1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED NPCSpawner+ 1.1.6

Spawn in and Customize NPCs similar to a chargen

1. LordRael

LordRael Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Having a bit of an issue. I started making NPCs to populate my build, but after the first one, I started getting this error on trying to use the detach override.

It reads "Unable to detach: Insonsistancies found in your NPC's parameters: identity." I've hit the Activate button, moved the NPC Creator to two separate spots and reloaded the character. What am I doing wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/EIhs7QK.jpg

2. ThreeTen22

ThreeTen22 Astral Cartographer

Its not an error, its to let the user know that something has changed since you opened the pane menu. If you created the npc you want, press activate first, then reopen and use the command. If you have already done that, activate the spawner, reselect the gender you want and then use the detach command again.

3. LordRael

LordRael Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, I'll try that again. Thanks for the info!

4. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

When i recruit crew, their clothing reverts back to vanilla when they teleport or respawn. :(

5. ThreeTen22

you can thank vanilla crewmember scripts for that. Nothing I can do without adding extra scripts. I am making a separate mod specifically for crewmembers.

6. ThreeTen22

totally forgot to update the mod on this site, incoming!

7. ThreeTen22

ThreeTen22 updated NPCSpawner+ with a new update entry:

1.3 Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. HachiYakumo

HachiYakumo Phantasmal Quasar

Is there any way to spawn a crewmember without any weapon equiped? because they my medic always has it's ugly ass sword and I want him to be a medic not a butcher.

Also, when I tried to equip, at least, the less ugly sword I could find, he became mad switching blades back and forth. Any reason to that?

9. ThreeTen22

Vanilla limitation of the crewmember script. I am working on a standalone mod that deals specificially with crew outfits and weapons.

HachiYakumo likes this.
  10. HachiYakumo

Thanks a lot : D

11. HachiYakumo

Sorry for double posting.

Could you explain me steo by step how to get the spawner of an exported npc? (can I get a doctor tenant npc?)

12. ThreeTen22

ThreeTen22 updated NPCSpawner+ with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.6

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Avito

Avito Subatomic Cosmonaut

Please compatible Hunter Crewmembers

14. ThreeTen22

@HachiYakumo
    This information is also on the export tab:

How to spawn in the spawner:
    1. Select the export tab, under the advanced category.
    2. Write down the UniqueID you see in the information panel.
    3. Quit Starbound, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.
    4. Goto [starbound installation directory]/storage/
    5. open up the file starbound.log in a text editor, preferably something other than notepad. Wordpad will work and I believe it comes with all versions of windows.
    6. press ctrl + f, and search for the uniqueid you wrote down in step 2. The document will automatically scroll to where you need to go, and where the spawn command is.
    7. There are some copying guidelines, directly under where the UniqueID is. Follow those guidelines while selecting the spawn command.
    8. Make sure when copying the command that you only select the command, no extra blank space either above or below.
    9. Open Starbound,
    10. Select the character you want to receive the spawner
    11. Open the chat window, and paste the code in using ctrl + v
    12. If Step 11 doesnt work:
    13. You may need to be in admin mode to actually spawn this.
    14. Open the chat window, and type in: /admin and press enter
    15. paste the code in using ctrl + v, press enter
    16. type in: /admin and press enter
    How to use the spawner:
    1. Place the spawner where you want the npc to reside.
    2. Run away until you cannot see it any longer. Then keep running for about 2-3 more seconds.
    3. Turn back and the spawner will be broken on the floor (and rendered useless, should be discarded), and the npc will be there.
    4. If the spawner is still there/no npc, you need to run further away
    5. If the spawner is broken on the ground, but no npc, then something went wrong on my end.
    Be sure to save your commands in a different file, as the starbound.log file is temporary

Hope this helps.

As for question 2, tenant npctypes are weird. Many of its functionality is actually managed by the colony deed, so I am not sure.

15. A-Vladimir

A-Vladimir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

16. Rhyno_SVK

Rhyno_SVK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good idea :lickitung:

17. oddone160

oddone160 Void-Bound Voyager

is there a way to make crewmembers use only ranged weapons and refrain from running foward to malee enemies with swords/daggers?.
    i give them weapons from Lyira'sGunshop mod but usually they fire one or two shots and then break out swords instead, thank you for the amazing mod! it really gives in to allow roleplay and immersion.

18. ThreeTen22

19. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

very cool mod.
    i created a follower npc type and when i said him to wait .he waits but will not interact with anything near him just starnd there.
    do you know why is that?
    Edited:and they didnt beam down

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  20. ThreeTen22

only crewmembers beam down with you. followers just stay on the world they were made.