten absolutely nothing from advanced mech blueprints but sleek legs/boosters, it's unreal. The game needs to look at which mech blueprints you already have and weight the odds against getting duplicates all the time or something.

Edit: In fact from looking at the game files it seems as though it's supposed to do exactly this, but it's obviously not working.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Rookas and Bismuth like this.
  3. Bismuth

Bismuth Cosmic Narwhal

That's really interesting actually I had no idea. I don't know the numbers obviously but to me it certainly feels like the opposite is true. I've unpacked loads of blueprints and about half of them have been hero bodies. It would be excellent if they worked that system to be more effectual.